Unknowingly scraped a random car (Stay On Topic)

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I don’t think a 1 time accident is predictive of how many 30 years to come. There are people who have only gotten into 1 accident. That’s not a logical prediction. There needs to be a pattern. I get it if they were like 3 strikes your out. I also get it if he crashed. But that’s not the case
Tell that to the kid’s family your fiancé hit on a bike instead of a car 5 times the size of a bike.

CoffeeStainedUniform

hi! My fiancé was placed on a 3 day suspension right before he was supposed to make book because he didn’t report a scratch to another car unbeknownst to him. He’s a hard worker and performs well daily and always gets amazing feedback. Is It likely they will fire him and not let him continue as a driver? It’s been 3 days and he still doesn’t know his status. I’ve encouraged him to keep asking but he feels very discouraged . What is the proper procedure for this? Please help.
I'm sorry, he will not be qualifying as a driver. Hitting anything is very serious no matter how long you've worked for UPS, it's a downcheck for someone qualifying.

barnyard

KTM rider
I guess the commonality depends on where you live. In a congested city it’s more common than in a open suburban area.

No. It is not. UPS takes hitting things very seriously. Does not matter where you are. The fact that he did not report is worse. The back of our trucks are a huge echo chamber. If you hit something, you know it. If I left a scratch, he knew it. He went to driving school and was told what to do if it happened. He did not follow those instructions. He will either be fired for not reporting (honesty issue) or will be sent back to the hub where he will have to wait either 1 or 3 years to sign another bid.

542thruNthru

He’s an inside employee. He’s in the union for another position just not this one. He was a few days shy from being in the union for this position.

If he's a inside employee then is he back to his old job working yet?

He wasn’t discharged. He’s still employed but it’s under investigation.

I'm sorry but this still doesn't add up. He had a accident and didn't report it. I understand he didn't know he had done it but unless he was discharged for the unreported accident he should be back in the building doing his old position.

He passed 30 days. He tells me it’s 40?

What city are you in? Many areas have different rules. @trickpony1 gave you the best advice. If he is still not working he needs to contact his local and speak with his business agent. He should not be suspended 3 or more days with out recieving a warning letter. Only way I see that happening is if he was terminated and then reinstated after the union got his job back.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
Even the slightest scrape in your qualifying period will sound like cymbals and shattered dreams. Either he scratched something and knows about it or some person with $$$ in their eyes saw their car scratched up in the parking lot, then saw the UPS phone number on the back of the truck. Must've beem him lmao.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
hi! My fiancé was placed on a 3 day suspension right before he was supposed to make book because he didn’t report a scratch to another car unbeknownst to him. He’s a hard worker and performs well daily and always gets amazing feedback. Is It likely they will fire him and not let him continue as a driver? It’s been 3 days and he still doesn’t know his status. I’ve encouraged him to keep asking but he feels very discouraged . What is the proper procedure for this? Please help.
What scratch? Wasn't me! Must have been the carwash?

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Was there video ? A witness ? Are we sure the owner of the car knows for sure it was A ups Brownie that scratched it ?
I had a woman call ups on me once ,5 days after I supposedly scratched it , 5 days ??? I told her to file a police report then call ups back , my Brownie wouldah torn a rip down her side , no brown paint on it , Kids keyed her car and wanted us to repaint with a false claim. Tell your BF to talk to this person

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I was accused of hitting a car by a dock, I did not back into. I told my boss I did not back into it. I never did if cars were parked, it was just easier to walk it with a few pkgs, even tho heavy. Of course no one believed me. I was going by later that day, car still in place, with a mirror hanging off. I saw them there investigating, so I pulled in and backed up...no where close to having been my truck. But there was another car with damage, and he admitted he did it. Yes if you do it you know it. If you honestly dont know, fight it, get with your BA. But in the end even if the police say you are not guilty, UPS will say what they want. They pretty much suck in that arena.