Update on being hurt at work.

Ouch

Okay so after being off the job from a work related injury, I decided this morning to show up at work with my restrictions and tell them here I am, I am ready to work. They have me coded leave of absence. Well I went in to tell them I wasn't on loa and I'm ready to work. Ups would not let me thru the guard shack, my manager told the guard I was not allowed in. I think I will do the same thing every morning. What are y'all's thoughts.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Okay so after being off the job from a work related injury, I decided this morning to show up at work with my restrictions and tell them here I am, I am ready to work. They have me coded leave of absence. Well I went in to tell them I wasn't on loa and I'm ready to work. Ups would not let me thru the guard shack, my manager told the guard I was not allowed in. I think I will do the same thing every morning. What are y'all's thoughts.

If you were off for more than 3 days, you are on Medical LOA.
They will not let you in.
You have to contact Met (or whomever is managing your LOA) and they will tell you what you have to do to return to work.

Ouch

I've been released from the doctor Mmi, so I am either employed and working or I'm not. They shouldn't be able to put me on loa for as long as they want and just keep me out there in limbo. I can't draw unemployment cause I have restrictions that will prevent me from working.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I've been released from the doctor Mmi, so I am either employed and working or I'm not. They shouldn't be able to put me on loa for as long as they want and just keep me out there in limbo. I can't draw unemployment cause I have restrictions that will prevent me from working.

I understand how you feel but that's not the way it works.
UPS pays Met who manages RTW and until Met gives the clearance, you ain't coming back.
I've been through this and so have my reports and you just can't come back with a doctor's release anymore.

Ouch

I understand how you feel but that's not the way it works.
UPS pays Met who manages RTW and until Met gives the clearance, you ain't coming back.
I've been through this and so have my reports and you just can't come back with a doctor's release anymore.
Hey bud didnt mean to sound un greatful for the advise I'm just sick and tired of being jacked around. I'm in jeopardy of losing stuff I own. This really ticks me off. I've got a good lawyer that is working on trying to find a way around this. It just ticks me off that I know as well as they do I can't come back. Why not let me live my life. I mean really.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Hey bud didnt mean to sound un greatful for the advise I'm just sick and tired of being jacked around. I'm in jeopardy of losing stuff I own. This really ticks me off. I've got a good lawyer that is working on trying to find a way around this. It just ticks me off that I know as well as they do I can't come back. Why not let me live my life. I mean really.

Didn't take it that way.
Did not understand the stage you are in.
Corporations change to the Risk management mode and best practice is to string it out.
Corporations don't care and it is out of the hands of the people you know and have relationships.
I understand and again, Good Luck.