Upper management gets 20% raise, I get less than inflation with a target on my back!

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Like I said they will abuse this. You should know this. Violate the contract and maybe pay out on some grievances, if they get filed.
I know UPS has no problem violating the contract but if they did so in this situation i don't really see the problem as long as the senior driver filed. The senior driver that wanted the OT would have the work taken off of him and get to go home earlier but still get paid for the hours worked of the junior driver that took the work as long as he files. Sounds like a win win to me.

Yaba Daba Do

With the stock bump Abney got 22%. The other top executives got less than him however still leaps and bounds over the 1.74% that we got!
Abney's total compensation in 2016 was $13.7 million so if he got a 22% bump that would be $16,714,000 total. I'm okay with taking him down to zero and giving to the hourly's but i don't see it solving much of anything. But still i'd be happy with an extra $66.85

I know UPS has no problem violating the contract but if they did so in this situation i don't really see the problem as long as the senior driver filed. The senior driver that wanted the OT would have the work taken off of him and get to go home earlier but still get paid for the hours worked of the junior driver that took the work as long as he files. Sounds like a win win to me.
A ground driver making 20% less than us is not a win.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
I'm saying we are right around inflation. If you think we should fight and go on strike for another .5% I at least understand where you are coming from but the way I read it not only from you but from many others on here is that you think the $4.15 is an insult and I don't see it that way. I'm curious as to how much you think we should get?
How much in $ more is totally dependent on total compensation!

If the senior driver is on the 9.5 list then he is saying he doesn't want to work more than 9.5 hours and they are accommodating him. I don't see the problem with sending a senior driver help that has already said he does not want the OT. If the senior driver was not on the 9.5 list and wanted the OT and the junior driver already had his 8 in and was on OT as well then the senior driver could file.
A driver on the 0.5 list with a 10 hour Wed might have be instructed to give rest of stops to a Jr. driver just so they can over-load him either Thurs or Friday. grievance was filed and Sr. driver lost

Yaba Daba Do

I agree completely. We don't know what the increases are to Health and Welfare and pension but they did say there were increases. We are getting 2.2% in hourly wages alone and I'd be willing to bet we get at least that extra .5 or .6% in Helath and Welfare and pension increases.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
How did you come up with 1.74% ?
I don’t know the actual break down of each year. So I quickly took my wage which is $36.16 and divided it by $4.15 and again by a 5 year contract. So my first raise will average out to be 1.74%

Yaba Daba Do

A driver on the 0.5 list with a 10 hour Wed might have be instructed to give rest of stops to a Jr. driver just so they can over-load him either Thurs or Friday. grievance was filed and Sr. driver lost
I fully support stronger 9.5 language and stiffer penalties for all violations of the contract. There needs to be incentive for them to not violate the contract.

Yaba Daba Do

I don’t know the actual break down of each year. So I quickly took my wage which is $36.16 and divided it by $4.15 and again by a 5 year contract. So my first raise will average out to be 1.74%
my wage is $36.29 and $4.15 is 11.4%. Divide that by 5 and it is a 2.3% increase each year in just hourly wages.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Orion, your heaviest day was 190 packages. I didn't have less than 300 once last week. Furthermore, more than three times last week I had over 200 stops and never once had less than 40 signatures or CIR's!

One of the FedEx trucks on my route has 2 people in it on a weekly basis. I am sure its used for training. When 1 see 2 in that truck I know for a fact later in the day they will "conveniently" be at one of my stops and I always see 1 guy pointing at my truck when I open the rear door or bulkhead door. I then hear an, "Oh my god," or, "damn!" I am sure the conversation then goes: 1. "see it could be worse, you could work for brown." or 2. "Aren't you glad its never that bad."
PS, u missed the part where I worked past midnight that next day to empty out my truck... add another 20 stops in half an hour, butt 25 miles speeding to knock it out since I'm the only one on the road that night/morning...

Ben, it's all about the routes' demographic. I previously worked for ground before and had that much package count as yours, with only about 70 miles and business pickups at the afternoon... didn't like it when I could be doing a home delivery route with less strain on the body, rarely any pickups, but covering 230 miles a day. That's why my hours are jacked up... I'm not going to speed much and risk losing my license for my subcontractor

This is for more pay because others don't like driving up someone's dirt driveway in the dark , not knowing if there's a vicious dog or a shotgun on the porch to greet u.

I don't mind it, they know it's FedEx when I double tap on my horn as I drive in...

Last edited:

Yaba Daba Do

Sorry. That's what I meant
With the hybrid drivers there would have to be clear limitations and penalties stiff enough that make it not worth it for the company to violate the contract. That is my biggest problem with every contract, the penalties are meant to be a slap on the wrist instead of a deterent. As long as the penalties were stiff enough and they couldn't replace regular driving jobs with these i would be okay with it as it would give employees more flexibility and more options on their way to becoming regular drivers if that's what they want. Like you said though the company abuses everything and makes it impossible to trust them.

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
my wage is $36.29 and $4.15 is 11.4%. Divide that by 5 and it is a 2.3% increase each year in just hourly wages.
Wish it kinda worked that way....The first year's raise is 2.3% but then the following years it gets progressively smaller. And that is just with the assumption the $4.15 is divided equally for each of the 5 years! Meanwhile, inflation keeps on keeping on.