UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

Pablo Escobar

In our center you’d think these newly promoted drivers were first round NBA picks when the get to FT. They come to work with a whole new swagger. Lol. It’s just a very well paying driving job.

In our center you’d think these newly promoted drivers were first round NBA picks when the get to FT. They come to work with a whole new swagger. Lol. It’s just a very well paying driving job.
6 years for your first post?
laDR0IsRi8gak.gif

@Turdferguson

I would argue that us vs them mentality is better than everyone for themselves and sucking up to management.
Do you have any examples? Nice that you can drink the union cool aid. And you think that you what others do.

You once had a driver in your local complaining that he had to pu/del heavy industrial packages to loading docks. Bob, the sec treasure at the time, used to Use him as an example during the strike. Kind of a, don’t be this guy with unrealistic expectations.

How about this, on Monday, you come and do my route and I’ll go and do your route. Let’s see who sucks up to management.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Unfortunately it's a different world. Maybe they need to bring the Blue laws back
kinda yeah but people’s shipping behavior just hasn’t changed enough to justify a serious sunday package op

hubs have a lot of expansion opportunity for sunday, and air is always a possibility i guess, but people like to ship and order when they want not when we want

kinda yeah but people’s shipping behavior just hasn’t changed enough to justify a serious sunday package op

hubs have a lot of expansion opportunity for sunday, and air is always a possibility i guess, but people like to ship and order when they want not when we want
It makes perfect sense to have a 7 day a week operation, if it's profitable.
The fixed costs on the buildings and the package cars ate the same no matter how many days we operate.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
It makes perfect sense to have a 7 day a week operation, if it's profitable.
The fixed costs on the buildings and the package cars ate the same no matter how many days we operate.
it’s not profitable is what i’m telling you

UPS obviously just wants the flexibility if shipper behavior ever shifts, but it’s not anytime soon

it’s not profitable is what i’m telling you

UPS obviously just wants the flexibility if shipper behavior ever shifts, but it’s not anytime soon
We need to be a leader instead of a follower
UPS has always been good with trying to keep a production number but always last when it comes to a new service.

You can't keep all of your money in the money market, sometimes you got to put it into the stock market

This place is unbelievable sometimes
They pay all of that money into benefits and ask people to take a dead day

Find a way to even out some of the volume and use what you are paying for.

Staydryitsraining

I n
I agree. Let's vote for less pay and more hours so that way our CEO can triple his pay to look more attractive to our shareholders and we can keep our jobs. Hell, maybe the contract after this one we can vote for a 401k.

Are you a disgruntled supervisor? This doesn't sound like a union employee filing grievances on the daily. Nobody is buying into your
I agree. Let's vote for less pay and more hours so that way our CEO can triple his pay to look more attractive to our shareholders and we can keep our jobs. Hell, maybe the contract after this one we can vote for a 401k.

Are you a disgruntled supervisor? This doesn't sound like a union employee filing grievances on the daily. Nobody is buying into your divide and conquer tactics.
I never said less pay once. I said we cant keep getting raises and expect to also get free healthcare. You seem to think we deserve 60 an hour and free healthcare. Were not curing cancer jackass. Go help that guy that needs help and tell your wife you worked really hard today. Id bet your that guy that whines about everything and how hard it is. No one makes you work here, you make 80k plus a year in a labor and mentally stressful job that only requires you show up everyday and do the job how they want. Want more time at home? Quit. Sick of a bricked out package car? Slow down.

Non sequitur

Get rid of Thursday night football while your at it. I love these social engineer's on here who think they can calculate someone else's value. How did Obama care work out. I thought so. If it's wrong to say how much a doctor should get paid then it's wrong to say how much a driver should get paid. Each has it's own sacrifices.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Well...we could do many things to change that. Divert some Surepost on select days, drop the guaranteed transit times on some packages
We have a lot of resources that ate sitting on the sidelines because of some stupid metric number
doing those things would be cutting into services that customers want to give them service they don’t want

dude trust me whatever UPS may screw up in implementing things, this research has been beaten to death by genuinely smart people and it’s a no-go

doing those things would be cutting into services that customers want to give them service they don’t want

dude trust me whatever UPS may screw up in implementing things, this research has been beaten to death by genuinely smart people and it’s a no-go
You ate completely wrong. They always let's someone else try things out first, then when they see it has potential they jump in.

FedEx would have never got off of the ground if we staryst that service first.

We need new people with fresh ideas.

You ate completely wrong. They always let's someone else try things out first, then when they see it has potential they jump in.

FedEx would have never got off of the ground if we staryst that service first.

We need new people with fresh ideas.
What about RPS?