Ups beard petition

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For everything gained during negotiations, something is lost. I would rather see them focusing on other issues rather then facial hair.

Besides, with management running around with reams of reports worrying about the countless metrics that do nothing to service the customers, I have found that I can shave Mondays and Wednesdays and not even get a second look. Well, until they figure a way to get facial hair length on a report.
Exactly when I shave. Monday's and Wednesday. Sometimes I forget on Mondays and that'll turn a head or two.

Cementups

Box Monkey
only 20%? where did you get that number?

you're pictures prove nothing... just because they don't have beards in the pictures doesn't mean they don't or haven't had beards.

if you don't like the rules changing many be you should leave because they change the rules every day kid.

1. NPR (god I can't believe I'm quoting NPR) Sorry, it's almost two years old but that much hasn't changed in those two years:

1. Tattoos have become more common over the past couple of decades. A Harris poll in 2012 found that 1 out of every 5 adults — 21 percent — has at least one tattoo. An earlier Pew Research Center study found that the number was closer to 40 percent among those ages 18 to 29.----Feb 21, 2014
2. your second statement is moot.

3. The rules can change, but I will remain clean shaven. And I'm far from a kid. I'm a 22 year employee.

Also, you should spell/grammar check before you post.

salt

1. NPR (god I can't believe I'm quoting NPR) Sorry, it's almost two years old but that much hasn't changed in those two years:

1. Tattoos have become more common over the past couple of decades. A Harris poll in 2012 found that 1 out of every 5 adults — 21 percent — has at least one tattoo. An earlier Pew Research Center study found that the number was closer to 40 percent among those ages 18 to 29.----Feb 21, 2014
2. your second statement is moot.

3. The rules can change, but I will remain clean shaven. And I'm far from a kid. I'm a 22 year employee.

Also, you should spell/grammar check before you post.

1.no mention of piercings. way to side step half of the "problem"

2.if my second point is moot then how is your posting pictures relevant, you don't have a leg to stand on.

3. that's nice for you, i am so glad that you think that what you want for you're self is what every one else should have...

why do you care if "OTHER" people want to have facial hair past their lip?
you just shoot it down, think of someone other than you're self.

also you attacking my spelling and grammar is moot because you can't format you're own damn list right...

542thruNthru

1.no mention of piercings. way to side step half of the "problem"

2.if my second point is moot then how is your posting pictures relevant, you don't have a leg to stand on.

3. that's nice for you, i am so glad that you think that what you want for you're self is what every one else should have...

why do you care if "OTHER" people want to have facial hair past their lip?
you just shoot it down, think of someone other than you're self.

also you attacking my spelling and grammar is moot because you can't format you're own damn list right...

Yes it doesn't matter what he thinks, it's what the company says. No one went on strike for health care you really think it's going to happen over beards?

Instead of worrying about growing a beard. Try being a man and stop whining about it. You took the job! How hard is that to understand. Most companies you'd be laughed at for even thinking you could change the guidlines. I swear some people get so big headed because we have a contract and can negotiate certain things.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Sorry, I disagree with the petition. You want to have a beard then go work somewhere else. You knew the rules when you started here.

These are the same people that move from the city to the suburbs because they don't like the laws and rules in the city.

Once they move, they try and change the laws and rules in the suburbs.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
View attachment 67294 Tooner, its been a while, for sure. Laid up for a while, so I thought I would check in.

Some people cant look good regardless of what they do to their face. Others, well it makes them look better.

On a side note, have never heard, but a religious exemption might be even better than your doctors note, just sayin.......
There are several religions where facial hair is "recommended" for the adult married males. I am not positive, but fairly
sure, there are portions of our world wide delivery system where men (and women) are allowed facial hair.
Good to see ya again Danny!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
This new everyone gets a trophy and catered to by mom in her mini van generation needs to toughen up !!
Christ , every one under say 40 thinks their :censored2: should be kissed and their needs should be accommodated !!!
These are the rules ,, no beards , safe black or brown polished shoes, a belt and neatly trimmed hair !!!!
Is that so hard to do for 34 $ an hour !! If not stay on the preload or Twi !!!
Christ I'm so sick if this entitled generation of puss eys we are producing !!!

kingOFchester

As an insider I can tell you there is nothing more annoying than a retiree who still thinks he is relevant.

Ah, Yes. Now I remember why I stopped visiting BC frequently. The elementary school yard mentality coming from labor intensive truck drivers rears its ugly head pretty often here. Unfortunately, its probably only a few posters, but they are the frequent posters that fill the boards with petty crap.

But dad, he called me a mean name first.

Last edited:

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
Beards? Sure....., why not?

But let's don't stop there: no limit on the number of visible tattoos, also no subject matter restrictions on the tats

and hair long enough that you can rock the biker pony-tail ( with 17 evenly spaced rubber bands )

Let's get all this approved before we push for piercings!

Mr.Golden

Beard petition? No.

Why? This doesn't benefit every employee at UPS. It's more of a personal issue.

Me personally I have a dr. excuse so I can use that option or not. My beard is trimmed low and outlined very neatly.

Mr.Golden

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454078155.940515.jpg

The norm clean shave.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454078187.241235.jpg

If @Brownslave688 had a beard he would look like this.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454078280.190607.jpg

Smokers can use the pipe instead of cigs.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454078350.176301.jpg

Even the boy scout guys can grow a light beard.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454078439.923607.jpg

Beard and ear piercings.
ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1454078493.323855.jpg

Beard and ear piercings gone wrong(the sups not gonna say anything!).

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
View attachment 67373
The norm clean shave.
View attachment 67374
If @Brownslave688 had a beard he would look like this.
View attachment 67375
Smokers can use the pipe instead of cigs.
View attachment 67376
Even the boy scout guys can grow a light beard.
View attachment 67377
Beard and ear piercings.
View attachment 67378
Beard and ear piercings gone wrong(the sups not gonna say anything!).
The beard is sweet. The haircut and unbuttoned shirt... Not so much.

newfie

only 20%? where did you get that number?

you're pictures prove nothing... just because they don't have beards in the pictures doesn't mean they don't or haven't had beards.

if you don't like the rules changing many be you should leave because they change the rules every day kid.
upload_2016-1-29_9-51-9.png

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
This new everyone gets a trophy and catered to by mom in her mini van generation needs to toughen up !!
Christ , every one under say 40 thinks their :censored2: should be kissed and their needs should be accommodated !!!
These are the rules ,, no beards , safe black or brown polished shoes, a belt and neatly trimmed hair !!!!
Is that so hard to do for 34 $ an hour !! If not stay on the preload or Twi !!!
Christ I'm so sick if this entitled generation of puss eys we are producing !!!
i was talking to my dad a little while ago about this. he grew up during the depression when people were literally killing each other for a job. he just shakes his head when talking about young people these days. "learn from history or you will be doomed to repeat it."

he has little faith in a bright future for this country. he said "do you know what happened to the Roman Empire?'