UPS Contract to be re-negotiated?

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
naw just understand that tos was just making a point about being united as a whole and was using them as an example. if you see how they have been acting on their posts during this brief period its almost like they're on the other side of the fence. the funny thing would be if all the other supplements get things improved and those locals dont get any improvements but try to vote down the next time. what would happen? get it?

quamba 638

Am I missing something, Was the TA voted down ??

How many supplements were voted down?
When I read Hall/Hoffa were going to have to re-negotiate with all of those supplemental committees. I thought of you.
I thought of all of us getting "screwed into the next decade."

I'm scared Heff... now what? I need another prediction!

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
When I read Hall/Hoffa were going to have to re-negotiate with all of those supplemental committees. I thought of you.

Only 17 Supplements were voted down. Even the Central went down in flames!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It amazes me that if you don't agree with me, you just don't agree with me.

You don't agree with TOS , you're a back stabbin' picket line crossin' scab !!!!

As eloquent as you are at times, you , MY BROTHER, are a disgrace

The disgrace is guys like YOU who go against your teamster brothers, who point out to you that they are being hurt by the contract, and you tuck tail and run away from the fight.

That, my friend is a disgrace.

To me, you are truly a scab.

Peace

TOS

Bagels

Family Leave Fridays!!!
The master is done. It's just not signed. They prob won't address that. If people are just NO voting out of spite, they may be forced into a supplement.

That will never happen. For one thing, within many supplements, the language was changed in addressing health care to something like "the company agrees to provide health insurance" to "Local 666 will follow the health care procedure outline within the master contract." Too ambiguous for the Teamsters to prove a NO vote is out of spite. And I can almost guarantee TDU is dolling over an opportunity to summon an army of lawyers to sue to IBT. Probably cheaper & more timely to just address necessary changes, even if it involves health care.

ZJ NOMAD

TOS reminds me of the school yard bully. When he wins (like his side won in the presidential election) he loves to rub it in and in and in. When he loses everyone else is a picket crossing no good blankety blank. The only thing I disagree with you on Hef on this post is that TOS is really not that eloquent. The latter portion of your statement though is dead on.

It's easy Heffernan, and beentheredonethat, just walk away from the bully, go hide under someone in managements hands, tell them that there is a bully outside trying to tell you to strike for a fair and decent TA, management will gladly help keep you inside the hub working and all, telling you guys it's OK that you guys settled for a mediocre TA. Meanwhile the rest of us bullies at the picket lines will stand strong for a better TA.

ZJ NOMAD

That TOS is funny. I love a good strike. Obviously doesn't know that I was arrested in 97 because of a picket line crosser. Does he really think the stewards will cross? If you can't recognize us, 407, Heff and myself will be the hooligans in the front. Im sure TOS will be there too, taking notes.

maybe that was back in 97', but I believe the only reason you want to be at the front of the picket line now is to be close to management, be all chummy chummy, maybe you guys can get a head start on all the perks, you guys want for this new contract - at the expense of throwing the rest of us under the bus. You do know what under the bus means , right?

ZJ NOMAD

WOW

I just don't know how everything I've said would make ANYONE think I'd cross a picket line !!!

I didn't do it in 97 when I had nothing, why would I do it now with everything !!!! :rolleyes2:

Are you going to be the one shouting at the picket line, we want a better TA!, we want a better TA!, we want a better TA!

ZJ NOMAD

Don't be scared QUAMBA, there is a Mc'donald's right down the street that will take you in, and make sure they provide you with low wages, no health benefits, and no pension.

BrownBrokeDown

I was firmly against this TA for multiple reasons, but I have to say that I don't agree with holding it hostage by voting out the supplements, if that is what is happening. I have heard the southwest and louisville are actively unhappy with their supplements, thats fine. Go after them. But if there is a group using their supplement to stop the national contract, it's just not right. There is a reason why contracts go up to a vote, and if the majority votes for it...well the majority has spoken. However, I do think that Hoffa, Hall, and company did get a bit of a suprise with how close the TA is, the freight TA not passing, and how many supplements/riders have fallen.

ogrelord

Ground Down
Am I thinking on this wrong? Here in the worthless south we accepted both national and Supp. We're screwed, and i'm cool with that, it's what we voted for. My question is, If they don't fixes these supplementals and strike over it, Would the south be striking for nothing other then support.?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Are you going to be the one shouting at the picket line, we want a better TA!, we want a better TA!, we want a better TA!

When the minority becomes the majority THEN YES !
Last time I checked, the TA was near approval and so was my New England supplement
You can't ask for a better TA if it passed, but you can change language in your supplement

I'm happy with my contracts and I'm not gonna squabble over a few extra nickels
In your supplement agreement, I don't have a horse in that race so it doesn't concern me

The day my BA tells me that we will have to strike, I WILL
AND NOT A MINUTE BEFORE

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Also, it looks like there is 5 Locals that haven't had their votes posted yet. Any idea how many teamster are in Locals 63, 135 ,186, 481, and 959?

There aren't enough outstanding uncounted votes to turn down the TA. However, 17 supplements being shot down is unprecedented and I think the IBT is scrambling a little bit to figure out what to do. If the supplements are deadlocked, Hoffa and Hall can essentially take them over to push progress.. but that's a little bit harder to do 17 times over.

They've been releasing the raw numbers without any sort of commentary or press release and the numbers have been awful clear since last night.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Am I thinking on this wrong? Here in the worthless south we accepted both national and Supp. We're screwed, and i'm cool with that, it's what we voted for. My question is, If they don't fixes these supplementals and strike over it, Would the south be striking for nothing other then support.?

​It is in the realm of possibility

quamba 638

Don't be scared QUAMBA, there is a Mc'donald's right down the street that will take you in, and make sure they provide you with low wages, no health benefits, and no pension.

Idiot!!

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
naw just understand that tos was just making a point about being united as a whole and was using them as an example. if you see how they have been acting on their posts during this brief period its almost like they're on the other side of the fence. the funny thing would be if all the other supplements get things improved and those locals dont get any improvements but try to vote down the next time. what would happen? get it?

Voting yes or no in a democratic process does not make anyone sleeping with the enemy.
We are all TEAMSTERS regardless of how you voted.

Honestly all the NO voters have turned the contract debate into a you're with us or against us debate
That's so pathetic that it actually turned off people

Did Hoffa/Hall underestimate how many would vote no ? ABSOLUTELY
Did the Master Contract being closer to 50-50 than 2-1 send a message ? ABSOLUTELY
Am I going to change my point of view because of it ? NOPE
Does that make me less of a Teamster ? NOT A CHANCE

PS) I think it should be noted that the Browncafe community is truly a microcosm of UPS employees around the country. Being in New England ( yes country), I would never see the passion of NO voters unless I was a citizen here, for that I thank Cheryl.

I still don't no why I get moderated for calling someone a :censored2:, but that's something I can live with. :consoling:

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Voting yes or no in a democratic process does not make anyone sleeping with the enemy.
We are all TEAMSTERS regardless of how you voted.

Honestly all the NO voters have turned the contract debate into a you're with us or against us debate
That's so pathetic that it actually turned off people

Did Hoffa/Hall underestimate how many would vote no ? ABSOLUTELY
Did the Master Contract being closer to 50-50 than 2-1 send a message ? ABSOLUTELY
Am I going to change my point of view because of it ? NOPE
Does that make me less of a Teamster ? NOT A CHANCE

PS) I think it should be noted that the Browncafe community is truly a microcosm of UPS employees around the country. Being in New England ( yes country), I would never see the passion of NO voters unless I was a citizen here, for that I thank Cheryl.

I still don't no why I get moderated for calling someone a :censored2:, but that's something I can live with. :consoling:

I generally disagree with a lot of the things you post, but you're spot on here. I voted "NO" because this contract is not in my best interests. You voted "YES" because you'll continue to receive what you've been getting as a FT package car driver. It's nothing personal; that's how it works.

I've disagreed with a lot of Teamsters on here and in my building, but they're still my brothers. At the end of the day, we still have to come together when this is all over and accusing someone of being a scab for voting "YES" just doesn't help accomplish that.