UPS Contract to be re-negotiated?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
So I know there's no way this would every happen but with a finally vote tally that will likely be around 4,000. Should there be a revote anyway even without the supplemental mess?

I mean from stories around the countries there were thousands of employees who never got the chance to vote or were given incorrect information. Are there enough of these people out there that they could of turned this to a no? If so the right thing would be to do this whole thing over again.

I soon expect dues to go up to 3x wages for added expenses. Aka have to send out thousands of ballots over and over again before they get it right.

oldupsman

The master is done. It's just not signed. They prob won't address that. If people are just NO voting out of spite, they may be forced into a supplement.

Your local. They will be asked what changes to the "supplement" will satisfy an agreement. If that answer has to do with the master, then that holding ratification hostage.

So your supplementally holding the Master Agreement hostage?

For goodness sake Stink, don't you get it. Nobody's scared of the IBT. Nobody is scared of Hoffa. Nobody is scared of Hall. This isn't
the discontent of some small minority. You have almost half the members telling you to go pound sand. I've lost count, what is it, 15 to 17
supplements turned down? Hoffa's gonna shake his almighty wand and tell us this is it and shut up? Again you have underestimated the true anger
of all of those with UPS health care.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
That TOS is funny. I love a good strike. Obviously doesn't know that I was arrested in 97 because of a picket line crosser. Does he really think the stewards will cross? If you can't recognize us, 407, Heff and myself will be the hooligans in the front. Im sure TOS will be there too, taking notes.

Excellent notes ... maybe I could take pictures to supplement his minutes (aka - autobiography).

stink219

For goodness sake Stink, don't you get it. Nobody's scared of the IBT. Nobody is scared of Hoffa. Nobody is scared of Hall. This isn't
the discontent of some small minority. You have almost half the members telling you to go pound sand. I've lost count, what is it, 15 to 17
supplements turned down? Hoffa's gonna shake his almighty wand and tell us this is it and shut up? Again you have underestimated the true anger
of all of those with UPS health care.
Nope, your right. You know best.

UPS Preloader

That TOS is funny. I love a good strike. Obviously doesn't know that I was arrested in 97 because of a picket line crosser. Does he really think the stewards will cross? If you can't recognize us, 407, Heff and myself will be the hooligans in the front. Im sure TOS will be there too, taking notes.

We're you the one in RI? LOL

* 10 strikers were arrested outside UPS facilities in Boston and Chicago for allegedly trying to block trucks from leaving. * Seven picketers were charged with disorderly conduct -- one in Rhode Island and the others in Massachusetts -- for blocking trucks as they rolled out of distribution centers.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
The company only has to let the strike happen, and 50% of the members will cross the lines and go to work. How are "WE" going to convince the 407's and Stinks and Heffermans to walk the picket line when they were all for the contract?

The 407's, Stinks and Heffermans of the world will cross the picket lines all day long as they are not about to stand up for the rest of us who voted down this contract. This was the strategy of the company from the jump. Divide and conquer.

Without 100% Unity, and people like 407, Stink and Hefferman, we stand NO CHANCE of forcing a better deal with the company. The Teamsters got outplayed and are either just STUPID or incapable of understanding the long term effects of a bad negotiation.

Look at this issue from a perspective outside the box and tell me if I am not correct.

Thanks,

TOS

WOW

I just don't know how everything I've said would make ANYONE think I'd cross a picket line !!!

I didn't do it in 97 when I had nothing, why would I do it now with everything !!!! :rolleyes2:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
It amazes me that if you don't agree with me, you just don't agree with me.

You don't agree with TOS , you're a back stabbin' picket line crossin' scab !!!!

As eloquent as you are at times, you , MY BROTHER, are a disgrace

Last edited:

beentheredonethat

It amazes me that if you don't agree with me, you just don't agree with me.

You don't agree with TOS , you're a back stabbin' picket line crossin' scab !!!!

As eloquent as you are at times, you , MY BROTHER, are a ****

TOS reminds me of the school yard bully. When he wins (like his side won in the presidential election) he loves to rub it in and in and in. When he loses everyone else is a picket crossing no good blankety blank. The only thing I disagree with you on Hef on this post is that TOS is really not that eloquent. The latter portion of your statement though is dead on.

brown_trousers

So your supplementally holding the Master Agreement hostage?

Sounds reasonable. Its the same type of corporate tactics that im sure UPS has used in their business dealings with others, why not give them a dose of their own medicine.

With that being said.... I did vote yes, but I will support the majority decision of my fellow teamsters in the west coast supplement and try and secure some improvements through our supplement

brown_trousers

I think the big question here is: What issues can be addressed in just the supplements without changing the NMA? Can wages and benefits be increased above the NMA in a supplement?

I doubt they will want to renegotiate the NMA as it has already passed, seems like they will only address the supplements that failed by sweetening those supplements a bit.

quamba 638

Well, according to Hefferman:

I am gonna laugh my head off, if the part timers think that pissing off Hoffa and Hall is going to make the contract better ! You are insane !!!

In the unlikely chance the TA gets voted down, Hall will walk up those steps toward the negotiating table, shake hands with all of UPS's contract guys and they will both screw you into the next decade !!!

You will find out quickly that Part Time help is an unemployment line away !!!! :raspberry:

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Originally Posted by Stink219 So your supplementally holding the Master Agreement hostage?
I do not think it was as
Machiavellian as that . The vote was the way the numbers fell. The TDU can try and take credit for it but it is all bull sh-t and it is bad for you. It will be extremely interesting to see how this plays out. I think the IBT is slow to post anything they should get their act together and make some kind of statement.For the record I voted yes but have my lawn chair ready.
PS also for the record God bless all those who exercised their right to vote yes or no....... I am extremely disgusted with my local peers who could not even mark two X's or post a prepaid envelope.WTF

ZJ NOMAD

Re: Current Results - (Renegotiations???)

Question for you. If the contract is not ratified, and their is uncertainty.. Don't you think shippers will divert? If they do, what do you think that does to your prospects of going full time?

Well, I will tell you this - if this company let's customers divert to other shippers simply because UPS does not want to give us a better, well deserved TA. Then I would think that UPS simply does not care about getting bigger, or losing business, it would make me think that maybe UPS just wants to fade off , get smaller then eventually sell off the remaining hubs to FED-EX, Right?

On the other hand if the company get's us a decent TA, not a POS TA like the current one, then all that voted no - will then vote yes, and we can continue business as usual, with no interruption in business.

It's not like we are asking for a million dollars per worker, just a decent contract, that will give us hope for a better future.

It is possibly to ratify a better contract I know UPS has changed the way they do business, and I know UPS is saving a lot of money, they are converting to hybrids, EV's, I remember we use to get T-shirts every week, food every week- now we don't even get that. Well you get the picture, UPS is making money, we can get a better/decent TA ratified.

quamba 638

Well, according to Hefferman:

I am gonna laugh my head off, if the part timers think that pissing off Hoffa and Hall is going to make the contract better ! You are insane !!!

In the unlikely chance the TA gets voted down, Hall will walk up those steps toward the negotiating table, shake hands with all of UPS's contract guys and they will both screw you into the next decade !!!

You will find out quickly that Part Time help is an unemployment line away !!!! :raspberry:

Now, I wonder. Will his head actually fall off?

A

anonymous6

WOW

I just don't know how everything I've said would make ANYONE think I'd cross a picket line !!!

I didn't do it in 97 when I had nothing, why would I do it now with everything !!!! :rolleyes2:

he hit you and 2 others with a total low blow. totally uncalled for.