UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
And would we be ok with this?

For the most part We are only talking about those members under the Central and Southern who have vested time under the UPS Pension plan. Those areas where the part timers are monetarily contributing to the full timers would still be intact and growing, like the Western.

These kids do not care about a pension, they do not want to make a career at UPS, these part time positions were set up as gap jobs while going to school or between jobs. If you offer a portable 401k at the beginning most of them will jump on it, defined pension plans are dying now, most of the Companies are getting rid of them.

The Union would not care as long as they leave the full timers pension alone and be able to collect those monetary contributions in both the pension and the health and welfare plans. The ultimate goal now is to create long term (full time) positions to fund those plans, the days of the long term part time union members are gone now.

For the most part We are only talking about those members under the Central and Southern who have vested time under the UPS Pension plan. Those areas where the part timers are monetarily contributing to the full timers would still be intact and growing, like the Western.

These kids do not care about a pension, they do not want to make a career at UPS, these part time positions were set up as gap jobs while going to school or between jobs. If you offer a portable 401k at the beginning most of them will jump on it, defined pension plans are dying now, most of the Companies are getting rid of them.

The Union would not care as long as they leave the full timers pension alone and be able to collect those monetary contributions in both the pension and the health and welfare plans. The ultimate goal now is to create long term (full time) positions to fund those plans, the days of the long term part time union members are gone now.
Create more FT positions at discount wages. Like 22.3 and 22.4 jobs.

542thruNthru

And what will the PTers get that will be losing this pension contributions? I highly doubt UPS will go to a 401k match.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Yes.

Post-age 65: Once a participant or spouse qualifies for Medicare, their Western Region and 177 Plan retiree health benefits continue, but Medicare becomes the primary insurer.
So cut off. Other plan is the secondary. Still, top notch since you don't need a expensive part b,c.

542thruNthru

So cut off. Other plan is the secondary. Still, top notch since you don't need a expensive part b,c.
tenor-20.gif

It turns into supplemental insurance covering the things that Medicare doesn't.

So no not cut off.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Nobody says preloaders should get paid the same as drivers. But it is an embarrassment when a union job pays less than other, easier part-time jobs.

Next contract drivers should be making $55/hr and preloaders $25. Bleed Carol dry!
I don't think you're far off. Starting wage should be in the 18/19 range, with a bigger raise after year one if you stick it out and show you're worth something. Scale should start at 25, and end around 52 to 55
1FB7B94C-AF34-4DD2-A6C1-2A101DCFBBD6.png

22 an hour and they still have herds of new hires quitting.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
You’d get a raise you can buy your own insurance

if he’s 70 he would be on Medicare
Try again

If you are still active you stay on your Company's Health and Welfare coverages (Medicare becomes your secondary) when you retire after age 65 you are dropped and then start Medicare as a primary. Under Team Care you have no supplemental coverage once you turn 65 as a retiree. A ton of people are going to stay way past retirement age just because of their Health and Welfare packages being superior to the Medicare program, especially if you, your wife or children have medical issues.

I just saw one part timer stay past 70 1/2 and be able to collect their wages, SS and pension benefits. I am currently collecting SS and active and 3 years away before I (have) to collect my pension benefits if I work past 70 1/2.

triple dipping...:thumbsup:

Last edited: