UPS driver apologizes after woman takes picture of truck blocking handicapped spot

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member

Integrity

Binge Poster
Block them all the time
I always make sure there is an empty one
Only there for moments anyway

Handicapped people should just stay home.

Yeah, that two minute wait just about killed her poor dear mother.

Wake up guys.

Not surprising UPS said its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

Follow all the methods all the time or stay on the hook for UPS.

It’s your call.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Wake up guys.

Not surprising UPS said its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

Follow all the methods all the time or stay on the hook for UPS.

It’s your call.
Safer to block the spot or if occupied block the car in.

I’ve seen old people back into a ups truck parked 50 feet away. I’ve sat behind old people driving for literally 2 minutes while they tried to decide to pull out or not with not a single car passing on the road in those 2 minutes. Only to have them back into me with my horn whaling when a car appeared far in the distance.

Get @rod off the roads

Integrity

Binge Poster
Safer to block the spot or if occupied block the car in.

I’ve seen old people back into a ups truck parked 50 feet away. I’ve sat behind old people driving for literally 2 minutes while they tried to decide to pull out or not with not a single car passing on the road in those 2 minutes. Only to have them back into me with my horn whaling when a car appeared far in the distance.

Get @rod off the roads
I love my grandparents dearly and I have a great respect for the elderly.

upschuck

UPS said its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park.

Are you saying that UPS drivers are not trained to follow all traffic, laws including where they park?

Who told you this?
So, we are supposed to back into a parking spot? Lot of places don't have loading zones.

Integrity

Binge Poster
So, we are supposed to back into a parking spot? Lot of places don't have loading zones.
That would be a question you would want to direct at you immediate supervisor.

Here is suggested wording, use it if you want:

UPS said in the press that its drivers are trained to follow all traffic laws, including where they park. So, are we supposed to back into a parking spot?