UPS Drivers Make How Much?!?

Zowert

My wife is a nurse and she shared this gem with me the other day:

UPS Drivers make HOW much???? | allnurses

It appears there are some nurses unhappy with the fact UPS drivers can make 70K a year. Some of them feel entitled to make more money than us simply by virtue. The sentiment on that thread seems to be all, “We save lives, therefore we should make more than those uneducated folks in brown!” Yes they do save lives, with latex gloves we likely delivered, among other things.

A side note; my wife makes much more than I do as a union nurse. Then again I’m a first year driver at the bottom of the pay scale.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Guy in sales can make a lot more than that. If you can sell, you earn. FedEx drives make a lot less than us because they are fools and don't want a union. Everything is relative.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
“UPS just happens to be an incredibly well-run company, with state-of-the-art training tools, strong incentives and internal promotion, competitive hiring, and good compensation. I think that many hospital systems could learn a lot from them!”

i want to laugh at this bit but then i think what if everyone else is actually worse than us

it’s scary when you really think about how incompetent most companies and govt probably is in relation to UPS

542thruNthru

It appears there are some nurses unhappy with the fact UPS drivers can make 70K a year. Some of them feel entitled to make more money than us simply by virtue. The sentiment on that thread seems to be all, “We save lives, therefore we should make more than those uneducated folks in brown!” Yes they do save lives, with latex gloves we likely delivered, among other things.

A side note; my wife makes much more than I do as a union nurse. Then again I’m a first year driver at the bottom of the pay scale.

Someone beat you to it 2 years ago.

https://www.browncafe.com/community...p-degrades-ups-drivers-and-our-salary.368207/

Zowert

“a guy i went to high school with is ups driver. i have not spoken with him in about 5 years, but he told me that ups drivers are "self contracted". they are only payed for delivery, so if there is a slow season, slow wages.. i believe he may have told me you have to buy or rent the truck for yourself too...

being a self contractor can sound nice, but all of the bs that comes along with it is not so great.”

I think this person is confused.

542thruNthru

“a guy i went to high school with is ups driver. i have not spoken with him in about 5 years, but he told me that ups drivers are "self contracted". they are only payed for delivery, so if there is a slow season, slow wages.. i believe he may have told me you have to buy or rent the truck for yourself too...

being a self contractor can sound nice, but all of the bs that comes along with it is not so great.”

It's funny if you read through the thread they even say Doctors are lazy and don't do anything.

It's just people bitching because they don't make what they think they should.

Zowert

It's funny if you read through the thread they even say Doctors are lazy and don't do anything.

It's just people bitching because they don't make what they think they should.

I thought that was funny. Some of them seem to think their value surpasses that of physicians. I also laughed at the guy who said nurses just take your blood pressure and give you the meds the doctor ordered. Which is true but I think they do more than that.

Towards the end of the thread someone mentioned they had never seen an overweight UPS package car driver. While they have seen plenty of heavy nurses. Burn!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Don't know how many times I've rolled up to a stop and hear "the fedex guy is here" or "the mailman is here". All that money spent on marketing and people still can't tell the difference.

john chesney

“UPS just happens to be an incredibly well-run company, with state-of-the-art training tools, strong incentives and internal promotion, competitive hiring, and good compensation. I think that many hospital systems could learn a lot from them!”

i want to laugh at this bit but then i think what if everyone else is actually worse than us

it’s scary when you really think about how incompetent most companies and govt probably is in relation to UPS
If a hospital was run like my center everyone would be dead.

BrownThunder

giphy.gif

Non sequitur

Trying to be polite here but
tell your wife to (fill in the blank). There are plenty of better positions in the medical field with better pay. I'm sure she is aware of this.