UPS getting beat up on Miami TV

Johney

They've only known for a week

Long enough to fill up.
The problem with that theory is yea we filled up on Sunday but having to go to work all week depletes your fuel supply. Now you have to wait in lines to get your gas tank filled so we have gas to move around after the storm hits. If you have not been through what I and everyone else here is going through don't be so judgemental.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
The problem with that theory is yea we filled up on Sunday but having to go to work all week depletes your fuel supply. Now you have to wait in lines to get your gas tank filled so we have gas to move around after the storm hits. If you have not been through what I and everyone else here is going through don't be so judgemental.
Sorry. I was basically talking about the people who ordered supplies off Amazon yesterday and are angry that they're not getting deliveries today.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
And I have. Thankfully, only once.

Johney

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
screedbot.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Once huh? May I ask which storm?
Lol. I don't remember the name. I mean the prestorm prep. Fortunately it was much ado about nothing. It was in 2000. It petered out to a tropical storm by the time it arrived, thank goodness.

I'm sure you've seen the worst, like Andrew.

Johney

So what you're saying is that whining people who live in a hurricane prone state (who made no preparations beforehand for hurricanes and waited til the last minute to order supplies) should take precedence over the lives of the UPS and FedEx delivery employees and their families?
People whine it's the new generation that's what they do. The problem lies with supplies is nobody keeps 2 extra tanks of propane lying around for their grill or 20 gallons of gas for their generator(gas goes bad you know). Although people who don't have shutters are complete idiots! I'm older so I have my stuff I know better it's these young people who seem to have no clue and scramble at the last minute trying to find plywood to cover their windows.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
People whine it's the new generation that's what they do. The problem lies with supplies is nobody keeps 2 extra tanks of propane lying around for their grill or 20 gallons of gas for their generator(gas goes bad you know). Although people who don't have shutters are complete idiots! I'm older so I have my stuff I know better it's these young people who seem to have no clue and scramble at the last minute trying to find plywood to cover their windows.
I remember at the beginning of every hurricane season, they'd always warn people to stock up on supplies for hurricane season.

Johney

Lol. I don't remember the name. I mean the prestorm prep. Fortunately it was much ado about nothing. It was in 2000. It petered out to a tropical storm by the time it arrived, thank goodness.

I'm sure you've seen the worst, like Andrew.
I left for Andrew as the place I lived was not ready for it luckily it hit farther south.

Johney

I remember at the beginning of every hurricane season, they'd always warn people to stock up on supplies for hurricane season.
I hear it every June 1st and I keep supplies ready except keeping tons of water(it goes bad also). I assure you I'm not one of these bozo's who will be whining about not getting stuff, but it's just like Christmas Amazon says we'll get it to you and people get sucked right in.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I hear it every June 1st and I keep supplies ready except keeping tons of water(it goes bad also). I assure you I'm not one of these bozo's who will be whining about not getting stuff, but it's just like Christmas Amazon says we'll get it to you and people get sucked right in.
I've never had to keep water a long time. Won't it last through a hurricane season though?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
It's been a while since a storm hit. I think people forget.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Sarcasm is hard to read on the internet