UPS getting beat up on Miami TV

MAKAVELI

Right, but maybe this guys boat isn't insured who knows.It is just better to ride it out with your bow into the waves in the intercoastal or even one of the side canals then to be anchored or roped up to a dock. They all get screwed up tied to the dock
I get that it's better than staying in the boat while tied to the dock. I'm just saying you got to friend** crazy to be on the water during a cat 5 storm that's 400 miles in diameter.

Richard Cranium

Watching NBC 6, people are complaining. There are no package drivers working today in the Miami market.
The 800 customer service telephone operators are instructing customers to pick up their packages at the UPS Center. However, when they arrive, they are finding that the entire facility is locked up. No employees on site!
People have ordered emergency supplies and medication and now cannot get them.
Fed Ex was also mentioned, and they are doing the same thing as UPS. Closed.
Check your local gas station for an access point delivery.

GenericUsername

Welp, I don't see why the people in Miami Dade/Broward are bitching...the storm is coming directly at me. Supplies are all stocked up, only forgot bug spray and a certain battery for my other radio, so not too shabby of prep. House faces south, so the east/west have no windows...This should get interesting very quickly.

What you guys are saying about gas lines and stuff is kind of funny. It's not just down at the bottom of Florida. The whole state starts to panic and starts hitting the gas stations. The problem becomes that when people try to go north, there is very little gas left to keep continuing. People start piling into the hotels and stuff 3+ hours north of where the storm is going to hit, so you're left to keep driving, then run out of fuel if there's nothing left. It's better to get settled down, prep your house, help your neighbors, and ride out the storm in most cases. If you leave days in advance, you're fine, but since Florida is a right to work state, they literally have every single right to fire you. Sure, it's a d* move, but the businesses will do it... Look into the crap the major of Naples is saying.

As for the news stuff, over here on this side, UPS closed down and Fedex/USPS stayed going all day. I actually ran into one of the drivers at a Publix picking up last minute stuff.