UPS is starving drivers and mass are quitting!

Thebrownblob

If I remember correctly. They had to agree upon a set amount of rpcd drivers. So maybe they have one or two more they agreed upon but they was not going to demote them backwards.
And if the company wanted any more 22.4 drivers for every position they created they would have to create three more rpcd drivers
At the end of the last contract, we sat down with the company and had a count of every RPCD that agreed-upon number could never be reduced.

DOK

That's funny because 40 years ago we had a 90 day progression to top rate.
I’m in my 35th year
That's funny because 40 years ago we had a 90 day progression to top rate.
i would have to check on that, there was anywhere from 5-9 year waiting time to get a full time route and full time classification, during that time you were just covering vacations and sick days. Work one day, off the next. It’s just the way it was. I believe the progression was 2 years at that time, talking late 80’s early 90’s.

If I remember correctly. They had to agree upon a set amount of rpcd drivers. So maybe they have one or two more they agreed upon but they was not going to demote them backwards.
And if the company wanted any more 22.4 drivers for every position they created they would have to create three more rpcd drivers
However many RPCD positions were in your center at the time of ratification is how many minimum RPCD jobs they have to keep.

kforte36

There have been 15 22.4 positions created in the last 3.5 years and not one has become an RPCD despite retirements.

Thebrownblob

We have had several move into a 300 series job. What they call RPCD in my building. Have never heard the term RPCD except on BC.
Have you looked at the contract?
1680447386057.png

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Think it’s supplement based where it’s agreed with each center how many rpcd will be in each building. Subject to change each contract. Can also change if need be