JackDR

Just a couple inquiries:
1) Our uniforms are extremely outdated & not made for the current task at hand. Anybody know of anticipated release of new driver uniforms?
2) Personal dress & appearance policy is a joke. Policies need to change with the times. I can maintain a clean professional appearance with a well groomed beard or 5:00 shadow. Plus the “polishable leather” shoes is ridiculous. You want me to deliver 350 packages to 180-200 stops in 90+ degree heat?? Better be okay with me wearing my all black breathable running shoes.
3) DIADs need to die. The UPS technology/OS is so outdated, & DIADs are overly bulky. Any insight on new handheld devices? Better yet, tablets with an in-truck dock for live GPS routing to every stop throughout the day? No more worries about going “blind”!

KOG72

I’m full of it
Just a couple inquiries:
1) Our uniforms are extremely outdated & not made for the current task at hand. Anybody know of anticipated release of new driver uniforms?
2) Personal dress & appearance policy is a joke. Policies need to change with the times. I can maintain a clean professional appearance with a well groomed beard or 5:00 shadow. Plus the “polishable leather” shoes is ridiculous. You want me to deliver 350 packages to 180-200 stops in 90+ degree heat?? Better be okay with me wearing my all black breathable running shoes.
3) DIADs need to die. The UPS technology/OS is so outdated, & DIADs are overly bulky. Any insight on new handheld devices? Better yet, tablets with an in-truck dock for live GPS routing to every stop throughout the day? No more worries about going “blind”!
I have heard in a couple of years or sooner the Diads will talk to you

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Just a couple inquiries:

Damn, Jack! You really are new.

JackDR

Damn, Jack! You really are new.

Been driving for UPS for 4 years. I worked for Waste Management for 5 years prior to being hired off the street at big brown. I know the technology exists to improve UPS package delivery operations, I was shocked how far behind they were when I started, and even more shocked I still haven’t heard of any “coming soon” stories

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Just a couple inquiries:

UPS would let your state's latest parolees deliver packages in their Free Meek Mill t-shirts if it would save them a quarter.
UPS doesn't care if we're uncomfortable in the Chinese-made, bamboo fabric, my pants and shirt are a different color uniform.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Just a couple inquiries:

Oh boy

Here we go another beard, uniform and shoe shine thread

Lemme guess you’re a millennial

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Been driving for UPS for 4 years. I worked for Waste Management for 5 years prior to being hired off the street at big brown. I know the technology exists to improve UPS package delivery operations, I was shocked how far behind they were when I started, and even more shocked I still haven’t heard of any “coming soon” stories

Check out Orion it’s cutting edge

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Just a couple inquiries:
You’re a cute young thing and all, but you might seriously want to change your picture.

JackDR

Check out Orion it’s cutting edge
I hope that was sarcasm. Orion is a joke. It only works as well as your dispatcher. If I wanted to milk every hour and drive more miles, I could run Orion and never see my family. I’ve done route optimization and Orion is flawed.

SolidWoodPanel

Probably the Greatest American Alive
Hey everyone, welcome Lennie Burkhardt from Fayetteville, NC!

badpal

Talked to one of the tech folks just the other day, his big prediction was in 5 years, pkgs wouldn't have address labels. The system still has a few kinks to work out.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I hope that was sarcasm. Orion is a joke. It only works as well as your dispatcher. If I wanted to milk every hour and drive more miles, I could run Orion and never see my family. I’ve done route optimization and Orion is flawed

Don’t say that to loud the folks that lmplimented think it’s the :censored2:

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Chasing after garbage cans isn't quite the same as peddling cardboard.

Different ends of the product stream.

JackDR

Oh boy

Here we go another beard, uniform and shoe shine thread

Lemme guess you’re a millennial

I may be a millennial by age/birthyear but I bet could outwork you any day of the week. I’ve delivered beer for AB, picked up trash/recycling/yard waste for WM, and deliver packages now for good ol’ UPS. I also serve in the military. UPS is so stuck in doings things “the way they’ve always been done” which is a giant handicap. I’m not bitching about pay or benefits, simply things that SHOULD change, but never will if the questions not asked.