UPS: masks required again, based on CDC map

PT Car Washer

Im up to 19.5 as of Sunday I’m just talking about in general. There’s quite the market for cards because no one wants this crap. Or few people
I will be up to $38.03 on Sunday working PT. I could make more being retired and living off of my pensions and Social Security and IRAs but how much fun would that be. Everyday is a train wreck in my building.

iowa boy

I will be up to $38.03 on Sunday working PT. I could make more being retired and living off of my pensions and Social Security and IRAs but how much fun would that be. Everyday is a train wreck in my building.
Trust me, yours isn't the only building. Our management team can't seem to make a decision on how to get out of a wet paper bag under water, let alone how to run a business.

PT Car Washer

Trust me, yours isn't the only building. Our management team can't seem to make a decision on how to get out of a wet paper bag under water, let alone how to run a business.
Like in my building, management is not allowed to make a decision. Just work as directed by their higher. Which is why the truly talented sups and managers go somewhere else. Leaving the bottom feeders.

Faceplanted

Federal mandate for all government employees and contractors. UPS is a Federal contractor.
As much as they want to tell you, it’s bs. Religious exemptions as well as medical exemptions still exist.

my wife works in the OR, most of her colleagues are not getting the vax. The docs told her if you claim a Polyethylene glycol allergy they cannot force.

as I said, religious beliefs also is a valid excuse. They can fire you, you need to be willing to fight it via the courts if it comes to that

my wife contracts for a handful of hospitals/surgery centers, she was at the local VA today and told me lots of workers are vocal about not getting the vax. I looked it up and our VA is 60% or so vaxed. Most of these people had to bandage troops while bullets were flying over their heads, they are not concerned about a cold virus and do not trust the government after their experiences.

Bluefootedoobie

Damage Inc.
“You win Dumbest Comment of the Day, Wally.”

Congratulations, you won dumbest post of the year “The Driver,” you should go shoot yourself*with another vaccine every 6 months because your weak and need it more than strong Americans because you’re a little WORM. You drive? I doubt you got the balls.

Cowboy Mac

I don’t think you understand Abbot’s order, UPS can force masks on their property, employees and customers.
Dern, I forgot Abbot’s order only protects from government overreach, not corporate overreach. Thanks for the correction.

Cowboy Mac

I think UPS is missing the safety aspect here. We are in the hottest part of summer right now. I’ve loaded trailers before in mid July in the 100 degree heat, you feel like you’re baking in a metal oven.

I can’t imagine being told to do this with a mask on and breathing in your own CO2. Let’s be honest, our “inside” employees are basically outside because of the conditions they are in.

What is the thinking behind forcing them to wear a mask? We were all wearing masks last year and yet Covid still made its way through our center. So we know Atlanta is putting our people at serious increased risk of heat illness for a mask that doesn’t even work.

El Correcto

god is dead
I think UPS is missing the safety aspect here. We are in the hottest part of summer right now. I’ve loaded trailers before in mid July in the 100 degree heat, you feel like you’re baking in a metal oven.

I can’t imagine being told to do this with a mask on and breathing in your own CO2. Let’s be honest, our “inside” employees are basically outside because of the conditions they are in.

What is the thinking behind forcing them to wear a mask? We were all wearing masks last year and yet Covid still made its way through our center. So we know Atlanta is putting our people at serious increased risk of heat illness for a mask that doesn’t even work.
They don’t usually force mask compliance on the part timers where I’m at for this reason. That and they don’t want any walk outs on preload, people just straight up quit a lot, even threaten to throw down with supervisors who break their balls. The part timers that is.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
They don’t usually force mask compliance on the part timers where I’m at for this reason. That and they don’t want any walk outs on preload, people just straight up quit a lot, even threaten to throw down with supervisors who break their balls. The part timers that is.

If this mask business becomes mandatory in our building I expect 100 % compliance. Last year I played the game of wearing one on my shift, only to see these young part timers walking around without one and ignoring social distancing. There was no real threat of non compliance, if forced most of them would simply quit or throw a hissy fit about being a victim of bias.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
If this mask business becomes mandatory in our building I expect 100 % compliance. Last year I played the game of wearing one on my shift, only to see these young part timers walking around without one and ignoring social distancing. There was no real threat of non compliance, if forced most of them would simply quit or throw a hissy fit about being a victim of bias.
With ups labor problems I don't see 100% compliance happening.UPS isn't doing there part either.No soap in the bathroom at times, I couldn't find masks in the building during peak of the pandemic, filthy break areas etc.