Ups my choice

tarbar66

:happy2:
My last route, I had 36 pick-ups starting at 3:12 and ending at 6pm, my least favorite was NY Air Brake. Some of those packages weighed more than me!!!

If you are like a lot of the women drivers that I worked with I'm betting you have help at many of your pickups. I would cover a girl's trip and I would back into a heavy pickup, when I opened the rear door and the shippers would see me they would say, " ***** isn't here today" and they would go back to the desk or packing area. I would have to load the pickups myself. Even the competitors would say she gets help but guys don't!

If you are like a lot of the women drivers that I worked with I'm betting you have help at many of your pickups. I would cover a girl's trip and I would back into a heavy pickup, when I opened the rear door and the shippers would see me they would say, " ***** isn't here today" and they would go back to the desk or packing area. I would have to load the pickups myself. Even the competitors would say she gets help but guys don't!

Show more cleavage.

menotyou

bella amicizia

I wish I had help. The shift at the air brake ends at 5pm. No OT allowed at that time. They are teamsters, also, who management watches them very closely. They have one person who works swing shift. Once in a blue moon, he would come out with the forklift and help. That was very rare. Other than that, no. No help anywhere at the businesses in Murrock Circle, either. One of which, makes the snowplow blades for the DOT. Those blades are as sharp as a knife and weigh up to 140lbs. (I weighed 15-20 lbs less at the time)
Shall I go on? A concrete form maker for Fort Drum-no help. I think some guys like watching a little woman wrestling with an impossible package. Don't always assume that women drivers get help.

over9five

Staff member
Interacting is what you call it? I have a different word for it. I call it hit and run.

Peace.

It didn't have to be that way, TOS.

You insulted me in your very first reply. In your next reply, you made up something I never said. Then you start insulting me in other threads.

You run for the insults and make up stuff all the time. I suppose that's where you have to go when you know you're wrong.

Re-read my posts. Read s l o w l y. Think.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It didn't have to be that way, TOS.

You insulted me in your very first reply. In your next reply, you made up something I never said. Then you start insulting me in other threads.

You run for the insults and make up stuff all the time. I suppose that's where you have to go when you know you're wrong.

Re-read my posts. Read s l o w l y. Think.

9five,

one of the problems with your posts is that you try to get a jab in first, then cry when you get slugged. Its that way with most people who punch first and ask questions later. I posted an indepth post about the service, and you havent addressed a single thing other to say its messed up.

Thats the point. Its messed up. Nobody is thinking this one out before it gets placed into motion.

I dont need to re read your posts. They all sound the same.

I asked you to think, and think about all the intangibles that affect our days, and the best you came up with is "i dont care about intangibles".

Its what we as drivers face everyday. Someone in a board room sits around coming out with services that dont really help the system, and in fact hinder our reputation and all you can say is "I dont care".

I spoke of the limited "window of opportunity" for each driver during the day and how this service will impact the business day negatively. Sure, in some rural area or farmland, this may not be a problem, but in a major corridor like Los Angeles, it will be deterimental.

I hope you would understand our concerns.

peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
9five,

one of the problems with your posts is that you try to get a jab in first, then cry when you get slugged. Its that way with most people who punch first and ask questions later. I posted an indepth post about the service, and you havent addressed a single thing other to say its messed up.

Thats the point. Its messed up. Nobody is thinking this one out before it gets placed into motion.

I dont need to re read your posts. They all sound the same.

I asked you to think, and think about all the intangibles that affect our days, and the best you came up with is "i dont care about intangibles".

Its what we as drivers face everyday. Someone in a board room sits around coming out with services that dont really help the system, and in fact hinder our reputation and all you can say is "I dont care".

I spoke of the limited "window of opportunity" for each driver during the day and how this service will impact the business day negatively. Sure, in some rural area or farmland, this may not be a problem, but in a major corridor like Los Angeles, it will be deterimental.

I hope you would understand our concerns.

peace.

I,I,I,I, me, me, me, me ,me.................you are, you did, you can, you should, etc Peace:sad-little:

klein

Für Meno :)
I don't care, I certainly will pay the eextra $5 if I get anything delivered by UPS.
Have it delivered from 10am-noon.

$5 well spent, to screw up the whole daily route :)
And if it does not arrive in that time frame, I won't answer the door, just to make sure the shipper gets it's shipping costs replaced.
If more people think like me, you drivers won't need to put up with it very long :)

over9five

Staff member
I,I,I,I, me, me, me, me ,me.................you are, you did, you can, you should, etc Peace:sad-little:

Not only that, TOS continually responds with manifestos that never address anything you said. I feel TOS should have addressed my first post with an answer instead of 15 paragraphs of "Blah, blah, blah" and 2 insults.

THEN, after not providing any answer whatsoever, TOS gets irate that I won't answer the manifesto.

C'mon TOS, I want to be friends. What do you say, brother? C'mon, can you feel the love?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Not only that, TOS continually responds with manifestos that never address anything you said. I feel TOS should have addressed my first post with an answer instead of 15 paragraphs of "Blah, blah, blah" and 2 insults.

THEN, after not providing any answer whatsoever, TOS gets irate that I won't answer the manifesto.

C'mon TOS, I want to be friends. What do you say, brother? C'mon, can you feel the love?
U mean, SISTAH !!!!

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll

You call it a manifesto, I call it thinking out loud. Sorry if my thought process exceeds your two line process, but thats what makes us different. We could have a conversation if you would only engage and stop looking like "STEVO" on the Charlie Sheen roast.

You seem to like to run into "fists" as well.

peace.
Peace

C

chuchu

I still think that we should wait to see how this thing shakes out before forming opinions.
I guess it would be easier if I still believed in the Easter Bunny, Peter Pan, and UPS management. If you will think back to pre-strike 1997, the corporate masterminds rolled out the program where let's say: You have a customer that doesn't get their paychecks on friday as promised-the driver had the authority to send them flowers and/or buy their lunch, all at UPS's expense as an appology. Remember that? Management even had the driver group watch the video during a PCM depicting how to correctly get this done. I think a quart only holds 32 ounces, the rest flows on to the ground. We have enough to do. Let's do something as a company really witty like maybe having the preloader scan all the packages into our trucks using an overhead scanner ((like they do at the air hubs) and link our DIAD GPS to the internet so the customers can just come find us with their smart phones. Maybe it will tell them when we are on break (or in the restroom) too so they don't bother us during that time. To really show the public we mean business it could list the preload dispatch sups cell number on the site too. Now that's progress!

I'm kind of looking forward to the first time they tell me I have to interrupt my pick ups for one of these time sensitive deliveries. My message to the center will be as follows: The following pick ups will be made after their closing time. I sure hope they are still there.

DS

Fenderbender
Wow TOS thinks over is a supe?
He is not,he delivers 5 boxes tops every day.
Over is just talking about following instructions.
In feeders life is all wine and roses.
In package with 140 stops,there are times when a sup in not immediately available to talk to.
When a problem arises I agree the politics make it a lose lose situation for the driver.
He/She could be so over dispatched that he will be forced to work 12 hours.
This was not over9"s idea.He is a minion like me and you.(recently urban)
Why are you being so negative?