Ups my choice

CharleyHustle

I read the release on UPSers.com about My Choice and nowhere does it say the receiver mandates the "window". Regardless, 4 hours is a huge window in a 10 hour day and 2 hours is still a good while. A bigger aspect of this service is the alerts you get a day before delivery. Most receivers, and I'm sure UPS hopes so, will opt to respond to the alert and have the pkg rerouted to work or a neighbor.

I do 120-150 stops a day with about 70-90 residential. If 5 of those stops reroute to work that we are already delivering to, well add it up, that is another car cut from the lineup.

klein

Für Meno :)
If someone wanted it delivered to work, why would they pay an extra $5, and not enter the work addy when they order the item and it's free ?

over9five

Staff member
You call it a manifesto, I call it thinking out loud. Sorry if my thought process exceeds your two line process, but thats what makes us different. We could have a conversation if you would only engage and stop looking like "STEVO" on the Charlie Sheen roast.

You seem to like to run into "fists" as well.

peace.
Peace

Lol! TOS, every day you come here and get pummeled in Current Events. I think if I looked up "glutton for punishment" on Wikipedia, I'd see your face posted right there!
But I do give you credit for coming back for more every day. And I'm thankful you're here, you're always good for a laugh!

Anytime you want to address my first post, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. (Keep them brief, as you know I'm a simple man)

In feeders life is all wine and roses.
In package with 140 stops,there are times when a sup in not immediately available to talk to.
QUOTE]

Put your name on the list and come see what cake it is. We have the same sups, just bigger boxes.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lol! TOS, every day you come here and get pummeled in Current Events. I think if I looked up "glutton for punishment" on Wikipedia, I'd see your face posted right there!
But I do give you credit for coming back for more every day. And I'm thankful you're here, you're always good for a laugh!

Anytime you want to address my first post, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts. (Keep them brief, as you know I'm a simple man)

Pumeled in current events? Id let the members decide on that one. YOU and the OTHERS in current events are merely trained parrots who eat crackers and watch fox news for your daily thoughts.

I welcome you to come to current events and take your best shot at it there.

Peace.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Pumeled in current events? Id let the members decide on that one. YOU and the OTHERS in current events are merely trained parrots who eat crackers and watch fox news for your daily thoughts.

Peace.
Best shot?? I thought your messiah said to stay away from the violent rhetoric....but you keep firing away.

over9five

Staff member

Peace.

Thank you for the invitation, you're very kind.

The truth is, I haven't picked up a newspaper or seen a newscast in 3 months. I wouldn't know a current event if I tripped over it. I do know enough not to post in Current Events.

I still can recognize BS however, which makes Current Events fun to read. I'm sure you'll agree with me that we have a couple of posters who are pretty much delusional in their opinions AND their beliefs that their posts are irrefutable.

Time for me to go to work, have a great day!

The truth is, I haven't picked up a newspaper or seen a newscast in 3 months. I wouldn't know a current event if I tripped over it. I do know enough not to post in Current Events.

You mean you didn`t send Kim Kardashian a wedding card?! What an insensitive jerk!

Time for me to go to work, have a great day!

If you had more feeder seniority you could get a better start time. :funny:

TUT

Looking this over, this is UPS's answer to Fedex HD. This is one time Fedex having multiple pickup/delivery drivers pays off some. I do see an issue where you have a package with a 2 hour window for delivery when you are a single driver delivering all packages for an area. Where in the Fedex HD world that is all they do, home delivery, much more nimble.

However regarding time definite deliveries I believe those are services not used often. The biggest reason's are cost, but even more so, most companies don't have shipping options setup for orders to accept these additional services where the buyer enters the time they want it delivered, they just don't exist often, like 1 in 1000 sites have these additional fields needed to collect proper data for shipping. It sounds much more sexy then it is used in practice. That said it's a way for UPS to have a check box now next to Fedex where it's been empty for a lot of years now.

The one thing that wasn't matched was the free Saturday delivery of Fedex HD.

C

chuchu

I read the release on UPSers.com about My Choice and nowhere does it say the receiver mandates the "window". Regardless, 4 hours is a huge window in a 10 hour day and 2 hours is still a good while. A bigger aspect of this service is the alerts you get a day before delivery. Most receivers, and I'm sure UPS hopes so, will opt to respond to the alert and have the pkg rerouted to work or a neighbor.

I do 120-150 stops a day with about 70-90 residential. If 5 of those stops reroute to work that we are already delivering to, well add it up, that is another car cut from the lineup.
The only source that is to mandate the completion of these deliveries is corporate and as the snowball rolls down hill: our local management "team" because they want the $. I remember when the company added 2nd Day AM. The employees picking up and stocking the drop boxes were instructed to take out ALL the regular 2nd Day ASDs and replace them with ONLY the new 2nd Day AM ASDs. Maybe the profitability of the new service had something to do with that edict(?). I have 90-110 BUSINESS DELIVERIES daily and 30 scheduled pickups plus 20-30 residentials after 1730. It will greatly affect my day if I'm mandated to make commitments on "just in time" pantyhoses and cell phones. A 4 and/or a 2 hr window is easy (huge) if 50-75% of your route is residentials. We don't have many of those types of routes in our building.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I disagree--I think those in urban areas are more likely to utilize this service while those in rural areas tend to be more patient or flexible.

I still think that we should wait to see how this thing shakes out before forming opinions. I don't know how many consignees who would be willing to pay $40 per year and $5 per delivery for this service.
I think you are probably right about the urban utilization. The advantage there is that many rtes in urban areas are condensed and it is much easier to plan a 'time frame' delivery. Where I was going with my statement about rural rtes is that all it will take is one person to request this service at the 'wrong' time and in the 'wrong' area and my day is shot to hell. I'm hoping, I haven't heard yet if this is going to be the case, that this service will be done along the lines of the committed air. Some areas have air commits and some don't. We'll just have to wait and see. :happy2:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I see the air drivers getting a lot more hours!
What air drivers? Our mgt team has all but done away with air drivers. To the point of having us bring in air at the end of the day. The only thing that prevents mgt from completely doing away with air drivers are the days when the rtes are so slammed that no driver can get the air in in time. :dissapointed:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
:happy2:

If you are like a lot of the women drivers that I worked with I'm betting you have help at many of your pickups. I would cover a girl's trip and I would back into a heavy pickup, when I opened the rear door and the shippers would see me they would say, " ***** isn't here today" and they would go back to the desk or packing area. I would have to load the pickups myself. Even the competitors would say she gets help but guys don't!
LMAO! Ve have our vays. :wink2:

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
A four hour window for delivery time, ok. There are gonna be alot of pissed of customers when johny fireball runner driver finds their package as a misload and just fires it in with pu pieces.
I dont know what world you live in at my ups the first drivers in are the most scrutinized and audited. When you get audits ,those visiting sups (CMs) doin the audit want to get out and make the other district look bad by finding anything they can