UPS or FedEx?

UPS or Fedex

• Total voters

TheWholePackage97

So I’m about to get a job at FedEx after working at USPS for 2 years as an RCA with little to no mail delivery, just amazon Sundays. With no bennies or anything like it, I’m debating coming to UPS once I save enough money to move out (I’m 21) I love delivering packages and just want to know what the best option is. Skip FedEx completely and go to UPS as a driver til peak season ends or wait it out for a few more years until I’ve saved enough money at FedEx to move out and then come to UPS? (UPS is my end goal. Just need to make ends meet now)

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
So I’m about to get a job at FedEx after working at USPS for 2 years as an RCA with little to no mail delivery, just amazon Sundays. With no bennies or anything like it, I’m debating coming to UPS once I save enough money to move out (I’m 21) I love delivering packages and just want to know what the best option is. Skip FedEx completely and go to UPS as a driver til peak season ends or wait it out for a few more years until I’ve saved enough money at FedEx to move out and then come to UPS? (UPS is my end goal. Just need to make ends meet now)
Those FedEx gals are beastly.

TheWholePackage97

I have a beard but I’m willing to shave it off if I need to. Facial hair means little compared to supporting a family one day
You need UPS , FedEx wage you wouldn’t be able to support too much..

The thing I’m worried about is that I have all this driving experience now and I’m ready for action now. I’m nervous I’ll have to wait a few years being a package handler before I attain seniority and they let me become a driver

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The thing I’m worried about is that I have all this driving experience now and I’m ready for action now. I’m nervous I’ll have to wait a few years being a package handler before I attain seniority and they let me become a driver
Depends on what area of the country you are in. The wait is less than a year here now. It took me 10 years to get full time

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
UPS. Better pay, benefits and pension in the long run. Much more hostile work environment though.

TheWholePackage97

Your only 21 buddy , ....put your time in like everyone else.

I have no problem doing that now but I just wasn’t sure how long I’d have to wait haha

TheWholePackage97

Your only 21 buddy , ....put your time in like everyone else.
UPS. Better pay, benefits and pension in the long run. Much more hostile work environment though.

Hostile as in coworkers/higher ups?

TheWholePackage97

Depends on what area of the country you are in. The wait is less than a year here now. It took me 10 years to get full time

I’m on the east coast. Delaware specifically

GenericUsername

It took me 3.5 years (can't count the peak before I was officially hired) to hit full time here where I'm at. If you come into work, bust ass and keep asking to help every night for the whole peak season (and do reasonably well), they just might keep you on as a driver. If you have a brain, are there to work and get it done... you may get to stay on as a preloader or whatever. Just need to find other means of an income as well so you can drive eventually.

old levi's

blank space
It took me 3.5 years (can't count the peak before I was officially hired) to hit full time here where I'm at. If you come into work, bust ass and keep asking to help every night for the whole peak season (and do reasonably well), they just might keep you on as a driver. If you have a brain, are there to work and get it done... you may get to stay on as a preloader or whatever. Just need to find other means of an income as well so you can drive eventually.

only 3.5 ?