UPS or FedEx?

UPS or Fedex

• Total voters

TheWholePackage97

When you mention FedEx are you talking about Express or Ground? They are basically two different companies operating under the same name.

You make better wages and benefits at UPS. But the work load is to the point you'll never see your family. It's good if your single and like to be outside. But stay away from UPS if family time is important.

I’d probably do Express. And yeah I’m single with no family (yet) but I’m also 21 and have plenty of time before I start one. I’m assuming you’re a FT driver. What time do you usually get done (not during peak season)

Gondola101

Interdasting
So I’m about to get a job at FedEx after working at USPS for 2 years as an RCA with little to no mail delivery, just amazon Sundays. With no bennies or anything like it, I’m debating coming to UPS once I save enough money to move out (I’m 21) I love delivering packages and just want to know what the best option is. Skip FedEx completely and go to UPS as a driver til peak season ends or wait it out for a few more years until I’ve saved enough money at FedEx to move out and then come to UPS? (UPS is my end goal. Just need to make ends meet now)

Beware, roving bands of UPS workers gone insane from management are on the loose. If you’re not wearing Brown they’ll come for you in the night...

IESucks

So I’m about to get a job at FedEx after working at USPS for 2 years as an RCA with little to no mail delivery, just amazon Sundays. With no bennies or anything like it, I’m debating coming to UPS once I save enough money to move out (I’m 21) I love delivering packages and just want to know what the best option is. Skip FedEx completely and go to UPS as a driver til peak season ends or wait it out for a few more years until I’ve saved enough money at FedEx to move out and then come to UPS? (UPS is my end goal. Just need to make ends meet now)
Don't work for a union company

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
The insurance alone, as a part timer, can’t be beat . I’m being literal, i know it takes a year but the insurance is excellent for a pt gig

TheWholePackage97

I applied to a full time package car driver position at a hub that’s about an hour away from where I live. I don’t know the area at all. I hopped on the ‘going postal’ train around peak season last year in a place I was not familiar with at all either, but their GPS helped a lot and I learned the routes within a few weeks. My question to you UPSers is.. is it doable?

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I applied to a full time package car driver position at a hub that’s about an hour away from where I live. I don’t know the area at all. I hopped on the ‘going postal’ train around peak season last year in a place I was not familiar with at all either, but their GPS helped a lot and I learned the routes within a few weeks. My question to you UPSers is.. is it doable?
I'm currently getting paid to poop.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Anything is possible
Wasn't that a line from the movie?

proxy-18.gif

El Correcto

god is dead
I would try moving closer, that hour commute is going to turn your 14 hour days into 16+.

TheWholePackage97

I would try moving closer, that hour commute is going to turn your 14 hour days into 16+.

Once I know I have the job, I would move closer!