UPS Pilot Strike! What will you do with the extra time off?

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
thats the adult thing to do...., instead of saying You were wrong, lets take a little shot at some body and mock their love of flying. Your a class act buddy!!!

You may have a "love of flying" pal, but you really don't know what you're talking about.
Stick to watching them fly overhead...

Faceplanted

You may have a "love of flying" pal, but you really don't know what you're talking about.
Stick to watching them fly overhead...
So I'm wrong as well as everybody else in this thread that has talked to ups pilots? They're all lying to us and only make 1 flight a day with 1hr of total downtime "non Flight" time? Is that what your saying capt?

Are you saying the ups 81hr guarenteed is also a lie? And pilots only do 30 like they said in the statements. Please educate me.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
So I'm wrong as well as everybody else in this thread that has talked to ups pilots? They're all lying to us and only make 1 flight a day with 1hr of total downtime "non Flight" time? Is that what your saying capt?

Are you saying the ups 81hr guarenteed is also a lie? And pilots only do 30 like they said in the statements. Please educate me.

I never said they flew 1 flight a day. I also did not say they had 1 hour of "non flight time". I assumed you would understand the math, but I guess not.
Look, go on as you like, I don't give a ****

Talking to someone does not qualify you as an expert and, frankly, based on your grammar and spelling, you should stick with re-taping boxes or whatever it is you do.

Faceplanted

I never said they flew 1 flight a day. I also did not say they had 1 hour of "non flight time". I assumed you would understand the math, but I guess not.

Talking to someone does not qualify you as an expert and, frankly, based on your grammar and spelling, you should stick with re-taping boxes or whatever it is you do.
You are good at spelling and grammar... That's your calling brother. Don't know what your doing on a forum full of idiot warehouse workers and truck drivers, you should be writing the next mien kamph. Chapter 1 can be grammar nazis. Maybe you can redesign my autocorrect for me as well inbetween chapters. Thanks!!!

Last edited:
I smell a fight brewing up in this beotch!!!
200w (47).gif

Returntosender

Wouldn't that be ironic if UPS went to Amazon and asked if they could help supplement their air cargo with UPS volume?
In the mid 2000s the Phoenix air hub had 1 daily flight . After UPS got the Amazon account within one year 1 flight turned into 7 daily flights. All of it Amazon volume. Doubt if they have extra space on the plane for UPS volume.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
In the mid 2000s the Phoenix air hub had 1 daily flight . After UPS got the Amazon account within one year 1 flight turned into 7 daily flights. All of it Amazon volume. Doubt if they have extra space on the plane for UPS volume.
Don't think people know how much Amazon goes through this company....

Dr.Brownz

You interpreted the release that way.

The hour before flight includes the pre flight. The airplane is supposed to be ( and usually is) loaded and ready to go before the flight is scheduled. Believe it or not, it's not like a Cessna, where you take off when you're ready.

BTW, it is "etc."
Do you work for ups corporate?

Driveslayer

In the 1997 strike we had pilots picketing along side us in front of our center. It's19 years laters and a different generation of drivers that are not as Union minded(at least not in my center). A strike probably won't happen, but it's enough concern to start saving extra money for a few a months in case it does.
There's nothing funnier than watching a manager deliver packages on a rural route with a couple teamsters following them.

10 point

I think he's a 2eRep.