UPS Pilot Strike! What will you do with the extra time off?

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
787 batteries Have already caught fire... Numerous cases.
2 cases. Ethiopian Airlines and Japan Airlines
I'm looking forward to an explority flight in the real near future, I would love to get my pilot license just to have, I Love everything about aviation, but it's damn expensive.
I highly recommend it. It's a blast just renting a plane and flying somewhere for fun. I like to take my fiancee out to lunch and fly back home. It's not cheap, but it is a blast.
And lol at ups still using md11. I got to hang out in the cock pit of one in the good old days on an over seas flight to Europe... What an experience
FedEx is still flying DC-10s. It doesn't really matter in our realm. Daily aircraft utilization is pretty low. And the MD-11 is a great freighter.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
It definitely takes a very long time to get to that point, but if you finished and got on with a small airline you could have eventually made it to this point. You obviously wouldn't be there for a few decades, but wow thatd be nice if you could. But let me tell you, driving a PC in the snow is scary, I cannot even fathom the butterflies in their bellies when they fly in certain weather. Airline pilots have some big balls in my opinion
I could have eventually made it to that point, and honestly the door isn't closed on it. But now I'm making money to where I can pay off loans in less than a decade rather than finishing up when my kids are going off to college.

Flying in snow isn't that scary, the landings can make you a little nervous, but as long as you have your anti ice on it isn't that bad. Same goes for fog. Just follow your instruments. The only thing that is nerve wracking is if thunderstorms are in the forecast. Those suckers are scary. I won't go within 30 miles of a Thunderstorm because they're so unpredictable.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
If you were a instructor on the side, you would be able to get your required hours?

The CIA looking for Drone pilots?
Sure, most of the guys in my graduating class are instructors, and I hold CFI and CFII certificates. But that's still 18 bucks an hour, and you're only getting paid when the prop is spinning. 4 flights a day x1.5 hours only gets you 486 a week before taxes. Still PT Sup money. And the hours actually aren't all that different than FT ORS. Just less stressful at certain times (sometimes it feels like your student is trying to kill you).

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Some of the mgt here are so arrogant....
tumblr_inline_nxnyipTD2A1rnh8ob_500.gif

Foamer Pyle

The one day strike was fun over the weight increase from 70lb to 150. This company in my opinion is really treating its employees like crap. I guess they believe that because they pay us $34 an hour they can harass us, use intimidation, and force us to work ridiculous hours as often as needed. I am tired of being reminded how much I earn, as a means to justify how we are treated.

L

Little Brownie Girl

Sure, most of the guys in my graduating class are instructors, and I hold CFI and CFII certificates. But that's still 18 bucks an hour, and you're only getting paid when the prop is spinning. 4 flights a day x1.5 hours only gets you 486 a week before taxes. Still PT Sup money. And the hours actually aren't all that different than FT ORS. Just less stressful at certain times (sometimes it feels like your student is trying to kill you).
I only lost one CFI to a heart attack.....another quit and the 3rd one went to be a bush pilot in Alaska cause it was safer.......... besides spin training makes you appreciate being close to God at $35 an hour.....wet

Holydriver

With the drones, airlines don't take pilots with unmanned experience. They want actual seat time. Not computer flying.
Drone pilots are also basically all prior fighter pilots. And they're all in the air force as majors or Lt colonels. The goverent considers drone pilot above manned flight actually