UPS Pilot Strike! What will you do with the extra time off?

Foamer Pyle

The 20 plus year guys here have a bad case of stockholm syndrome. They are huge jerks to new hires. They are just now realizing they have no skills besides ups
That's funny, I have a business degree, and used to be a Meat Manager before I worked for UPS. I try and coach the new drivers, and give them as much help as I can. Maybe that is the sentiment at your building.

ManInBrown

This is my point entirely. I'm assuming you'd prefer to be treated better though, right? Sure you don't mind being looked at as a POS by your employer, but if you had the choice you'd choose a better working relationship....right?

Meh. it would be OK to be treated better I guess. I don't lose one second of sleep over it though. It's a 2 way street. I'm not nice to them either. I come in and do my job. I'm not your friend. Don't talk to me, unless you're summoning me to the office after PCM. If I saw one of my building sups broken down on the side of the road on my way home, I'd drive right past them

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
I would too then I would turn around to make sure they are ok...because I'd be thinking about Karma, like a sucker!
I saw my center manager walking down the freeway after his car broke down one night. I stopped to offer him a ride and at first he declined...Finally, he said ok. When we got into his neighborhood, he just wanted me to drop him off somewhere in his subdivision. He didn't want me to know where he lived because he feared retaliation from me for the way he treated the drivers. He got fired shortly after that. Karma.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Drone pilots are also basically all prior fighter pilots. And they're all in the air force as majors or Lt colonels. The goverent considers drone pilot above manned flight actually
Not quite. Most of the drone pilots are newer Air Force guys or contractors. Usually the Air Force does not train pilots into a new type unless their's is being retired.