UPS Rising just announced it PASSED by Default.

clipperman

The question is how many "eligible voters" are part timers who have no interest in the union, contract negotiations, or voting? The ones that are here for between 6 months and a couple years before moving on. I have no clue if that number is significant enough to have an impact, but if it is, it does seem unreasonable that those folks could help pass through a contract that was voted down.
I can’t imagine that over 50% of our workforce is less than 6 month employees,but clearly there is over 50% that have no interest in the union,contract negotiations,or voting,that number most likely will increase after this

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
You had weeks to make sure you got one.
It actually took me weeks to get one. Several phone calls to the Hall and BA along with Stewey. Finally got it done at the deadline. But I’m a fourteen year driver, no way any PT is gonna chase down a ballot. Needs to be separate going forward.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think this is a good contract. I think the efforts of all those involved are probably the best we are going to get under the current circumstances of life as we know it.

We live in a corrupt, capitalist society.

The Teamsters and UPS are serious players, contributors and victims of the society in which we all live, the are organizations but there is really little difference between these organizations and people in general.

The Teamsters and UPS are just people organized trying to function in this corrupt capitalist society.

I am most concerned with is the lack of voting in the membership and in society in general. This is a serious problem.

Future

Victory Ride
It actually took me weeks to get one. Several phone calls to the Hall and BA along with Stewey. Finally got it done at the deadline. But I’m a fourteen year driver, no way any PT is gonna chase down a ballot. Needs to be separate going forward.
8DD29D61-A9AB-4528-927C-C0B28A925228.gif

Exactly my point, you used the weeks to ensure you got one.

cachmeifucan

Anyone who doesn't have 40 working days isn't in union but they are counted towards the percentage of workforce so we are being lied to. We need to file a class action lawsuit against the company who oversees the vote and teamsters. Revenge is all I can think about and how little work I will do for next 16 years

Integrity

Binge Poster
Anyone who doesn't have 40 working days isn't in union but they are counted towards the percentage of workforce so we are being lied to. We need to file a class action lawsuit against the company who oversees the vote and teamsters. Revenge is all I can think about and how little work I will do for next 16 years
Let me know how that response works for you.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Exactly my point, you used the weeks to ensure you got one.
Yes, but my point is, a part timer, that doesn’t plan on working here more than two years isn’t going to take the steps that I did. How many didn’t receive a ballot? And even then, it’s time to separate from the part time work force.

mikejonesjr

How many of the non votes have been with the company for less than 6 months? Why should they even be expected to vote they don't understand what's going on? "Sorry we're imposing this rejected contract because 5,000 part timers who've been with us for a month didn't vote." Bs. They better re negotiate

PT Car Washer

How many of the non votes have been with the company for less than 6 months? Why should they even be expected to vote they don't understand what's going on? "Sorry we're imposing this rejected contract because 5,000 part timers who've been with us for a month didn't vote." Bs. They better re negotiate
The members have spoken. No need to renegotiate anything. Sorry if you do not like what they have to say.

over9five

Staff member
The members have spoken. No need to renegotiate anything. Sorry if you do not like what they have to say.
The members have spoken, mainly by NOT speaking.
It's funny to me that UPS pushed so hard to get everyone to vote, and came up with LESS than 50%....WHICH worked out in their favor!