UPS sponsored Christmas "party?"

helenofcalifornia

We used to have a turkey barbeque at the end of the day before Christmas, then changed it to morning food for Christmas. This year after a year of working for our center manager, we got NOTHING. I don't expect a huge spread, but a thanks for the job this past year at least. Another center in the area had a huge breakfast spread and invited their families. That's the way to go. Am I going to go out of the way for someone who can't at least appreciate what we did for the center manager this past year? No.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
Don't expect anything from UPS anymore. This seems to be a trend to cutback any "frivolous spending". This rule does'nt apply to management though they're partying lilke its "1999"! er....2007!

jlphotog

Apparently out center had Pizza. It was brought in around noon on Friday. NOON! You know when all the full time drivers are out on the road. But I heard the office staff, sups and part timers enjoyed it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I never expect anything from the center manager, but when they do something it is well appreciated. OUr center manager cooked us breakfast on a grill. It was great stuff. Hats off to him.

browniehound

We used to have a turkey barbeque at the end of the day before Christmas, then changed it to morning food for Christmas. This year after a year of working for our center manager, we got NOTHING. I don't expect a huge spread, but a thanks for the job this past year at least. Another center in the area had a huge breakfast spread and invited their families. That's the way to go. Am I going to go out of the way for someone who can't at least appreciate what we did for the center manager this past year? No.

Up here in New England we got a breakfast which was greatly appreciated. But Helen, I would enjoy something that you're talking about. It would be nice to have a barbacue and have our families invited also. I would like to meet my fellow driver's spouses and kids and this would be a great opportunity to do so. I would also like to show my family where I work and intoduce them to the people I work with. I think I'm going to suggest this to the safety team tommorow(they seem to be the only ones that can get anything accomplished in my area). I'll keep everyone posted:thumbup1:

upsdude

Our center manager brought in ham biscuits every Monday during peak. More biscuits on Friday along with several dozen boxes from Krispy Kream. When we returned to the building Friday night Pizza Hut had dropped off 50 pizzas.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
We got McDonald's Sausage biscuits and orange juice Friday morning. When I got back that night, my Center Manager and all the Supes were still there, they are usually gone by five. He shook my hand and thanked me for the job I had done all Peak. I appreciated that. The idea about a big breakfast or something when we got back would have been a nice touch though. We haven't had an "Open House" event where we could bring family in since we opened my location about ten years ago.

MR_Vengeance

United Parcel Survivor

what area in ca do you work out of?

old levi's

blank space
The center where I work has not done anything for the drivers in years.
The last time was when the old school on road supes were still there. You know the type, the ones that could think,could make a decision,knew what was going on, and were respected by the drivers because they had actual driving experince. Oh well.

SmithBarney

Our center manager was shaking hands, thanking us for coming in all week
considering we lost 3-4 peak drivers early in the week.
On friday we had a huge spread of foods, when we came back in.
Would have been nice to have had breakfast on Saturday when we were forced
to work.