UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Just for kicks, here you go. He likes to cut and paste as well. Plenty more where that came from. He knew Emery and Purolator was never a threat to Fedex. He had first hand knowledge. Just ask tex.
The complete absence of intelligence in your aspersions is exceeded only by the paucity of your character.

He made no claim of firsthand knowledge. That is your twisting of his statement.

Bummer.

Oldfart

The complete absence of intelligence in your aspersions is exceeded only by the paucity of your character.

He made no claim of firsthand knowledge. That is your twisting of his statement.

Bummer.
Read the other post he made. Or have someone read it to you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Still dont work for the company yet you hang around the forums. Very strange. Well over a decade? You CLAIMED to have first hand knowledge of Emery and Purolator when that was discussed earlier. You were not even around during those 2 companies heyday if you only worked a decade.

Never claimed firsthand knowledge. Claimed a thorough knowledge of the situation. I said I worked well over a decade.

More proof you really dont know what you are talking about.

You're the guy imagining what I claimed.

59 Dano

No need to. He knows it, I know it, even tex knows it. Dano kept telling tex how much he knew about the old days when Fedex and Emery went head to head. Come to find out he wasn't even working here 35 years ago. Prove me wrong bucko.

"Prove me wrong" = "I can't prove what I claimed is true."

59 Dano

Just for kicks, here you go. He likes to cut and paste as well. Plenty more where that came from. He knew Emery and Purolator was never a threat to Fedex. He had first hand knowledge. Just ask tex.

Where did I claim firsthand knowledge? Other than that, thank you for quoting my NICE summary of the issue!

59 Dano

Read the other post he made. Or have someone read it to you.

How about you show us that post? Shouldn't be that hard to find.

Come to think of if, you're sounding a lot like MF. He had a bad habit of reacting like that when his claims outran the facts.

Oldfart

Never claimed firsthand knowledge. Claimed a thorough knowledge of the situation. I said I worked well over a decade.

You're the guy imagining what I claimed.
You told me and tex we didn't know the facts yet we both worked there during the years discussed. You worked Fedex 20 years after the fact and you claim thorough knowledge? Not hardly. You had no facts and no knowledge of the 70's and early 80's. Nice try though.

Bet you have thorough knowledge of the Little Rock years as well.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
You told me and tex we didn't know the facts yet we both worked there during the years discussed. You worked Fedex 20 years after the fact and you claim thorough knowledge? Not hardly. You had no facts and no knowledge of the 70's and early 80's. Nice try though.

You ruin every thread like it's your job.

DeliveryException

... You had no facts and no knowledge of the 70's and early 80's. Nice try though.

So there is no way to know anything unless you were in a particular place and time? I bet you gave your history teachers hell. I mean obviously the teachers weren't around when Rome fell so there is no way they could have known what happened.

floridays

Still dont work for the company yet you hang around the forums. Very strange. Well over a decade? You CLAIMED to have first hand knowledge of Emery and Purolator when that was discussed earlier. You were not even around during those 2 companies heyday if you only worked a decade. More proof you really dont know what you are talking about.
Is it possible he worked for one of the companies you named? I have no idea of his previous posts regarding them, but you seem to have info on UPS, can you connect dots if they present?

Oldfart

So there is no way to know anything unless you were in a particular place and time? I bet you gave your history teachers hell. I mean obviously the teachers weren't around when Rome fell so there is no way they could have known what happened.
If your history teacher was doing a class on Vietnam and a person who was in the war came to the class and gave a lesson. Would you believe the veteran that was there or would you believe a person that read the events in a book most likely written by someone who wasn't there.

Oldfart

Is it possible he worked for one of the companies you named? I have no idea of his previous posts regarding them, but you seem to have info on UPS, can you connect dots if they present?
I have no idea what is up at UPS. I am not like OP and spend my time there. I worked there over 40 years ago and don't care. I have 2 neighbors who are package car drivers and we rarely talk shop in the yard. I worked at a florist in high school and don't care what goes on there today. Some have to keep their nose in others business and worry what UPS is doing, I don't.

Like me and Tex were telling Dano. Things were a certain way when Emery and Purolator were around and Dano wants to argue about facts that he has no idea the truth. Dano HEARD certain things. Me and Tex were there.