UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
You CLAIMED to have first hand knowledge of Emery and Purolator when that was discussed earlier. You were not even around during those 2 companies heyday if you only worked a decade. More proof you really dont know what you are talking about.
Since you never backed up your accusation with proof, your credibility (if you had any) has vanished.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I have no idea what is up at UPS. I am not like OP and spend my time there. I worked there over 40 years ago and don't care. I have 2 neighbors who are package car drivers and we rarely talk shop in the yard. I worked at a florist in high school and don't care what goes on there today. Some have to keep their nose in others business and worry what UPS is doing, I don't.

Like me and Tex were telling Dano. Things were a certain way when Emery and Purolator were around and Dano wants to argue about facts that he has no idea the truth. Dano HEARD certain things. Me and Tex were there.
It’s funny that you think I’m the only one who posts on the UPS side.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
An opinion of a lowlife. No biggie.

Zach-Galifianakis-Cying.gif

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You told me and tex we didn't know the facts yet we both worked there during the years discussed. You worked Fedex 20 years after the fact and you claim thorough knowledge? Not hardly. You had no facts and no knowledge of the 70's and early 80's. Nice try though.

As though facts are the exclusive domain of entry level employees despite the fact that anyone can access them via a myriad of methods.

59 Dano

If your history teacher was doing a class on Vietnam and a person who was in the war came to the class and gave a lesson. Would you believe the veteran that was there or would you believe a person that read the events in a book most likely written by someone who wasn't there.

Depends on the lesson. If you're looking to find out something that the typical soldier would know, then a soldier sharing his experience would be a nice complement to the lesson. If the lesson is about what was going on in the Pentagon at that time, no.

Hard as it might be for you to believe, the mere fact that you were part of an organization at a particular period doesn't mean that you were any smarter then than you are now.

59 Dano

Like me and Tex were telling Dano. Things were a certain way when Emery and Purolator were around and Dano wants to argue about facts that he has no idea the truth. Dano HEARD certain things. Me and Tex were there.

You were there and your knowledge of it all is based, by your own admissions, on a poster in the station and what your manager told you. Deep stuff, maaaaaan.

Oldfart

Depends on the lesson. If you're looking to find out something that the typical soldier would know, then a soldier sharing his experience would be a nice complement to the lesson. If the lesson is about what was going on in the Pentagon at that time, no.

Hard as it might be for you to believe, the mere fact that you were part of an organization at a particular period doesn't mean that you were any smarter then than you are now.
You were part of an organization for over a decade and you have proven many times you are not very smart. Bummer

vantexan

You were there and your knowledge of it all is based, by your own admissions, on a poster in the station and what your manager told you. Deep stuff, maaaaaan.
Posters all over the Memphis Hub and what several mgrs told a bunch of us in my first few years. But I guess it was all a lie. We should've known someone like you who knows better would come along and invalidate our experiences. Thank you so much. No really, I mean it, if it weren't for you I'd of died thinking the molehill was a mountain. I'm humbled before your magnificence. Please take your lips off your boss's rump long enough to accept my acknowledgement of your obviously higher intellect. And thank you again for staying with FedEx long enough for me to collect my pension for surely it would've crashed and burned without you. Huzza! Huzza!

Oldfart

I think he was talking about the "not very smart" part. Bummer you missed it.
It's funny. I am just a dumb ole truck driver like most on here. Most claim to be smarter than me but I make more than many of those. If you are so much smarter than me, why do I make more money than you. Sounds like many on here have underachieved.