UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

F

Frankie's Friend

Strike will not happen. Unions in America have had much of the power removed by Government leaders. Your Presidents will sign an executive order on the side of the employer castrating any prolonged strike. Nothing to see here.
Some shoppers may have jumped ship by mid July anyway.
They better get this fixed.

F

Frankie's Friend

When I was a swing in AZ we had people out on injuries when I was going on vacation. Mgr offered to pay me my vacation plus time and a half for every hour worked if I didn't go on vacation. Will probably see similar offers if UPS strikes.
We put a stop to that garbage here.
They had to bid more full time package car jobs and several pt timers went (permanent) full time driving.
The company has to staff the operation and injuries/"disabilities" are a fact of life especially in this job.

vantexan

We put a stop to that garbage here.
They had to bid more full time package car jobs and several pt timers went (permanent) full time driving.
The company has to staff the operation and injuries/"disabilities" are a fact of life especially in this job.
I wasn't forced, given a choice. As I was making $14something at the time I jumped at the chance.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's something FedEx was/is clueless about. They would staff the operation so lean that a sick call or injury would throw everything into a tailspin.

McFeely

Huge Member
How many extra people should they keep around for no reason?

There obviously isn’t a precise answer to how much staffing each station should have that would work on a daily basis, but it’s gotten so bad at my station that every pm driver is working morning overflow and one manager has even told us to try not to use any sick days for the next little while.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
There's always something to do at the station or run address corrections/misloads, etc.
They always need someone to do the managers' paperwork while the manager runs their son/daughter to soccer/football/cheerleading practice, for example. (Real world example, not fantasy)

Last edited:

fatboy33

It must suck to have such a miserable life that following little old me around responding to my posts with stupid comments is the highlight. Bummer. And sad.
This O.friend guy has so much time, especially during work, to response to every post he thinks slights him, his company or his dear leader. Very interesting.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
This O.friend guy has so much time, especially during work, to response to every post he thinks slights him, his company or his dear leader. Very interesting.
For a full-timer, he sure is at the drag races a lot. But then again he IS the drag.