UPS STRIKE IN AUG?

MAKAVELI

Our tiny station runs 1000 P1 Priority Overnights 1030 a day... granted we have extra staff, if you doubled it, you bet FDX would have a service disruption during the strike... we'd get it done, although we might not have any trucks, most spares are in the shop
You might see all hands on deck, vacations postponed, aka Operational Needs.:happy2:

Oldfart

You might see all hands on deck, vacations postponed, aka Operational Needs.:happy2:
Highly doubtful they cancel vacations. Almost impossible to catch up with the rescheduled vacations later on. You can't cancel 10 people's vacations and then schedule 20 people off later on in the year. Our station runs so lean we have very few open dates after we schedule our days off. They might offer extra incentives to those that might want to sell vacations. Plus people have deposits or plane tickets bought and they aren't gonna lose that money either. They didn't cancel vacations during the last strike or when our pilots tried their power play. Don't see it happening now.

MAKAVELI

Highly doubtful they cancel vacations. Almost impossible to catch up with the rescheduled vacations later on. You can't cancel 10 people's vacations and then schedule 20 people off later on in the year. Our station runs so lean we have very few open dates after we schedule our days off. They might offer extra incentives to those that might want to sell vacations. Plus people have deposits or plane tickets bought and they aren't gonna lose that money either. They didn't cancel vacations during the last strike or when our pilots tried their power play. Don't see it happening now.
You really think FedEx would give a :censored2: about vacations?:faint:

Oldfart

You really think FedEx would give a :censored2: about vacations?:faint:
They most likely don't give a crap about yours but I bet mine doesn't get cancelled. Read my post. How are they gonna catch up later in the year Einstein? We let 10 off each week. You cancel 10 vacations for 3 weeks. How do you reschedule 30 weeks of vacations when we have very few open days as it is. I know vacations were not cancelled in the 2 previous job actions. They did cancel managers vacations but not hourly at my station. I can see a monetary incentive to sell vacations but not mass cancellations.

vantexan

They most likely don't give a crap about yours but I bet mine doesn't get cancelled. Read my post. How are they gonna catch up later in the year Einstein? We let 10 off each week. You cancel 10 vacations for 3 weeks. How do you reschedule 30 weeks of vacations when we have very few open days as it is. I know vacations were not cancelled in the 2 previous job actions. They did cancel managers vacations but not hourly at my station. I can see a monetary incentive to sell vacations but not mass cancellations.
When I was a swing in AZ we had people out on injuries when I was going on vacation. Mgr offered to pay me my vacation plus time and a half for every hour worked if I didn't go on vacation. Will probably see similar offers if UPS strikes.

floridays

Do not assume that UPS is incapable of developing and implement effective counter measures in the vent of a strike. The worst thing IBT members could do for themselves is to assume that they hold all the cards.
I think you are grabbing for straws now.

Oldfart

When I was a swing in AZ we had people out on injuries when I was going on vacation. Mgr offered to pay me my vacation plus time and a half for every hour worked if I didn't go on vacation. Will probably see similar offers if UPS strikes.

We do that all the time at our station. They pay your vacation time and let you work pretty much anytime you want if you are off. I dont usually take full weeks off but if I am off a few days and arent doing anything, I will usually work 1 day. Making close to $75 an hour is a good incentive to work 8.

I can see them buying vacation weeks at 1.25 or something like that but just letting you sell it and work is nothing new.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
As president you have to pick your spots, know when and where there's a fight worth getting involved in. Not defending Clinton but he knew that simply having the powers to intervene doesn't mean that you do intervene. Given Trump's propensity to pick a fight with anyone over the pettiest of issues. knowing better than to needlessly get yourself into a UPS/IBT scrum is something he hasn't shown me as being capable of.

Yet here they are, on the brink of said scrum, and he's said not a single word about it.

fatboy33

Strike will not happen. Unions in America have had much of the power removed by Government leaders. Your Presidents will sign an executive order on the side of the employer castrating any prolonged strike. Nothing to see here.