UPS-Teamster Contract Approved by Teamster Local Leaders

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Teamster White Leaders Vote Aug-9-18.jpg
White Leaders (and one token Black), of local unions that represent UPS and UPS Freight Teamsters met Thursday August 9, 2018 and approved the two separate tentative national agreements, paving the way for members to vote by electronic ballot starting next month.

Regarding the UPS tentative agreement, “Today’s vote was a very strong indication of the support nationwide from local union leaders and it sends the national agreement, regional supplements and riders to the members for a ratification vote,” said Denis T, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee. “This agreement provides all our UPS members with tremendous gains in wages, benefits and working conditions and excellent opportunities for part-time workers to gain full-time employment.”

The tentative five-year UPS contract addresses several major issues:

• Wage increase/increased start rates for part-timers.The tentative agreement provides annual wage increases for full-time and part-time workers and for the first time in many years contains increases in the part-time start rates, a key issue for hundreds of thousands of our members and future members.
  • Protects strong health care and pension benefits.UPS Teamsters will continue to receive their health insurance without paying premiums. UPS is required to make up the difference in the event Central States reduces benefits so that members who were covered by that Fund receive the full pension they earned.
  • Addresses harassment and excessive overtime.Stronger grievance enforcement for harassment with a sitting arbitrator and monetary penalties, and a new procedure making it easier to get on or off the overtime (9.5) list.
  • 5,000 new full-time jobs. The agreement requires UPS to create 5,000 new full-time jobs during the agreement, including a minimum of 2,000 sleeper team jobs by taking work off the railroad, and a new combination driver classification that addresses the changes brought on through the e-commerce revolution.

Last edited:

542thruNthru

White Leaders (and one token Black), of local unions that represent UPS and UPS Freight Teamsters met Thursday August 9, 2018 and approved the two separate tentative national agreements, paving the way for members to vote by electronic ballot starting next month.

Regarding the UPS tentative agreement, “Today’s vote was a very strong indication of the support nationwide from local union leaders and it sends the national agreement, regional supplements and riders to the members for a ratification vote,” said Denis T, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee. “This agreement provides all our UPS members with tremendous gains in wages, benefits and working conditions and excellent opportunities for part-time workers to gain full-time employment.”

• Wage increase/increased start rates for part-timers.The tentative agreement provides annual wage increases for full-time and part-time workers and for the first time in many years contains increases in the part-time start rates, a key issue for hundreds of thousands of our members and future members.
  • Protects strong health care and pension benefits.UPS Teamsters will continue to receive their health insurance without paying premiums. UPS is required to make up the difference in the event Central States reduces benefits so that members who were covered by that Fund receive the full pension they earned.
  • Addresses harassment and excessive overtime.Stronger grievance enforcement for harassment with a sitting arbitrator and monetary penalties, and a new procedure making it easier to get on or off the overtime (9.5) list.
  • 5,000 new full-time jobs. The agreement requires UPS to create 5,000 new full-time jobs during the agreement, including a minimum of 2,000 sleeper team jobs by taking work off the railroad, and a new combination driver classification that addresses the changes brought on through the e-commerce revolution.

@cheryl put a leash on your Sous chef. He's stirring the pot too much. ;)
tenor-12.gif

Same ol crap

Are you for real? Sounds like a short cut to thinking.

hyena

“Today’s vote was a very strong indication of the support nationwide from local union leaders and it sends the national agreement, regional supplements and riders to the members for a ratification vote,” said Denis T, Director of the Teamsters Package Division and Co-Chairman of the Teamsters National UPS Negotiating Committee.
Good thing it’s not up to our leaders and up to the members.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Good thing it’s not up to our leaders and up to the members.

I do not know if that is a good thing either, I talked yesterday to a young part timer who was asking why he did not get his raise on his last paycheck. These kids will vote for that 2 dollar per hours raise with no clue and it vexes me that his uninformed vote will cancel my 41 year seniority one that will affect my retirement.

The vast majority of the current members of UPS have no experience with a strike (21 years ago) or what would happen if there was one. The dumbing down of the workplace has been going on for the last 20 years, only a handful of people are willing to research the contract and debate the pros and cons of each agreement. I hate to say it but most of our fellow brothers and sisters are just too lazy or been too well trained on the path of least resistance to think that they can make a difference. Apathy 101: Keep the membership under control, the sheep are easily led if they do not use their brain. It requires some willpower to prevent not being discouraged with how this contract is going, I have my days also.

I will vote my consequence and be content with whatever the results turn out to be. My vote will not be out of fear or what I can get out of it at the cost of my fellow members no matter in what region or conference they may be working.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Is there anywhere to report locals that support a yes vote.

My local leadership is supporting a strong "NO" vote, Master, Supplement and Rider. It was no surprise considering only 38 members voted for Hoffa in the last election and over 1000 voted for Zuckerman. We are one of those Locals..:gunsmilie

badpal

My local leadership is supporting a strong "NO" vote, Master, Supplement and Rider. It was no surprise considering only 38 members voted for Hoffa in the last election and over 1000 voted for Zuckerman. We are one of those Locals..:gunsmilie
Whats Zuckermans opinion on this contract?

reginald95

You're leadership is doing you guys a great disservice.

anHOURover

Political posturing. God forbid each local have their own voice. Cowards.
I’m just hearing that your self proclaimed “best supplement in the country” has part time feeder drivers and your pension fund was so bad that you were removed from it to form a hybrid plan. What up job up there chowda head