Ups vs. FedEx ground "hd"

bacha29

I am the OP. I would love to get a job at UPS as a driver. I just can't afford to be a package handler. 3 kids and a mortgage with bills is expensive. So how could I get hired off the street? With those benefits and retirement along with union security sounds great!
The other posts are correct. You don't just walk in to UPS off the street and get hired at $30+ an hour with benefits. You start at the bottom as a package handler/ loader and work up the seniority ladder. Obviously you clearly are not alone when it comes to 3 kids and a mortgage. No disrespect but like so many others you decided to get the kids and the mortgage before first then figuring out you're going pay for it all. I've seen that mistake countless times. I wish you the best but it would appear that the income required to pay for all you've got yourself into requires either a unique and very much in demand craft or at least a master's degree in a high demand discipline. Slinging boxes or punching gears simply will not be anywhere close to enough.