Ups vs. FedEx ground "hd"

1Simplemann

You guys are hijacking the thread. The OP asked for the differences. Nobody actually broke them down for him. I figured he ought to know that we make 5-6 times what he does for doing the same job. He should get a seasonal job at UPS, get a foot in the door and make some real money. a buddy did the same thing. His one Fe G route was like 8 of ours so the transition was easy for him. Best decision of his life financially. Let see if the OP responds. No more arguing please.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
You guys are hijacking the thread. The OP asked for the differences. Nobody actually broke them down for him. I figured he ought to know that we make 5-6 times what he does for doing the same job. He should get a seasonal job at UPS, get a foot in the door and make some real money. a buddy did the same thing. His one Fe G route was like 8 of ours so the transition was easy for him. Best decision of his life financially. Let see if the OP responds. No more arguing please.
I think I love you.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Lol, i did get what upstate conveyed in his OP... newer, incoming UPS drivers will have a lower and longer progression to top rate than the previous & current drivers... they're not screwing u guys like what Fred S did to the legacy Express drivers

So back on topic, the only other similarities with UPS vs Fedex HD are going to have Tues to Sat work week.

but UPS drivers are still limited to 60 hours a week, while FX HD still has a cap of 70 hours, unless they're driving a van that's under 10k gvw... then we can work until midnight & forget the HOS rules? ?? Is that what this ground division trying to pull?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
That was good. May I borrow this? I'm sure I will need it later.
image.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
ron says that to everyone. It's like a term of affection or saying hello.

Calm down Nancy.

I was mocking Ron, not getting upset. Unlike Mr. Burgandy???, my testicles have descended and I can take an insult. Ron? He gets upset whenever anyone hurts his feelings. If I'd told him to blow it out his ass (which I would never, ever do), Ron would be whining to the mods.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
It is really not at all acceptable to tell someone to blow it out their ass.

'Expel it by way of your bum' is much more polite.

I am the OP. I would love to get a job at UPS as a driver. I just can't afford to be a package handler. 3 kids and a mortgage with bills is expensive. So how could I get hired off the street? With those benefits and retirement along with union security sounds great!

It will be fine

I am the OP. I would love to get a job at UPS as a driver. I just can't afford to be a package handler. 3 kids and a mortgage with bills is expensive. So how could I get hired off the street? With those benefits and retirement along with union security sounds great!
If you really like the job, you can always apply at ups. If they need drivers they'll hire off the street. I believe they have a waiting list as well so you can stay at Ground until they call you.