UPS Whistleblowers- Happy National Whistleblowers Appreciation Day!

Pullman Brown

Base upon what you present I think you can put together a good case for a formal complaint, however OSHA has been very responsive to me when I have exhausted all or at least most of the UPS and Teamsters internal processes first.

I would recommend you present your position and your desired outcome to your Employee Safety Committee Representative first.

Do this and let me know exactly what they say.

Umm you got the wrong poster. Read what I said again. The article was making hasting generalizations.

Nah
Let your Shop Steward know, let me know exactly what he says.
I don't work at UPS anymore.

I told him I wanted to file a grievance. He said I couldn't file a grievance "over soap." I said fine I'll go to OSHA. He changed his mind and talked to PE supervisor. Wasn't an issue after that.

Trucker Clock

I am open for anyone taking on anything they think is important.

But you’re barking up the wrong tree. Free water for package car drivers is not important because it is neither the law nor contractual.

But, feel free to take all the free water with you before you leave in the morning. I have no issue with this.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hasty Generalization Fallacy

A hasty generalization is one example of a logical fallacy, wherein someone reaches a conclusion that is not justified logically by objective or sufficient evidence.

One major cause of a faulty generalization is when people reach a conclusion based on a sample size that’s too small: it’s an argument that moves from the particular to the general, extrapolating a finding about that small sample size and applying it to a much larger population.
I am very interested in your point. Are you saying you believe that Heat related illnesses/injuries are a hasty generalization fallacy?

Thebrownblob

I don't work at UPS anymore.

I told him I wanted to file a grievance. He said I couldn't file a grievance "over soap." I said fine I'll go to OSHA. He changed his mind and talked to PE supervisor. Wasn't an issue after that.
I would have told you file a grievance. Clean stocked restrooms are a part of the contract. Here we have a cleaning agency that cleans and fills our soap so it’s usually not a problem.

Pullman Brown

I am very interested in your point. Are you saying you believe that Heat related illnesses/injuries are a hasty generalization fallacy?

No I’m making a observation on the logical fallacy ie poor reasoning of the article. To small of a sample size. How many drivers go out every day and don’t die! I’m definitely sympathetic I from the South but there’s good reasoning and bad reasoning.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I think we’ve been over this I don’t drink chilled water most of the day because it hurts my stomach I don’t care what OSHA says. I generally used the chilled water to pour on top of my head if I get super hot.
I was just answering a question I believe I previously left unanswered. My bad.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And those are a complete joke and everyone knows it. Been a solid two years maybe three since we’ve seen Keter
I do believe Covid may have caused this, but I have heard the CSA may have expired. I need to look into this.

The biggest joke I found to be about the Keter Audits was how many hourly employees were helping the company pass these audits that they had no business passing.

Trucker Clock

Yep.

We have 0.001% of our drivers suffer any heat related issues on a daily basis.

It does happen, but it is so minuscule that it is not even a blip on the radar.

Let’s fry some bigger fish.

Trucker Clock

I do believe Covid may have caused this, but I have heard the CSA may have expired. I need to look into this.

The biggest joke I found to be about the Keter Audits was how many hourly employees were helping the company pass these audits that they had no business passing.

And this was pushed by Keter. They did not want UPS to fail an audit.

Why do you think UPS knew well in advance that Keter may show up at their building?

Thebrownblob

I really can’t remember a time when we “failed” one Either it was rigged or the bar is so incredibly low it’s a joke

Integrity

Binge Poster
And this was pushed by Keter. They did not want UPS to fail an audit.

Why do you think UPS knew well in advance that Keter may show up at their building?
Yes Keter was contracted by UPS.

In my area they didn't know exactly where until 24 hour prior.(Allegedly I must add.)

Why did so many hourlies assist in helping UPS pass.?

Trucker Clock

Just like a UPS internal audit. The centers or hubs know about it well in advance. Hell, they even pay extra people to clean the building before the auditors show up.

They rehearse the 5’s and 10’s with the selected drivers who will participate in the audits.

And, guess what, OSHA knows this is happening, yet does nothing about it.

Nah
I don't know about that. I do recall someone on here posting about how it was no longer in effect because UPS kept failing or something to that effect. I'd have to try to find the thread.