using your seniority to not work

no_map_needed

Knowledge is key, Experience is power.
Ask from the top down to the 22.4s, force from the bottom up. Over here drivers come in early for some reason and sometimes even over an hour before start time to hang out then go home.

wilberforce15

Just work the 3.5.
Like many other fully grown men working part-time, I have a very full life of obligations, and easily have productive work to do in those times. UPS isn't even a side gig. The union made the job that way.

I'm paid to be available to work. I am available to work. Sometimes, I do work.

If you want me to work, take away my contractual right to leave.

Because right now, I have that right.

Sacrificial Lamb

Package Shepherd
The only language I see relative to my location about using seniority to getting out of work or leaving early is Article 4 Section 3 of the Western Region supplement:

SECTION 3 - RECOGNITION OF SENIORITY
“The Employer recognizes that the principles of seniority shall be given prime consideration in the every day operation of the business.”

So if I understand correctly they’re supposed to put a member’s seniority before instructing them to do anything whether it’s to cut, keep or ask if they’d like to work for the day.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
im aware of using your seniority to get the work thats available before others...but is there anything in the southern agreement that states one can use their seniority to not work. for example: demanding to be sent home before others with less seniority... more specifically, giving a lower seniority driver your DIAD and telling them they're running you're route today and you'll be the one going home "MUAHAHAHA"
Get the 🤬 to work
🧔‍♂️✊

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Had a situation yesterday on the preload. We were lighter in volume than normal so an hour or so before start time, management went from the bottom up, called like 4 or 5 people and said they weren't needed, even though they were scheduled.

Shouldn't it always be from the top down in that situation to see if the highest seniority wants the day off?
Once again ups doing exactly as they please with no consequences

nWo

Have to remember that the lower seniority guy might have to work Saturday too. So management sends him home so he has hours for Saturday. If he doesn't have Saturday hours then they are going to, "force" another RPCD in.

nWo

Had a situation yesterday on the preload. We were lighter in volume than normal so an hour or so before start time, management went from the bottom up, called like 4 or 5 people and said they weren't needed, even though they were scheduled.

Shouldn't it always be from the top down in that situation to see if the highest seniority wants the day off?

They do that with drivers too. Will call them at 745 and tell them they are laid off.

21Savage

Hah we have the same guys RO every single day in our building. Some of them would go home every day of the week if they could I bet.

21Savage

Who doesn't enjoy when these lazy clowns find out they cannot retire, not enough time in. Lol, Classic.
How much time do you need? I've got less than three years in so I haven't thought about it or researched it too much. Although I probably should.

JustDeliverIt

We've had a few guys that lost some vacation time and got some partial pension credits because they took too many dead days

I know a guy who lost his health insurance because he didn’t have enough hours worked the previous quarter. Working one or two days a week all summer sounds nice but will always get you at some point.

JustDeliverIt

How much time do you need? I've got less than three years in so I haven't thought about it or researched it too much. Although I probably should.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe it’s 1000 hrs/yr for PT and 2000 hrs/yr FT to receive 1 year of pension credit.

Sixth Punch Sense

Who doesn't enjoy when these lazy clowns find out they cannot retire, not enough time in. Lol, Classic.
There's a guy in our center that has taken so much dead time. That not only is he not going to accrue pension for the year he's not going to have enough hours for vacations next year either.