Very Disappointing - !

Dingo

Man I hope gimmeabreak is not on my route. I had a not found on a call tag last week. Sup said dont sheet as missed he will take care of it.

LATERAL THINKING is not a trait used by I.T. or drivers we are step by step people.

G

gimmeabreak

as opposed to LINEAR THINKING ?

not even going to respond to your comments since they are inaccurate to say the least...glad to see you woke up this morning and jumped right on to BC and started flaming...

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I want my package picked up. Is that too much to ask?

Again, blame the customer---I didn't leave a note, the package was hidden, not labeled, YADA-YADA-YADA, call the center, don't call the center...this happens far too much and we need to get better, that's all I am saying.

I know it's sometimes the customer's fault, but I am telling you I did everything right because I work for UPS and know what to do, and I am still getting bashed.
Okay, it's a New Year, so let's give good ole UPS another try come Monday.:happy2:

You're right that it could be a driver error/fault. We had a driver that never worked his call tags/follow ups, then there's the add/cut situation where yesterdays call tags don't make it to the new driver. There's a miriad of reasons for things like this happening, but I say that if you're patient, this will propbably all be worked out by Monday. Sorry for your trouble.

not even going to respond to your comments since they are inaccurate to say the least...glad to see you woke up this morning and jumped right on to BC and started flaming...
Where did I flame you and what did I say that was incorrect? As far as the post of mine that you quoted, it was a JOKE directed toward Dingo and he understood that( I think).

The reason you aren't responding is I called your BS and you have no answer.

Last edited:
G

gimmeabreak

Where did I flame you and what did I say that was incorrect? As far as the post of mine that you quoted, it was a JOKE directed toward Dingo and he understood that( I think).

The reason you aren't responding is I called your BS and you have no answer.

...called what BS? It's MONDAY and the package is still sitting on my doorstep. There is no BS, only a service exception, and an integrity issue.

Attempt one was never made, but still sheeted as NR1. Attempts two and three were never even sheeted.

How many of our customers receive the same treatment day in and day out?

Dustyroads

Gimme, if you will pm me your address, I will have that package picked up tomorrow, and I'll report the whole issue to LP. I think I can do this from a thousand miles away.

G

gimmeabreak

Gimme, if you will pm me your address, I will have that package picked up tomorrow, and I'll report the whole issue to LP. I think I can do this from a thousand miles away.

thanks, AMAZON issued another call tag---

Dustyroads

YW, I have a friend with the company who said he could resolve the issue. If you have another problem, don't hesitate to contact me.

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
I had a call tag in December to pick up a package from a residence that gets deliveries almost daily. When I get there I find the package I think is the one they intend to send... of course there is nobody home to confirm. I was convinced it's the correct package because weight is the same and has the same return address as the shipper of the original package. They never leave packages outside from the previous day and I remember delivering the original a few days prior. So I slap the call tag on and leave the receipt and head on my way.
I get a message 6 hrs later saying I picked up the replacement part and they needed it re-delivered. So I was a little too efficient for my own good... point is don't assume the customer is always on the ball... quite often they are not.

I did the same thing the other day. Went back and customer was apologetic and had the right box in the garage w/no tape. Just makes you wonder what people expect from us......

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
...called what BS? It's MONDAY and the package is still sitting on my doorstep. There is no BS, only a service exception, and an integrity issue.

Attempt one was never made, but still sheeted as NR1. Attempts two and three were never even sheeted.

Some Rs can be a one attempt. Ever heard of RS1. Unless you know that it was a RS3.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Some Rs can be a one attempt. Ever heard of RS1. Unless you know that it was a RS3.

We are supposed to leave the RS1 tag with the consignee if the pkg is not ready or they are not home. I write the center phone number on the tag with the note "Please call ***-**** when pkg is ready for pickup". Works every time.

Do you have a reading disability or is it comprehension?
The BS is, in one post you state all you want is for your package to be picked up, yet in the next it's your desire to make UPS provide better service. Then you claim people are blaming the customer when what they were doing was telling you what drivers all across the country see on a daily basis. In the first twenty post of this thread there was nothing anyone said that you took as it was presented. One post you say you can't call the center because you are I.T. and don't know the number, in another you say you could find the number if you wanted to. One post you're all concerned about UPS customers, the next it's all about YOU. I call BS, not because I don't believe your package wasn't picked up. I call BS because it appears that you would rather slam UPS drivers instead of doing anything to actually resolve the problem.

We are supposed to leave the RS1 tag with the consignee if the pkg is not ready or they are not home. I write the center phone number on the tag with the note "Please call ***-**** when pkg is ready for pickup". Works every time.
That should generate a pickup fee. When the RS1 isn't ready or the consignee isn't home, the responsibility for the package getting to UPS is on the consignee. The purpose of RS1s, is to lower the return trips to PU NR1/NI1, etc. Thus the lower cost of the RS1.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That should generate a pickup fee. When the RS1 isn't ready or the consignee isn't home, the responsibility for the package getting to UPS is on the consignee. The purpose of RS1s, is to lower the return trips to PU NR1/NI1, etc. Thus the lower cost of the RS1.

You have a point but I prefer to think of it as simply good customer service and you know you can't put a $ on that.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I did the same thing the other day. Went back and customer was apologetic and had the right box in the garage w/no tape. Just makes you wonder what people expect from us......
There is a reason there are reference numbers and RA numbers on the call tags. The customer is supposed to put the RA# on the pkg as well. If I cannot get confirmation from the customer, IE: note on pkg, customer stating in person or an RA#, I won't pick up the pkg. That simple.

Integrity

Binge Poster
sorry to disappoint you but I am a Manager, and contacting my Manager or his Manager will get me nowhere becuase they are concerned with keeping the computer systems running and not my AMAZON calltag---if I still worked in a district I would have went over to the center and checked on it myself.

u guys keep blaming me, but the bigger issue is, what if I didn't work for UPS and experienced such lousy service??? How would I react? "WE" all need to do a better job.

Dear gimmeabreak,

I agree with you. We all need to do a better job. Correct me if I am wrong but that seems to me to be the point of this discussion.

I have noticed a tendency for UPS employees, management and hourly, to get defensive when being confronted with customer dissatisfaction. This prevailing attitude is of great harm to a people. It is arrogant and prideful. The Amercan way has always been that the customer is "always right". This attitude for service was, I'm sure, part of what made UPS what it once was. This doesn't mean that the customer is always right, what is important is the attitude of service and care that the statement represents.

The lack of this attitude is rampant in the area of damage claims. It is common knowledge that UPS handles packages poorly, they are regularly and routinely thrown, dropped, kicked, crushed in the flow, and broken open and spilled. It is common place to see management at all levels walk through facilities completely ignoring this type of treatment. Often times we don't even bother to pick customer's property(overgoods) up, we step right over it. It often ends up in the trash. This all being said; the first response that I hear, and I hear this almost 100% of the time from management and hourlys(shame on us), is related to how the package was probably not package properly.
This calls for I to give a big shout "gimmeabreak".

In light of the truth as to how UPS treats packages, it is disgraceful that we even dispute a small % of the damage claims. I don't mean to mimimize your specific issue but I was trying to elaborate on what I thought your point was. Please forgive me if I misunderstood your point.

Sincerely,

I