Veterans Day Pay.

The Range

In too deep
Section 2 (a) Seniority employees shall be paid for each recognized holiday or the day celebrated as such, irrespective of what day of the week the holiday falls on, on the basis of eight (8) hours’ straight time rate provided they work any day during the payroll period. Any seniority employee laid off for lack of work shall not be deprived of his/her holiday pay if the layoff does not exceed thirty (30) days’ duration. All employees required to work on any such days shall be paid the applicable premium rate in addition to the holiday pay. Seniority part-time employees will receive four (4) hours’ holiday pay provided they work any part of one (1) day in the holiday week.

The bold part was removed from NE supplement. Here it was straight time + holiday pay. That language...

Last edited:

Thebrownblob

Great. People still blame the local for having to work day after Thanksgiving.
Imagine bitching about making almost $1100 for eight hours of work. Half the businesses on my route are closed. So it’s one of the easiest days of the year on top of that, and I don’t have to go to any Black Friday shopping My wife might think she can get me to do.

Nah
Imagine bitching about making almost $1100 for eight hours of work. Half the businesses on my route are closed. So it’s one of the easiest days of the year on top of that, and I don’t have to go to any Black Friday shopping My wife might think she can get me to do.
Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday...

4 days off. The people bitching probably preferred family time over money, and were able to go visit people they don't see very often during the extended weekend.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'll be enjoying a four-day weekend, Thursday and Friday paid.

JustDeliverIt

Martin Luther King will be double time plus holiday pay as well. $1100 or $1200 a day on those three days.

We get the same here (DT + holiday pay) so I don’t think they are going to work us. They hate paying us 1K+ for Black Friday but justify it because it’s peak. Mid January I have a feeling they will just observe the holiday and move on.

Thebrownblob

We get the same here (DT + holiday pay) so I don’t think they are going to work us. They hate paying us 1K+ for Black Friday but justify it because it’s peak. Mid January I have a feeling they will just observe the holiday and move on.
Well, we will see, but we’ve been told already they plan on working.

PAS'd out

This ain't rocket science
Section 2 (a) Seniority employees shall be paid for each recognized holiday or the day celebrated as such, irrespective of what day of the week the holiday falls on, on the basis of eight (8) hours’ straight time rate provided they work any day during the payroll period. Any seniority employee laid off for lack of work shall not be deprived of his/her holiday pay if the layoff does not exceed thirty (30) days’ duration. All employees required to work on any such days shall be paid the applicable premium rate in addition to the holiday pay. Seniority part-time employees will receive four (4) hours’ holiday pay provided they work any part of one (1) day in the holiday week.

The bold part was removed from NE supplement. Here it was straight time + holiday pay. That language...
Effing clowns. Talk a good game, but like Hoffa give away stuff they don't have to. I try to tell members to vote language not just raises and frosting like half hour lunch instead of an hour. Been voting on contracts since the 80's, some things will never change.

JL 0513

You don't have to report to work on any working holiday. Working is optional at a higher rate.
That's not the case in NE. A working holiday is a fully staffed, regular day. I can't imagine you can't just not show up without pre-arranging it with supervisor. Sometimes there's a number of guys who can opt for the day with seniority but not just don't show up.

JL 0513

So we did get the holiday pay put in today on the actual holiday. Looks like the time and a half for working holiday is today as well. So Monday through Friday guys got screwed out of the OT rate falling on Saturday. As long as UPS pays the Holiday, there's no obligation to pay it on the observance day that everyone else gets (Friday). For some reason I had thought we'd follow that observance.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Effing clowns. Talk a good game, but like Hoffa give away stuff they don't have to. I try to tell members to vote language not just raises and frosting like half hour lunch instead of an hour. Been voting on contracts since the 80's, some things will never change.
1699738968146.gif

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Shiny objects win with voters. Just flash that pay raise and sneak the other stiff in.