Vote!vote!vote!vote!

twnjrspc

Best contract ever? Best inreases to pension and pay? I witnessed increases to RX costs from 20% to 25%, copay double from $10 to $20, from 100% paid to 80% with $1,000 out of pocket expenses before 100% covered again, From $100-$200 to $200-$400 deuctables for families, some benefits quietly eliminated and BCBS run our benefits like an HMO and deny payments and procedures. Our pension was hammered and our retires took a beating with skyrocketing premiums. There were no increases to the chart rates 4 years ago on our pension and now they are actually worse. The production standards and perfection standards harassment has reached all time highs. Best contract ever? I think not! If the contract is so great why have I witnessed like a dozen drivers quit in the last 4 years!

Your quote should have been posted to NYTEAM06's post #17. I agree with you! Hoffa stuck it to us!

tieguy

Banned
I had the honor of meeting hall last week,He held a QnA about the upcoming contract in2008,overnite, and organizing fedex,But the most interesting story was about 1997 when the company gave their last best and final offer.Ken said that management said take it or leave it,your teamsters are weak,your membership are fighting each other,and all of our ups teamsters would cross your picket lines to go to work!!!!

I'm surprised to still see posters brag about striking to keep the screwed up multi-employer pension plans.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Okay, Here's a question? forget all oter questions on deciding your vite before you can get a realistic answer to this one important question.
Even if the APWA has the same concerns and goals as we do in issues like pension, insurance, vacation, pay, etc....

*What are the chances that they can pull it off in a new contract???

It's one thing to say I stand for someting, it's another to actually be able to acomplish the goals. Remember, their are to parties that mold the contract. The union, whichever one it might be and UPS.
It's called negotiations, give some to get some. It's not likely that teamsters didn't try to get alot out of a contract and it's not likely that UPS will go under total submission cause we have a new union.
Does the APWA have a history to back it up. If so then what's they're track record, and what have they acomplished or acheived. Are they even established.
It's just a game of dirty politics in the end to get power and who wouldn't want to win over the UPS employee's. HOw many times have you seen a candidate say I'm for this I'm for that and I'm for the people. They say what they say cause they want the vote but can they really acomplish anything. Pick your poisin but at least the one poisin we are familier with. We know it's simptoms and we know it's taste. I'm new to UPS but am no fool. I've seen a lot of things appen through other companies and believe me change is usually not for the better.

Think of the possability that UPS could take advantage of a new union cause of the instability caused from the change!!

The disorganization and logistics problems with the new union and it's members!!! (it will take a very well thought out game plan for this to ven come close to being a smooth transition).

Have you thought about the money invested into the pension plan and what will happen with the change. What of those with 5, 10, 20 years in. How would it work with all that time in the teamsters plan and now a change into the APWA Proposed Promise. It's not like a 401 K that you can just simply role over into another plan. IT's much more complicated then this and though it's understandable to be concerned this whole change of union coul be a very risky move and I believe if it ain't broke then don't fix it. I believe in pre- maintenence.
In the end talk is cheap. It's about what have you doneand what can you do and will UPS give up a little more in this new contract negotiations. The way I see it. drivers make 27.5 hrly plus have great benifits and great vacation time, etc....
Compare what we've been giving to what a ny other company might offer in this type of job clasifation. If you can do better somewere else in this feild or any other trade that's outside management then why am I among many other 30 something year olds coming to UPS after shopping around other companies throughout they're life's.
the only people with something to complain about r the low pay sorters. I think they need to balance out the raises better.
They give so little the 1st few raises and then this massive raise at 2 yrs. top rate. give a little more in the middle raises. $1 dollar after 30 good. 50 cents after 1 yr., 50 cents after another 6 months. Then finally a huge $8 jump after 2 yrs. That's an issue.

twnjrspc

Okay, Here's a question? forget all oter questions on deciding your vite before you can get a realistic answer to this one important question.
Even if the APWA has the same concerns and goals as we do in issues like pension, insurance, vacation, pay, etc....

*What are the chances that they can pull it off in a new contract???

It's one thing to say I stand for someting, it's another to actually be able to acomplish the goals. Remember, their are to parties that mold the contract. The union, whichever one it might be and UPS.
It's called negotiations, give some to get some. It's not likely that teamsters didn't try to get alot out of a contract and it's not likely that UPS will go under total submission cause we have a new union.
Does the APWA have a history to back it up. If so then what's they're track record, and what have they acomplished or acheived. Are they even established.
It's just a game of dirty politics in the end to get power and who wouldn't want to win over the UPS employee's. HOw many times have you seen a candidate say I'm for this I'm for that and I'm for the people. They say what they say cause they want the vote but can they really acomplish anything. Pick your poisin but at least the one poisin we are familier with. We know it's simptoms and we know it's taste. I'm new to UPS but am no fool. I've seen a lot of things appen through other companies and believe me change is usually not for the better.

Think of the possability that UPS could take advantage of a new union cause of the instability caused from the change!!

The disorganization and logistics problems with the new union and it's members!!! (it will take a very well thought out game plan for this to ven come close to being a smooth transition).

Have you thought about the money invested into the pension plan and what will happen with the change. What of those with 5, 10, 20 years in. How would it work with all that time in the teamsters plan and now a change into the APWA Proposed Promise. It's not like a 401 K that you can just simply role over into another plan. IT's much more complicated then this and though it's understandable to be concerned this whole change of union coul be a very risky move and I believe if it ain't broke then don't fix it. I believe in pre- maintenence.
In the end talk is cheap. It's about what have you doneand what can you do and will UPS give up a little more in this new contract negotiations. The way I see it. drivers make 27.5 hrly plus have great benifits and great vacation time, etc....
Compare what we've been giving to what a ny other company might offer in this type of job clasifation. If you can do better somewere else in this feild or any other trade that's outside management then why am I among many other 30 something year olds coming to UPS after shopping around other companies throughout they're life's.
the only people with something to complain about r the low pay sorters. I think they need to balance out the raises better.
They give so little the 1st few raises and then this massive raise at 2 yrs. top rate. give a little more in the middle raises. $1 dollar after 30 good. 50 cents after 1 yr., 50 cents after another 6 months. Then finally a huge $8 jump after 2 yrs. That's an issue.

backlasher, please correct me if my assumtion is wrong, but is this APWA a bonifide organization, or merely a PAPER TIGER? I'm sure that you've heard the saying, "If it sounds to good to be true, then it is". Don't get me wrong here, I am not a Hoffa supporter, nor anyone of his type. I'd rather fight than switch. There is absolutley no perfect organization in existance. Collective solidarity is the key to keeping any representing organization on the up and up. If 1.4 million teamster members can't collectivley stand together on all the issues that plague labor, then what makes anyone honestly believe that they could convince 200,000 UPS'ERS into jumping ship, and being represented by the PAPER TIGER? To divide, is to conquer. This is exactly what UPS wants. It's alot of hard work to fight the good fight, especially in todays greedy environment.