Voting bonus out!

710 steward

Mr 710 steward, go ask the drivers at the Alton center about bonus. They were told if they voted it out UPS would have to add more routes. They voted it out, did UPS add routes, NO, now majority wishes they had it back, but once you vote it out its gone forever.

Bonus should be out forever everywhere. I am completely aware of what is going on in Alton. If Alton wants routes they need to stand together and all take an hour lunch. That is what will how you get routes. You aren't intelligent enough to comprehend that. Missed businesses and air sweeps get attention rapidly. The I.E. department does not set up route plans anywhere with lunch as part if their plan.

By The Book

Mr 710 steward, go ask the drivers at the Alton center about bonus. They were told if they voted it out UPS would have to add more routes. They voted it out, did UPS add routes, NO, now majority wishes they had it back, but once you vote it out its gone forever.
Now there should be a slight uptick in the amount of guys on the 9.5 list. Voting bonus out does not guarantee more routes, but it does guarantee one thing, no more bonus being paid out. In time the ones who did bust butt will take a shorter stride, a safer walk path, and save money on fuel. I take it your daily report still shows each routes over/under, so the drivers are reminded daily about the bonus they were forced to give up by the majority. It gets better when you do your job by the book, and forget about those darn numbers.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Now there should be a slight uptick in the amount of guys on the 9.5 list. Voting bonus out does not guarantee more routes, but it does guarantee one thing, no more bonus being paid out. In time the ones who did bust butt will take a shorter stride, a safer walk path, and save money on fuel. I take it your daily report still shows each routes over/under, so the drivers are reminded daily about the bonus they were forced to give up by the majority. It gets better when you do your job by the book, and forget about those darn numbers.

When you say "by the book", you mean "with wiggle room", right?

By The Book

When you say "by the book", you mean "with wiggle room", right?
Hey Harry! You were supposed to help me with the smiley faces. Yes wiggle room, it's in there you just have to find how it applies to your situation. Like bumping and past practices that are part of our daily lives, but hard to find in print in the contract.

babboo25

Banned
We don't have daily report, each drivers time is treated like a paycheck, its put in their mail slot, nobody's business.

babboo25

Banned
But yet again just because you get bonus doesn't mean youre not following methods or have better time allowance. UPS just doesn't hand out free $.

By The Book

We don't have daily report, each drivers time is treated like a paycheck, its put in their mail slot, nobody's business.
Is this something they did before the bonus was voted out at the Alton center that you know of? Sounds like a huge waste of paper. Does your paper in your slot show the over/under?

By The Book

But yet again just because you get bonus doesn't mean youre not following methods or have better time allowance. UPS just doesn't hand out free $.
Sometimes you follow the methods and bonus sometimes you follow the methods and don't bonus. I have found if your route is fat you will always bonus. Some routes have an unfavorable allowance where other routes when you work the same pace you beat it with ease. The true test is to treat a day as if you have your supervisor on car, don't speed, no shortcuts, take all your personal time and see how it looks on paper. This will be a way to see if your route has a scratch time allowance. The only free money UPS has handed out lately has had to do with Orion.