Voting bonus out!

babboo25

Banned
Sometimes you follow the methods and bonus sometimes you follow the methods and don't bonus. I have found if your route is fat you will always bonus. Some routes have an unfavorable allowance where other routes when you work the same pace you beat it with ease. The true test is to treat a day as if you have your supervisor on car, don't speed, no shortcuts, take all your personal time and see how it looks on paper. This will be a way to see if your route has a scratch time allowance. The only free money UPS has handed out lately has had to do with Orion.
Agree with all except personal time, the more personal time you take the more bonus you get. I take less than 20, wanna get home before 7.

By The Book

Agree with all except personal time, the more personal time you take the more bonus you get. I take less than 20, wanna get home before 7.
Seems backwards on that? On a scratch route if I give up a half an hour I get paid back a half an hour(in bonus). If I take all my personal time I scratch and get no bonus. At least that's how it works here

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
Big internet chat room bully. BRUH?

ImageUploadedByBrownCafe1430622797.431596.jpg

Overpaid Union Thug

We don't have daily report, each drivers time is treated like a paycheck, its put in their mail slot, nobody's business.
I will agree with you there. Those reports, that also show our paid day, shouldn't be posted for everyone to see. I wouldn't even want it in the mail slot. I will found out how much money I made on my paycheck or by asking for a printout of my hours from the OMS at the end of the week.
So now the drivers can open up their reports each day and then go gossip about who did what? Sounds fishy.

In bonus centers most drivers look their stats on those reports to see "how they did" (I look at mine for entertainment purposes LOL) but the bonus babies look at everyone else's too. It's so sad really. The jealously and sense of entitlement that bonus breeds is destructive for morale. I see bonus babies practically throw a fit when they see that another driver (especially if it's an adjacent route) is getting more bonus then them. Then they start trying to be a driver/dispatcher and want the actual PDS to give them air from that adjacent route to deliver and to cut their slower and more difficult delivery areas (such as apartments) to the adjacent route. It's pathetic listening to these guys and all the games they want to play to inflate their bonus. Getting rid of the ability for everyone to see the numbers would help eliminate that. And getting rid of bonus.

The report (in my center) is out and available everyday. As it should be.

It shouldn't be posted for everyone to see. It's nobody's business how much I was paid whether it be straight time, OT, or bonus (which is rare) or how many miles I drove. Or anyone thing else on those reports. Plus, I just stated above, those reports are nothing more than a morale killer. A ploy to pit driver against driver and to intimidate certain people by showing them how much UPS thinks they suck. The only number anyone of us should care about is the amount of coin printed on our paychecks. Anything else should be management's problem. Otherwise....if a driver wants to see their hours, or even how many miles they drove, SPORH, etc. they can simply ask for a printout. There is no need to make it all public.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I will agree with you there. Those reports, that also show our paid day, shouldn't be posted for everyone to see. I wouldn't even want it in the mail slot. I will found out how much money I made on my paycheck or by asking for a printout of my hours from the OMS at the end of the week.

In bonus centers most drivers look their stats on those reports to see "how they did" (I look at mine for entertainment purposes LOL) but the bonus babies look at everyone else's too. It's so sad really. The jealously and sense of entitlement that bonus breeds is destructive for morale. I see bonus babies practically throw a fit when they see that another driver (especially if it's an adjacent route) is getting more bonus then them. Then they start trying to be a driver/dispatcher and want the actual PDS to give them air from that adjacent route to deliver and to cut their slower and more difficult delivery areas (such as apartments) to the adjacent route. It's pathetic listening to these guys and all the games they want to play to inflate their bonus. Getting rid of the ability for everyone to see the numbers would help eliminate that. And getting rid of bonus.

It shouldn't be posted for everyone to see. It's nobody's business how much I was paid whether it be straight time, OT, or bonus (which is rare) or how many miles I drove. Or anyone thing else on those reports. Plus, I just stated above, those reports are nothing more than a morale killer. A ploy to pit driver against driver and to intimidate certain people by showing them how much UPS thinks they suck. The only number anyone of us should care about is the amount of coin printed on our paychecks. Anything else should be management's problem. Otherwise....if a driver wants to see their hours, or even how many miles they drove, SPORH, etc. they can simply ask for a printout. There is no need to make it all public.
You must really feel bad about your performance.

Overpaid Union Thug

You must really feel bad about your performance.

I don't perform. I'm a UPS driver. Not a circus clown. I only need to do two things to be satisfied. I show up, clock in, try my best to follow as many methods that I can, then clock out. On Thursday mornings I check my bank account to see my "numbers." Those two things are what matters.

box_beeyotch

I don't perform. I'm a UPS driver. Not a circus clown. I only need to do two things to be satisfied. I show up, clock in, try my best to follow as many methods that I can, then clock out. On Thursday mornings I check my bank account to see my "numbers." Those two things are what matters.

The only numbers that matter are the ones on your pay stub!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The people that don't worry about the numbers are the people that worry about the numbers. I look at the OR to see what I got paid. I don't care if I was 2 hours under or 15 minutes.

box_beeyotch

The people that don't worry about the numbers are the people that worry about the numbers. I look at the OR to see what I got paid. I don't care if I was 2 hours under or 15 minutes.

Exactly. It doesn't matter. I'm by no means a clock milker, but I also dont go out here running and doing stupid stuff to get done faster and impress my useless sups. Nor do I skip breaks or work/sort during them.

Overpaid Union Thug

Then you wouldn't have a problem with the OR being taken down and having to ask for your paid day or having it placed in your DIAD slot (or another designated spot) for you instead? I would prefer that instead of having a bunch of bonus babies going over my line on the OR with a fine comb like vultures. Although....it does make for some fine early morning entertainment. Sometimes.

box_beeyotch

Then you wouldn't have a problem with the OR being taken down and having to ask for your paid day or having it placed in your DIAD slot (or another designated spot) for you instead? I would prefer that instead of having a bunch of bonus babies going over my line on the OR with a fine comb like vultures. Although....it does make for some fine early morning entertainment. Sometimes.

If I was in a bonus center, I'd agree and totally see where you're coming from. Thankfully I'm not in a bonus center though.

Overpaid Union Thug

If I was in a bonus center, I'd agree and totally see where you're coming from. Thankfully I'm not in a bonus center though.
Oh I hear ya. But for me its not about the bonus. As I've already made that perfectly clear. LOL! I've never worked in a non bonus center but I am guessing that there are less people that feel the need/entitlement to examine their fellow driver's reports?

box_beeyotch

Oh I hear ya. But for me its not about the bonus. As I've already made that perfectly clear. LOL! I've never worked in a non bonus center but I am guessing that there are less people that feel the need/entitlement to examine their fellow driver's reports?

Yep there's no need to. We dont even care about our own numbers let alone somebody else's lol.

upschuck

I've never worked in a non bonus center but I am guessing that there are less people that feel the need/entitlement to examine their fellow driver's reports?
So, you have not worked in a bonus center, yet you seem to think you know the workings of a bonus center. I see where you guys are coming from.

I assume you guys have nobody, that runs or cuts corners in your centers, since you seem to think that is what causes corner cutting, not that everyone that gets bonus is doing that. My point is that it is going to happen whether it is a bonus center or not, and they might as well get paid for it. Is it a perfect system, no, but until something comes out better, then it is the best we got.

Overpaid Union Thug

So, you have not worked in a bonus center, yet you seem to think you know the workings of a bonus center. I see where you guys are coming from.

I assume you guys have nobody, that runs or cuts corners in your centers, since you seem to think that is what causes corner cutting, not that everyone that gets bonus is doing that. My point is that it is going to happen whether it is a bonus center or not, and they might as well get paid for it. Is it a perfect system, no, but until something comes out better, then it is the best we got.
What makes you think I don't work in a bonus center?