Voting bonus out!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
So, you have not worked in a bonus center, yet you seem to think you know the workings of a bonus center. I see where you guys are coming from.

I assume you guys have nobody, that runs or cuts corners in your centers, since you seem to think that is what causes corner cutting, not that everyone that gets bonus is doing that. My point is that it is going to happen whether it is a bonus center or not, and they might as well get paid for it. Is it a perfect system, no, but until something comes out better, then it is the best we got.
Chuck, I said it once in response to one of your posts and you did not reply, so now I will now ask you directly.
Why are you in favor of a system that allows the company to arbitrarily and artificially renegotiate the rate of pay for individual drivers on individual routes?
How can a union, who supposedly doesn't recognize production standards, allow this to go on?

upschuck

Chuck, I said it once in response to one of your posts and you did not reply, so now I will now ask you directly.
Why are you in favor of a system that allows the company to arbitrarily and artificially renegotiate the rate of pay for individual drivers on individual routes?
How can a union, who supposedly doesn't recognize production standards, allow this to go on?
Times go with the route/area, so your premise is not valid. Any higher seniority driver could of had that route, but chose not to.

If someone wanted to give my membership more money, for nothing, I wouldn't object. But obviously I'm in the minority here. Remember, there are drivers in non bonus centers that run under too.

box_beeyotch

Times go with the route/area, so your premise is not valid. Any higher seniority driver could of had that route, but chose not to.

If someone wanted to give my membership more money, for nothing, I wouldn't object. But obviously I'm in the minority here. Remember, there are drivers in non bonus centers that run under too.

Yeah they run under but by doing that their only hurting themselves.

By The Book

Would this be a fair way to do the bonus? After each day's work all the bonus earned would be divided amongst all drivers. This, to be fair to UPS would factor in the over allowed as well. Just a thought.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Would this be a fair way to do the bonus? After each day's work all the bonus earned would be divided amongst all drivers. This, to be fair to UPS would factor in the over allowed as well. Just a thought.
great post great idea but that would never happen

Re-Raise

Then you wouldn't have a problem with the OR being taken down and having to ask for your paid day or having it placed in your DIAD slot (or another designated spot) for you instead? I would prefer that instead of having a bunch of bonus babies going over my line on the OR with a fine comb like vultures. Although....it does make for some fine early morning entertainment. Sometimes.
What if I am deciding whether or not to bid a route that will be coming open? It would help to know what kind of allowance the other routes have in addition to the number of miles and pieces they normally go out with. Or is that some big secret too?

Tough Guy

I skimmed through some of the posts here. What I will say is that personally, there have been times I've run an hour under (maybe a little more at times) and I've also run an hour over (or more at times). The amount that I would run over or under seemingly had no effect on the workload. They'll always try to pack it in the trucks regardless. Whatever they have to do to get their magic stops per car metric. The fact that I may have run 100 clicks over or under is irrelevant.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

My premise is very much intact as these "times", also known as allowances, are controlled solely by the company, who can and will change them at will and as they see fit.

If you indeed work in a package car center, you have certainly seen this dynamic play out during the inception of the roll outs of various technologies, coupled with the new phenomenon termed as "virtual time studies"?

In the end, nobody is getting "more money for nothing".
In reality they are cheating themselves, those below them on the full time seniority list and the unborn part timers waiting for their number to be called.

Bonus is the scourge of our collective bargaining agreement and only serves to further the divide that is being cultivated and nurtured by the company amongst the union ranks.

Overpaid Union Thug

What if I am deciding whether or not to bid a route that will be coming open? It would help to know what kind of allowance the other routes have in addition to the number of miles and pieces they normally go out with. Or is that some big secret too?
Ask your supervisor or the driver currently on that route. Management isn't required to list those things on bids but it's no secret. But the fact that that particular items aren't a secret doesn't mean the current driver's daily stats should be available every day for the whole center to see. Remember.... Those operational reports include everyones paid day.

Re-Raise

Ask your supervisor or the driver currently on that route. Management isn't required to list those things on bids but it's no secret. But the fact that that particular items aren't a secret doesn't mean the current driver's daily stats should be available every day for the whole center to see. Remember.... Those operational reports include everyones paid day.
I guess I am not as worried about what others think about my paid day as you are. Why would that need to be a secret?