Wacky News

oldngray

nowhere special
You live in a lily-white gated community----the words you hear are from the Hispanic workers you barely acknowledge as you make your way to the mailbox and back, desperately hoping that they don't try to speak to or, god forbid, make eye contact with you.

I delivered in a mostly black lower middle class high crime area. Not ghetto but definitely part of the hood. There were some good people there and also some real low life trash. I definitely had experience there. And the older people mostly had good manners. It was the young wanna be thugs that were the problem.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I delivered in a mostly black lower middle class high crime area. Not ghetto but definitely part of the hood. There were some good people there and also some real low life trash. I definitely had experience there. And the older people mostly had good manners. It was the young wanna be thugs that were the problem.

I'll bet you didn't go in there thinking that you were better than they were simply because of the color of your skin.

over9five

Staff member
Tolerance or toleration a fair, objective, and permissive attitude toward those whose opinions, practices, race, religion, nationality, etc., differ from one's own; freedom from bigotry.

[h=2]fi·nal[/h] [fahyn-l] Show IPA
adjective1.pertaining to or coming at the end; last in place, order, or time: the final meeting of the year.

2.ultimate: The final goal is world peace.

3.conclusive or decisive: a final decision.

4.constituting the end or purpose: a final result.

5.pertaining to or expressing the end or purpose: a final clause.

Source

moreluck

golden ticket member
Much the same as anyone can vastly overpay for their retirement home.
The house next door to me came on the market 4 or 5 days ago....just over a million $$$$. We bought ours in 2003 and that says we've made $400,000 on our house. (if it was for sale)

I'd say that was some good investment on our part !!! The key to retirement is comfort !!!!

By the way.......having been a real estate agent, so many factors dictate pricing.........but it's still location x 3 that's the most important and I'm in CA. with an ocean real close.

http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7-Corte-Sevilla-San-Clemente-CA-92673/59727500_zpid/

oldngray

nowhere special
The house next door to me came on the market 4 or 5 days ago....just over a million $$$$. We bought ours in 2003 and that says we've made $400,000 on our house. (if it was for sale)

I'd say that was some good investment on our part !!! The key to retirement is comfort !!!!

By the way.......having been a real estate agent, so many factors dictate pricing.........but it's still location x 3 that's the most important and I'm in CA. with an ocean real close.

7 Corte Sevilla, San Clemente, CA 92673 - Zillow

You will lose everything in the big quake where your house slides into the Pacific.

CaliforniaPaul

7 Corte Sevilla, San Clemente, CA 92673 - Zillow

Beautiful home! Is the sq ft number correct as it looks much larger.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Beautiful home! Is the sq ft number correct as it looks much larger.
The 3 models in the Gallery have really long and wide hallways......but only 2 bedrooms 2 baths.

The square footage is correct. Some of the pictures in that listing are of the clubhouse.

It's a downsize for us. We came from a 4 bdrm, 3 bath , 2 story.

I have a sleeper sofa in my living room. It's designed so people will visit.....just not for long !! Ha Ha !!

It's perfect size for the 2 of us. There is no way I could clean the house we came from. This is all one level and upkeep is much easier.

After the backyard picture, the rest are of the clubhouse.. The camera used had that panorama lens......I don't know wat they call it.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Paula Deen threw a pebble 27 years ago, but Alec Baldwin fires an AK47 of gay slurs in the past couple days......... What's his punishment ???

I'd quit going to his movies (if he made any)
I'd quit watching his TV show (if he had one)

How many millions does he lose over his rantings????

moreluck

golden ticket member
Since Walmart and Target dropped Paula Deen, I fully expect them to remove all Hip-Hop and Rap cd's that contain the same word and that are also racist against whites.