Wacky News

S

serenity now

Since Walmart and Target dropped Paula Deen, I fully expect them to remove all Hip-Hop and Rap cd's that contain the same word and that are also racist against whites.

Got to agree here. If the very utterance of that word is so reprehensible it should not be used.

A person says it in private conversation and 1 or a few people hear it. But record it, and sell that recording for profit so the word will be heard millions of times over. Well, that's OK. And don't leave out the movie studios; where is the outrage?

Last edited by a moderator:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Since Walmart and Target dropped Paula Deen, I fully expect them to remove all Hip-Hop and Rap cd's that contain the same word and that are also racist against whites.

This has been discussed many times:

When a black uses the "n" word with another black man it has a totally different meaning than when a white man uses it to describe a black man.

In order for the white person to be offended by the lyrics on one of those CD's they would first have to purchase it. Many of those CD's have advisory labels on them warning about the language contained therein. When you knowingly purchase something that may be offensive you waive any and all rights to complain after the fact.

One of my favorite CD's was Eddie Murphy: Delirious. It is one of the most vulgar and profane yet LMAO CD's I have ever listened to. The kids and I love the "You Ain't Got No Ice Cream" song. It is funny as hell but if you actually listen to the words it is one of the racist songs you may ever hear.

When I was college I liked Frank Zappa. Later on in life I liked Eminem. Yes, I knew both of them had "potty mouths" before I bought and/or listened to their music. What right would I have had to complain to their respective record labels about the content of their songs when I knew full well going in that the content was going to be offensive in nature.

Walmart and Target are doing what any mega-retailer would do----they are overreacting.

moreluck

golden ticket member
You're wrong.
Ever been at a light with Roscoe Cool and the bass on his radio makes your chest bones rattle? Then the words come out......can't be repeated here.....and your 5 and 7 yr. old grandkids are in the car and saying "what's a cracker, grandma?"

This happens a lot in Vegas.....long lights and lots of loud music. My car windows are shut, AC on high and I can still hear clearly....including the "friend" word a dozen times. I didn't buy that music.........It's thrown at me......it's objectionable to me and mine.

If the word "n" is not nice, then it's not nice for anyone to use it. Name a "white word" where it's OK for whites to use, but not blacks. I don't think we have one. When we say cracker, we mean a Ritz or Triscuit.

S

serenity now

This has been discussed many times:

When a black uses the "n" word with another black man it has a totally different meaning than when a white man uses it to describe a black man.

In order for the white person to be offended by the lyrics on one of those CD's they would first have to purchase it. Many of those CD's have advisory labels on them warning about the language contained therein. When you knowingly purchase something that may be offensive you waive any and all rights to complain after the fact.

One of my favorite CD's was Eddie Murphy: Delirious. It is one of the most vulgar and profane yet LMAO CD's I have ever listened to. The kids and I love the "You Ain't Got No Ice Cream" song. It is funny as hell but if you actually listen to the words it is one of the racist songs you may ever hear.

When I was college I liked Frank Zappa. Later on in life I liked Eminem. Yes, I knew both of them had "potty mouths" before I bought and/or listened to their music. What right would I have had to complain to their respective record labels about the content of their songs when I knew full well going in that the content was going to be offensive in nature.

Walmart and Target are doing what any mega-retailer would do----they are overreacting.

Wrong
How about when I hear this filth played in public areas at unreasonable volumes. I didn't buy this crap and I don't want to hear it. Young mothers with small children having to hear it also.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"Walmart and Target are doing what any mega-retailer would do----they are overreacting". (upstate)

Yet you say Food Network made the right call............I think Food Network over reacted too. This word she uttered was 27 years ago !!!
Now, what's happening to Alec Baldwin for the "queen" remarks and the 'foot up your ass ' remarks that he made slamming a gay guy a couple days ago.?????.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The relationship between PD and FN is much more personal than the one PD has with Walmart or Target. FN was well within their rights to terminate her. Walmart and Target overreacted.

Returntosender

Pigeon Forge police chief fires 3 officers who discussed killing other officers Updated with photos: Pigeon Forge police chief fires 3 officers who discussed killing other officers Knoxville News Sentinel

moreluck

golden ticket member
The Enquirer was all over the Paula Deen story.
Lots of incidents, not just one word 27 years ago......like the MSM said.

I know many don't like that "rag" magazine, but they usually turn out to be true.

One of the stories was that she only wanted white help in the front of her restaurant and the black in the back and not to be seen.

It also said that on holdays she would close at closing time, send the white folks home and hide money in the restaurant and watch as the black would hunt for it......like an Easter Egg hunt only with money.

This is only 2 of the incidences and if they are true (girl who told them passed a lie detector) then Paula is a bit of a monster. Her brother Bubba is worse.

I believe the Mike Walker "rag" and I hope Paula does lose everything......then that fat tug boat captain she's married to can support her for a change..

oldngray

nowhere special
The Enquirer was all over the Paula Deen story.
Lots of incidents, not just one word 27 years ago......like the MSM said.

I know many don't like that "rag" magazine, but they usually turn out to be true.

One of the stories was that she only wanted white help in the front of her restaurant and the black in the back and not to be seen.

It also said that on holdays she would close at closing time, send the white folks home and hide money in the restaurant and watch as the black would hunt for it......like an Easter Egg hunt only with money.

This is only 2 of the incidences and if they are true (girl who told them passed a lie detector) then Paula is a bit of a monster. Her brother Bubba is worse.

I believe the Mike Walker "rag" and I hope Paula does lose everything......then that fat tug boat captain she's married to can support her for a change..

I would wait for the claims by the Enquirer to be confirmed by other sources before I would believe them. They have a long history on inventing stories to sell papers so I trust little to none of what they say. The reports may be accurate and for sure other people will investigate those claims now. Its very possible Paula Dean did those things but until I see more proof I am skeptical of Enquirer claims.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I would wait for the claims by the Enquirer to be confirmed by other sources before I would believe them. They have a long history on inventing stories to sell papers so I trust little to none of what they say. The reports may be accurate and for sure other people will investigate those claims now. Its very possible Paula Dean did those things but until I see more proof I am skeptical of Enquirer claims.

The law suits from years ago have taught them well. John Edwards said the mag. was lying too. I put more faith in Mike Walker that Chris Matthews anyday..

Returntosender

Military tank owner freed, but could face charges in noisy July 4 ride through Shelby Twp.
John Lind and others inside the World War II era armored military vehicle may have just been celebrating the Fourth of July.
But they sent people watching fireworks near Lind’s Shelby Township home into a panic as a .50-caliber machine gun atop the vehicle, modified to fire compressed gas, emitted a bright flash and loud, realistic gunfire sounds. A flurry of 911 calls brought a response from several police agencies. Military tank owner freed, but could face charges in noisy July 4 ride through Shelby Twp. | Detroit Free Press | freep.com-

texan

Military tank owner freed, but could face charges in noisy July 4 ride through Shelby Twp.
John Lind and others inside the World War II era armored military vehicle may have just been celebrating the Fourth of July.
But they sent people watching fireworks near Lind’s Shelby Township home into a panic as a .50-caliber machine gun atop the vehicle, modified to fire compressed gas, emitted a bright flash and loud, realistic gunfire sounds. A flurry of 911 calls brought a response from several police agencies. Military tank owner freed, but could face charges in noisy July 4 ride through Shelby Twp. | Detroit Free Press | freep.com-
I have fired the compressed gas models.

They seem very authentic in simulation...

I was at many, many M2 50 cal ranges in my time.

There is nothing like a 50 cal choppin away at enemy vehicles.

In 1975, on M114's, we had 50 cal and also 20 Mike Mike weapons.

The 20 Mike Mike, is on the left of this picture above. Notice how larger it is than the 60 cal on the right.

Very nice item (20 MM) to have on your deck.

The M114 above had a 283 small block V-8, and top speed of 50.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
You mean M60 on the right? Neat to have a small block Chev in a military vehicle. I suppose this is the successor to the Detroit 6V53 powered M113?