Wage progression update.

S

selfcancelsignal

We do not have seasonal drivers in my supplement.

In most of the language I have seen you get no credit for seasonal work. The day you start driving after the seasonal period is what would be controlling as far as wages and progression.
Asking for central plains states district.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

S

selfcancelsignal

Asking for central plains states district.

And what about working under the old contract thru April 25th? Even though this is the case, did mgmt. & labor have an agreement that everything would be retroactive to 8-1-13 including 3 & 4 year progression? Curious how many grievances are being filed over this & the results of course.?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Contract extensions are not uncommon----upon ratification, everything is backdated to the day after the previous contract was supposed to expire which, in this case, is 1 Aug 13.

scisector9

So in summation-some who have seniority date before August 1who ATTAINED seniority after August 1 are getting retro and raises and some are not? Are they getting GWI this August 1?

Sent using BrownCafe App

Quigley

In my local all that have a seniority date as of Aug 1 get the retro and every year for the next 5 years. Unfortunately some locals dont see it that way.

By The Book

So in summation-some who have seniority date before August 1who ATTAINED seniority after August 1 are getting retro and raises and some are not? Are they getting GWI this August 1?

Sent using BrownCafe App
In the online version of the national master agreement page 14 and page 15 may be worth a look.those who have attained as of August 1,2013 and those still in progression will get the general wage increases. Etc.

Quigley

In the online version of the national master agreement page 14 and page 15 may be worth a look.those who have attained as of August 1,2013 and those still in progression will get the general wage increases. Etc.
The 64 thousand dollar question is how do you intrepit the "Attained seniority as of Aug 1"

saintrick

Sent using BrownCafe App

We have had several posters on here who were hired prior to 8/1 but attained seniority after 8/1. They all report no raise or retro and being paid under the 3 year progression.

To my knowledge no one has posted they attained seniority after 8/1 and got the GWI.

Here are some older post from the last contract in 08 when this situation last occurred.

They also state they received no GWI
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/getting-screwed.225584/

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/progression-pay.201392/page-6#post-498252

Quigley

We have had several posters on here who were hired prior to 8/1 but attained seniority after 8/1. They all report no raise or retro and being paid under the 3 year progression.

To my knowledge no one has posted they attained seniority after 8/1 and got the GWI.

Here are some older post from the last contract in 08 when this situation last occurred.

They also state they received no GWI
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/getting-screwed.225584/

http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/progression-pay.201392/page-6#post-498252
I guess you allready forgot about our conversation about my neighbor and all the other drivers in my local that attained seniority after Aug 1 and were given a seniority date prior to Aug 1 that got the GWI and raise.

Mr.McFeely

Let me try this again. I will try to be more specific.

He went full time June 20 2013, making $16.10, he attained seniority Aug 8, at which point he was given a seniority date of June 20. At that point he got a raise to $17.25. Since he was given a seniority date June 20th, he is entitled to the GWI of .70 thus the retro check for all hours worked from Aug 1 to April 25. April 26th his pay went from $17.25 to $17.95 reflecting the .70 GWI.

I hope that clears it up.
Actually if you want to be technical he should only receive the retro from Aug 8th till April 25