Wage progression update.

Quigley

He got it on 8/8 because thats when finished his 30 days. He got the GWI because his seniority date is in June.

Where in that release do you see The GWI is not applied on top of progression raises? Do you not read the last sentence of example 3 where it shows a pay rate of $17.95?

Where do you read that the progression rate is applied after the GWI?
The progression rate is based on your seniority date. The GWI is Aug 1 of every year.

By The Book

He got it on 8/8 because thats when finished his 30 days. He got the GWI because his seniority date is in June.

Where in that release do you see The GWI is not applied on top of progression raises? Do you not read the last sentence of example 3 where it shows a pay rate of $17.95?

The progression rate is based on your seniority date. The GWI is Aug 1 of every year.

Agreed! These have always been two seperate issues. Progression employees get two raises ( generally ) and those out of progression get the gwi. Now with this 4 year progression we will have to see how it plays out as far as getting both raises.

J

jibbs

Holy :censored2:.

I thought progression employees get progression wage increases, out of progression employees get gwi's.

So I'm supposed to get both, huh? Different times of the year, yeah, but both? That's :censored2:in' news to me. Fantastic news, don't get me wrong, but I've been led to believe something completely different.

saintrick

Do you see the part where the drivers remains at 18.45 and does not get the .70 on top of that. He is only due the .70 for the time before he gets moved to $18.45 just as your guy would only be due the .70 until the time he moved to 17.25.

April 25, 2014: on contract implementation driver remains at $18.45, the retro check will have the 70 cent raise incorporated from 8/1/13 to 3/1/14, reflecting a wage rate of $17.95 for that period of time.

saintrick

I thought progression employees get progression wage increases, out of progression employees get gwi's.

So I'm supposed to get both, huh? Different times of the year, yeah, but both? That's :censored2:in' news to me. Fantastic news, don't get me wrong, but I've been led to believe something completely different.

Don't read to much into what we are talking here. We are debating a small number of drivers who have seniority dates prior to 8/1/13 but attained their 30 days after 8/1.

Quigley

Do you see the part where the drivers remains at 18.45 and does not get the .70 on top of that. He is only due the .70 for the time before he gets moved to $18.45 just as your guy would only be due the .70 until the time he moved to 17.25.

April 25, 2014: on contract implementation driver remains at $18.45, the retro check will have the 70 cent raise incorporated from 8/1/13 to 3/1/14, reflecting a wage rate of $17.95 for that period of time.
He cant get the .70 in June since it doesnt go into effect till Aug.
Once again he got the raise on 8/8 because thats when he reached his 30 days and got his seniority date which is retroactive back to the first day worked June 20. Driver has to reach seniority before he gets any raises. You still havent showed me in the release where it says the the progression rate is given after the GWI. The GWI has nothing to do with the progression rate.
I dont understand why you are not getting this.
Start $16.10
Seniority $17.25
GWI $17.95

Quigley

Everybody who is in progression as of Aug 1 get the GWI. If you are in progression after Aug 1 you get the new rate but not the GWI.

saintrick

Your story does not add up. From changing start dates to telling us you figured his back pay from 8/1 till 4/25 and in was spot on and then say he does not actually get the GWI on 8/1 he gets it on 8/8. How is his back pay correct if you figured it from 8/1 and he did not get the .70 till 8/8?

You said yourself that the GWI is Aug 1 and the progression is on seniority. His 30 day progression is after 8/1 so the GWI would apply first.

Quigley

I'm ovethinking this. And yes I was wrong when I said one could argue since he didnt reach his 30 days till 8/8 then the GWI wouldnt start till then. But since his seniority date is in June, then the progression kicks in first, then Aug 1 GWI

Gainesvegas

Hey guys!

Can someone please help figure this hot mess out? Here is my dilemma...went full-time on May 12th 2012. HR person somehow coded me out weird. I was making 19.94 as air driver/sorter at that time and had been for about a year. My pay has not moved til last week. 3 years making exact same pay. 2 years in progression at exact same pay. Last week it went to 20.75 and I got a retro check for $3.43! What the hell? I grieved the pay(19.94) but nothing was done about the mistake. I believe I should have been making 85% of top rate as cover driver but of course got reemed because HR person refused to admit mistake. So here I am at 20.75 with a $3.43 retro check...what gives am I getting screwed without a kiss again(I know I should be used to it by now)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

upschuck

Hey guys!

Can someone please help figure this hot mess out? Here is my dilemma...went full-time on May 12th 2012. HR person somehow coded me out weird. I was making 19.94 as air driver/sorter at that time and had been for about a year. My pay has not moved til last week. 3 years making exact same pay. 2 years in progression at exact same pay. Last week it went to 20.75 and I got a retro check for $3.43! What the hell? I grieved the pay(19.94) but nothing was done about the mistake. I believe I should have been making 85% of top rate as cover driver but of course got reemed because HR person refused to admit mistake. So here I am at 20.75 with a $3.43 retro check...what gives am I getting screwed without a kiss again(I know I should be used to it by now)?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
You are under the old progression, and under that seniority plus 2 years is 20.75. Why you didn't get any raises for 2 years is because you were red circled at current PT rate until FT rate was higher. You should have gotten the 70¢ from AUG 1. I assume you worked more than 5 hours since Aug 1, so you should file a grievance. NMA say all employees who attained seniority before Aug 1 gets the 70¢.

Gainesvegas

So I should get the 0.70 from 8/1/13 til now for retro pay? Moving ahead do I go to 20.75+0.70=21.45(for my last year of progression) like everyone seems to agree on here?

Quigley

Had the contract been ratified on Aug 1 you would have gone from $19.94 + .70 = $20.64. May 12th you would have gone to $20.75. So you should get a retro check from 8/1 to 4/25 for .70, and then back pay 4/25 to 5/12 the difference between $20.64 and $20.75 You got the .70 because that came in Aug while you didnt reach your second year till May. Had you reached your second year for example in July then you would have gone to $20.75 and then in Aug you would have the .70 which would get you the $21.45