Wage progression update.

Quigley

You are owed .70 for every hour worked, vacation or sick time from Aug 1 to April 25
Go on UPSERS. com where you can add up all hours paid on and ask your BA to do the right thing.

Quigley

And sadly I made another mistake. You should have the .70 from Aug 1 to the day you got the raise to $20.75.
Sometimes my fingers type faster then my brain can process.

saintrick

Just a thought guys not saying this is the way it is.

We would need some more red circled guys to let us know what their pay has done.

Giving the fact that he is red circled he is not technically in progression he is just waiting for the progression to catch him and not eligible for the GWI.

The 3.43 retro check could just be for some Sat air, other work or a grievance he might have had.

Did you do any other work?

Last edited:

Quigley

Since the progression or being red circled has nothing to with the GWI I cant think of any reason why he wouldnt get it.

Quigley

You are right its till you reach progression rate thats higher then your present rate. However the GWI is seperate from the progression rate.

TejasHEAT!

I was a supervisor and got promoted and started FT driving July 30th of 2013. I finished my 30 day packet September 9th of 2013. After nearly a year of HR telling me I would go up to the new starting driver rate at $18.75 hr, I figured I was in for one hell of a retro check (especially since HR is right about everything.) When the contract was implemented I didn't receive any raises for the first two weeks. I contacted payroll to find out why I hadn't received my raise and they informed me that I had a seniority date of July 30th therefor I was under the old contract and was not eligible for any raise until my 1 year this July 30th 2014. I also did not receive any retro check for the ".70 per hour" that would put me at $17.95. I expect it to remain that way since I was red circled.

Quigley

I was a supervisor and got promoted and started FT driving July 30th of 2013. I finished my 30 day packet September 9th of 2013. After nearly a year of HR telling me I would go up to the new starting driver rate at $18.75 hr, I figured I was in for one hell of a retro check (especially since HR is right about everything.) When the contract was implemented I didn't receive any raises for the first two weeks. I contacted payroll to find out why I hadn't received my raise and they informed me that I had a seniority date of July 30th therefor I was under the old contract and was not eligible for any raise until my 1 year this July 30th 2014. I also did not receive any retro check for the ".70 per hour" that would put me at $17.95. I expect it to remain that way since I was red circled.
You should have gotten the .70 from Aug 1 to April 25th. Doesnt matter if you are red circled or not, everybody thats in progression as of Aug 1 gets the .70. the contract doesnt have any exceptions to that. None that I have been able to find anyways. Red circled just means that you stay at your present rate till you reach a progression rate thats higher the you being paid now. You should be at $17.95 now and your next progression rate will be in July

saintrick

You should have gotten the .70 from Aug 1 to April 25th. Doesnt matter if you are red circled or not, everybody thats in progression as of Aug 1 gets the .70. the contract doesnt have any exceptions to that. None that I have been able to find anyways. Red circled just means that you stay at your present rate till you reach a progression rate thats higher the you being paid now. You should be at $17.95 now and your next progression rate will be in July

Could it just be that what I have been telling you is correct?

The GWI is based on when you attain seniority not your seniority date.

He attained his seniority after the 1st and did not get the GWI.
He entered the Job prior to 8/1 so he is in the 3 year progression and will receive the GWI every 8/1 after he make top rate.

Here is another example.
http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/stuck-in-limbo.356503/

Quigley

Here we go again. According to you he doesnt get the GWI because he attained seniority after Aug 1 so he must be on the 4 year progression. But wait he entered the job prior to Aug 1 so doesnt get the new wage rate and is on the 3 year progression. Does this make any sense to anybody?

saintrick

You call me crazy, but yet we have example after example that validates my point.

He has nothing to do with the 4 year progression he entered the job prior to 8/1/14.

Please read the language and tell me how I am wrong.

(c.) The progression for employees entering a package car driving,
feeder or other full-time job (other than an air driver or a job covered
by Section 3 below) position after August 1, 2013 shall
be as follows:
(4year progression rates)

He entered the job on 7/30/13.
Is 7/30 after 8/1?
NO so he is a 3 year progression guy.

He does not get the GWI because He attained seniority after 8/1/13.

Once again read the language and tell me where I am wrong.

All full-time employees who have attained seniority as of August 1,
2013 will receive the following general wage increases for
each contract year. (The GWI)

If you notice it says nothing about having a seniority date prior to 8/1. It says you must attain seniority prior to 8/1/13. So even though his seniority date is 7/30 he did not attain that date prior to 8/1 and does not get the GWI until he makes top rate at 3 years.

Last edited:

Quigley

What you dont seem to understand, and no matter what I say, or show you real person examples, is that the only date that matters is your seniority date. The day you attain seniority only means you have attained your 30 days, and now are given a seniority date and a raise. That date has everything to do with wages, sick days, retirement date, vacation accrual, everything. You seem to be stuck on "Attained seniority as of Aug 1" All that means is you must have a seniority date as of Aug 1. We can argue this till the cows come home, but I know for a fact, that in my local anyway, the drivers (and there is a few of them) who reached their 30 days after Aug 1, and were given a seniority date prior to Aug 1, have all got their retro checks and their pay was raised by .70 from $17.25 to $17.95.

S

selfcancelsignal

You call me crazy, but yet we have example after example that validates my point.

He has nothing to do with the 4 year progression he entered the job prior to 8/1/14.

be as follows:

Is 7/30 after 8/1?

If you notice it says nothing about having a seniority date prior to 8/1. It says you must attain seniority prior to 8/1/13. So even though his seniority date is 7/30 he did not attain that date prior to 8/1 and does not get the GWI until he makes top rate at 3 years.
What if the driver was seasonal before 8-1-13, but gained seniority after? 3 or 4 year progression? Looks like 3 year according to this language, but not sure if it applies to outside seasonals that went full time driving as opposed to insiders. Not sure why it'd make a difference I guess.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

saintrick

What if the driver was seasonal before 8-1-13, but gained seniority after? 3 or 4 year progression? Looks like 3 year according to this language, but not sure if it applies to outside seasonals that went full time driving as opposed to insiders. Not sure why it'd make a difference I guess.

Sent while driving from my flip phone via T9 word.

We do not have seasonal drivers in my supplement.

In most of the language I have seen you get no credit for seasonal work. The day you start driving after the seasonal period is what would be controlling as far as wages and progression.

Last edited:

Quigley

be as follows:

Is 7/30 after 8/1?

Seems to me the whole argument boils down to one sentence and mine and your interpertation of this sentence:

You take that sentence to mean that driver reaches his 30 days after Aug 1, regardless what seniority date he is given, he does not get the GWI.

My interpertation is that all that sentence means is you have to have a seniority date as of Aug 1 to get the GWI.

Who is right and who is wrong? I guess time will tell.