Wanting to show up at elections this year.

Ladylucky13

I'm a new FT driver from a small center. But I would like to know more about the upcoming election process in October. Even though our meetings are a two hour drive one way, I've attended union meetings to learn, be present and get involved. Most new hires and part timers don't know we can even vote, when or how. I'm reading ballots are mailed out?? I want to help get my center to show up. Hopefully after the 2/3 crap happened we all should w up across the board!!! Wishful thinking I know, but girls gotta have a dream.

I'm a new FT driver from a small center. But I would like to know more about the upcoming election process in October. Even though our meetings are a two hour drive one way, I've attended union meetings to learn, be present and get involved. Most new hires and part timers don't know we can even vote, when or how. I'm reading ballots are mailed out?? I want to help get my center to show up. Hopefully after the 2/3 crap happened we all should w up across the board!!! Wishful thinking I know, but girls gotta have a dream.
The two thirds rule is gone

542thruNthru

What is it you're trying to find out? If you have Facebook/Twitter and all that stuff than I would follow each slate. Remember most social media is going to be biased one way or the other so take what is said with a grain of salt.

If you really want to get active see if your local has a organizer. Get their number and talk with them about getting involved and getting the word out about voting.

Something you can do is wear a union shirt inside to work everyday. Maybe one that has your LU on it. Also you can wear a union pin on your work shirt. Like so...

20210713_160429.jpg

These things bring awareness to other members and can also start a sense of solidarity. None of these things happen over night and you just have to keep doing your best to inform your fellow members but remember don't burn yourself out.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
What is it you're trying to find out? If you have Facebook/Twitter and all that stuff than I would follow each slate. Remember most social media is going to be biased one way or the other so take what is said with a grain of salt.

If you really want to get active see if your local has a organizer. Get their number and talk with them about getting involved and getting the word out about voting.

Something you can do is wear a union shirt inside to work everyday. Maybe one that has your LU on it. Also you can wear a union pin on your work shirt. Like so...

View attachment 344439

These things bring awareness to other members and can also start a sense of solidarity. None of these things happen over night and you just have to keep doing your best to inform your fellow members but remember don't burn yourself out.
You are a good brother 542
Go Padres!!

542thruNthru

sketch-1626224603596.jpg

542thruNthru

You might have been three or four weeks but definitely not the six weeks that they are advertising right here for the general IBT election
Maybe because there is a ton more people eligible to vote in this election. Also by mail not by phone. Could even be in the constitution that it has to be a certain time.

No idea.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Maybe because there is a ton more people eligible to vote in this election. Also by mail not by phone. Could even be in the constitution that it has to be a certain time.

No idea.

It's in the Election rules.

 October 2021: Mailing of ballots for International Officer election.

 November 2021: Deadline for receipt of ballots to be counted and counting of ballots in
International Officer election.

The term "2021 Election Agreement" means the Agreement signed by the International Brotherhood of Teamsters and the Office of the Election Supervisor on October 11, 2019.

Whereistheunion

In the past, I'm only speaking for myself I would attend these meetings and it would be total bull. What's truly important is that you "VOTE" Our union reps talk about our greviences with the company how we feel about the workplace and then do what they think is best. VOTE that's What's important you will get every piece of information you need without wasting gas going to a meeting 2 hrs away.

Ladylucky13

Thanks for all the knowledge!! My local is in Texas. I watched a lil bit of convention, but I heard about 2,/3's rule!! Got a shirt ✅ From what I've read O'Brian is only candidate that was against 22.4 from beginning. But still doing my research on all candidates..
IMG_20210715_222702.jpg

Last edited: