Warning Letter for a No Scan

quad decade guy

So altogether I've been told I was getting a warning letter three times. All last December (Helper didn't get out to spot a back during an observation, I missed a scan at a Post Office, and one day --the first and only day so far-- my average backing speed was 3.2mph.)

I've yet to receive a formal warning letter. I also raised the question as I was being informed of the second how two warning letters given weeks apart would work. Center manager said something like, "...well, you should be getting a 1-day suspension... I'll look into that and get back to you." No one's ever gotten back to me, and I don't think they ever will.

Moral of the story? Don't be scared of warning letters, or at least the threat of them. Fix the issue by not making the same mistake twice and you'll have a lot less to worry about.

*EDIT: *, man, 4 times, I forgot about the time the mechanic jumpstarted my truck while the preload was still running and told me not to turn it off. Told a supe' about it, didn't think anything of it... next day me and two other drivers who had needed a jump were told we were hit for a bulkhead and seatbelt violation apiece, so we'll be getting warning letters. It took a friendly reminder and them having to check what time the telematics violations occurred for that threat to go away.

Ahh, we had those daily during peak. I haven't run into one for a while now, though.
Around here, a verbal warning is the first step, a warning letter is the second and so on. Here, a warning letter is protested(so I hear).

You get the warning letter anyway and so the disciplinary process is started. Could it lead to termination? Well let's see.....

So many warning letters, suspension in a certain period of time....I've seen it done and stick.

Given the state of things and telematics(I believe this situation qualifies) it could spiral out of control quickly.

BTW, is there a written limit on backing speed? Serious question.

BTW, I've been told to leave a vehicle running all day. I ALWAYS got a Mgr level to verify such. Always get with your Center mgr to ok this. My habit of pulling keys just about always stopped the truck in a little while.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
It's just a Warning letter issued so your center manager can prove to the DM that he is taking steps to 'Solve the Problem" .File an Article 37 Grievance and it will die on the vine.
As far as management going to bulk stops and seeking out unscanned packages that is beyond laughable, its almost hysterical. Management always likes to portray themselves as having power over the entire world lol.
Just do the job right every day and there wont be a problem. They dont have time to chase every little thing

Fido

Don’t worry he’s friendly
Psychopaths. Enjoy looking for the :censored2: box of the 60 I delivered to the sex shop. If you do find it, please kindly insert it up your ass.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's just a Warning letter issued so your center manager can prove to the DM that he is taking steps to 'Solve the Problem" .File an Article 37 Grievance and it will die on the vine.
As far as management going to bulk stops and seeking out unscanned packages that is beyond laughable, its almost hysterical. Management always likes to portray themselves as having power over the entire world lol.
Just do the job right every day and there wont be a problem. They dont have time to chase every little thing
about all the warning letter is good for is for them to have something to bring up if they try to get you for something else

They don't teach these young kids anything.
Run run and run..

quad decade guy

Maybe.

It depends on your past.

Is your statement absolute? Maybe. But I have seen these things end in permanent discipline. Just be aware.

Whither

Scofflaw
If you're missing 1 piece at a bulk stop the best practice is either to rescan everything or else double, even triple check for the last 4 of the tracking of every single pkg you've unloaded. At docks where receiving tries to rush you or just can't keep their paws off anything you set down, scan em one at a time. Who cares if it takes more time? If mgmt says it's a methods violation, you let them know that you can't babysit receiving and it's only way you can make sure you don't miss scans at that dock.

If it's still missing, then -- if you have space -- sort the entire load. If it's still missing (and sometimes it will be), send a message with the last 4 and document all the steps you've taken to fulfill your due diligence.

Whither

Scofflaw
It's always your fault...
A few times I've sheeted damaged pkgs as missed before leaving the building and that irritates em lol. "NEVER SHEET MISSED IF YOU HAVENT LEFT THE BLDG. LEAVE PKG ON BELT FOR REWRAP AND LET US KNOW, WE CAN AVOID MISSED IF PKG IS STILL AT THE BLDG" I respond "WE ARE INSTRUCTED ALL PKGS MUST GET A SCAN. WILL VOID ONCE YOU SEND MSG CONFIRMING PKG HAS INSIDE BLDG SCAN AND WILL NOT SHOW AS DNED"

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
So altogether I've been told I was getting a warning letter three times. All last December (Helper didn't get out to spot a back during an observation, I missed a scan at a Post Office, and one day --the first and only day so far-- my average backing speed was 3.2mph.)

I've yet to receive a formal warning letter. I also raised the question as I was being informed of the second how two warning letters given weeks apart would work. Center manager said something like, "...well, you should be getting a 1-day suspension... I'll look into that and get back to you." No one's ever gotten back to me, and I don't think they ever will.

Moral of the story? Don't be scared of warning letters, or at least the threat of them. Fix the issue by not making the same mistake twice and you'll have a lot less to worry about.

*EDIT: *, man, 4 times, I forgot about the time the mechanic jumpstarted my truck while the preload was still running and told me not to turn it off. Told a supe' about it, didn't think anything of it... next day me and two other drivers who had needed a jump were told we were hit for a bulkhead and seatbelt violation apiece, so we'll be getting warning letters. It took a friendly reminder and them having to check what time the telematics violations occurred for that threat to go away.

Ahh, we had those daily during peak. I haven't run into one for a while now, though.
Helper didn't get out to observe a back !!!!
That's fn ridiculous, when did they start that BS ????
They put back up camera on the Brownie ,and you are a trained professional !
if you used the helper to back and you hit something , would helper be getting a warning letter ???
These people are out of control !!
Never needed a back up camera or spotter in my brownie days ,, thank god I'm in feeders now ,, I couldn't take the nonsense they put you guys through today

11.19igrad

I saw the title, and thought is was 11.9 claiming no one taught or shoeed him how to scan packages.
And then for him to go off with "they should have warning bells, buzzers, and alarms going off" if you missed scanning a package!
theres no possible loss of life missing a scan, so....

Dumbo

A few times I've sheeted damaged pkgs as missed before leaving the building and that irritates em lol. "NEVER SHEET MISSED IF YOU HAVENT LEFT THE BLDG. LEAVE PKG ON BELT FOR REWRAP AND LET US KNOW, WE CAN AVOID MISSED IF PKG IS STILL AT THE BLDG" I respond "WE ARE INSTRUCTED ALL PKGS MUST GET A SCAN. WILL VOID ONCE YOU SEND MSG CONFIRMING PKG HAS INSIDE BLDG SCAN AND WILL NOT SHOW AS DNED"

I think you are supposed to sheet as non delivery- damaged and bring to clerk.

Dumbo

Also you generally will not get discipline for no scans if you message in from the location that it's missing. I always message in now after getting a verbal a few months ago on a no scan. If I find it I just go deliver it but if I don't my ass is covered.

Whither

Scofflaw
I think you are supposed to sheet as non delivery- damaged and bring to clerk.
That option is not in the boards at my building, but we have had DIAD trainings that instruct us to sheet such pkgs as missed with 'DMG' in the remarks. Of course if I discover it on-road and the pkg isn't in awful shape I'll give the customer a chance to accept it with 'POSSDMG' or else RTS.