Warning Letter for a No Scan

AndrewK

Long story short I was pulled into the supervisors office today with the union steward present. I was told that I'd be given a warning letter for having a no scan package for a bulk business delivery.

The sup said if I can fix the issue within the next month he'll take it off my file. I wasnt given any physical copy yet and it's been a day. Does it get mailed to me? He said I was doing a 'good job' after the conversation. Should I file a grievance or is this mgmts way blowing hot smoke. They verbally spoke to me about this issue about a month ago

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
can't answer your questions but our pcm today was about no scans. they said they will be going out to no scan addresses and if they find the package they will get a picture of it and then disciplinary action.

542thruNthru

Long story short I was pulled into the supervisors office today with the union steward present. I was told that I'd be given a warning letter for having a no scan package for a bulk business delivery.

The sup said if I can fix the issue within the next month he'll take it off my file. I wasnt given any physical copy yet and it's been a day. Does it get mailed to me? He said I was doing a 'good job' after the conversation. Should I file a grievance or is this mgmts way blowing hot smoke. They verbally spoke to me about this issue about a month ago
Your supplemental agreement will outline how warning letters are given. Ours are sent to us certified mail.

Roller252

they said they will be going out to no scan addresses and if they find the package they will get a picture of it and then disciplinary action.
That sounds about as effective and efficient as sending us drivers out with follow up claims a month after delivery, lol

Best of luck to them when they show up at the Target loading dock asking about that "one pkg 1Z...4374" that was part of the bulk stop that day.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
That sounds about as effective and efficient as sending us drivers out with follow up claims a month after delivery, lol

Best of luck to them when they show up at the Target loading dock asking about that "one pkg 1Z...4374" that was part of the bulk stop that day.
i went out recently with a dfu for a pkg delivered two days before christmas. good luck with that.

clean hairy

I saw the title, and thought is was 11.9 claiming no one taught or shoeed him how to scan packages.
And then for him to go off with "they should have warning bells, buzzers, and alarms going off" if you missed scanning a package!

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day

You have to wait until you receive the warning letter. The time limit management has to give you one is in your local supplement.

clean hairy

Where I am, they ask you to sign, refuse, steward intials the rts.
You are then handed a copy of it right then.
Easy to grievance the warning letter that evening.

JL 0513

This has been happening more and more lately

Because the scan determines getting payment for the shipment now. So it's going to continue being a highly monitored issue. We've even had audits in my center where the sups are waiting at the gate to check your pc for no scans upon arrival.

PPH_over_9000

So altogether I've been told I was getting a warning letter three times. All last December (Helper didn't get out to spot a back during an observation, I missed a scan at a Post Office, and one day --the first and only day so far-- my average backing speed was 3.2mph.)

I've yet to receive a formal warning letter. I also raised the question as I was being informed of the second how two warning letters given weeks apart would work. Center manager said something like, "...well, you should be getting a 1-day suspension... I'll look into that and get back to you." No one's ever gotten back to me, and I don't think they ever will.

Moral of the story? Don't be scared of warning letters, or at least the threat of them. Fix the issue by not making the same mistake twice and you'll have a lot less to worry about.

*EDIT: :censored2:, man, 4 times, I forgot about the time the mechanic jumpstarted my truck while the preload was still running and told me not to turn it off. Told a supe' about it, didn't think anything of it... next day me and two other drivers who had needed a jump were told we were hit for a bulkhead and seatbelt violation apiece, so we'll be getting warning letters. It took a friendly reminder and them having to check what time the telematics violations occurred for that threat to go away.

Because the scan determines getting payment for the shipment now. So it's going to continue being a highly monitored issue. We've even had audits in my center where the sups are waiting at the gate to check your pc for no scans upon arrival.

Ahh, we had those daily during peak. I haven't run into one for a while now, though.

Last edited:

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
No.

I meant people coming to the interwebs to cry about it.

oldngray

nowhere special
How do you "fix" a no scan. Its already been missed
A lot of those got left in the building or got loaded on the wrong truck. If you are missing a package that was supposed to be on your truck always send a message about it to cover your own ass.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.

Let 'em go. The less time these clowns are in the office and are out on fruitless endeavors, the smoother the operation will run.