Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!
Saturday being the last delivery day before X-mas I doubt only air will be run. Past history says UPS will do everything humanly possible to deliver air AND ground to any residential address!

Rack em

Made the Podium
Saturday being the last delivery day before X-mas I doubt only air will be run. Past history says UPS will do everything humanly possible to deliver air AND ground to any residential address!
This^^^ Looked at the dispatch for tomorrow and I show 6 stops, 130 miles, both air and ground. Seems like a waste for the company, but I'm getting tons of windshield time.

JL 0513

Just telling you what my center is doing. It's this morning and drivers were told about 30 stops each and done. Air only. I don't mean just Saturday air, it's all air that made it to our location. Definitely no ground though.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just telling you what my center is doing. It's this morning and drivers were told about 30 stops each and done. Air only. I don't mean just Saturday air, it's all air that made it to our location. Definitely no ground though.

Get everyone on board with insisting on the 8 hour guarantee. They won't have enough brooms to keep everyone busy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I can recall in years past that they would take all of the packages out of the "lookup room" and run them down the belt at the end of the sort to see if any of the drivers could give directions or help that driver get those packages delivered. They don't do that anymore.

There are a lot of things that they should be doing that they don't do anymore.

Johney

Our building is running everything that comes in ground/air. There was already 5 full A-4's in the yard when I left last night and they were expecting at least 2 more today.

I can recall in years past that they would take all of the packages out of the "lookup room" and run them down the belt at the end of the sort to see if any of the drivers could give directions or help that driver get those packages delivered. They don't do that anymore.

A couple of our drivers still do. Or misloads and repackaged or missed and overs. They're not runner gunners or management pals, they have just been doing it that way forever.

The Driver

I drive.

Someone should put you in a “lockup room.”

What'dyabringmetoday???

Such as not allowing heroes to sort before work. Oh wait...

ManInBrown

Sunday would be tip city with drunk people when you bring Billy his video game. If you drive affluent areas I'd never turn down Sunday Christmas eve day. Even on someone else's route.
Rich people do not tip. That’s how they stay rich. I deliver in a very affluent area. I got about 4 tips from resi regulars. Middle class people are the tippers.

rod

Retired 22 years

yawn