Was union dues

Time for change

So we will pay the hire union dues and our back pay and higher taxes on retro. I can't wait for this year election year and contract year.
So we will pay the hire union dues and our back pay and higher taxes on retro. I can't wait for this year election year and contract year.

One would think we would get a couple percent interest on retro. I know that doesn’t and won’t happen, but it would be the right thing to do. Bet the company makes money off of it.

Been In Brown Too Long

Ex-Package Donkey
Bitter ≠ wrong.
She is right about the proposed contract, but wrong about how to fix the problem. She is wrong to come on here threatening other Teamsters, most of which agree with her on a no vote. The threats that I'm leaving the union, and without my dues your pension is gone, etc. are juvenile.

My advice, take your $34/mo. and go. My only wish is that after you bail, you need representation, and they treat you like the scab you will have become.

Time for change

She is right about the proposed contract, but wrong about how to fix the problem. She is wrong to come on here threatening other Teamsters, most of which agree with her on a no vote. The threats that I'm leaving the union, and without my dues your pension is gone, etc. are juvenile.

My advice, take your $34/mo. and go. My only wish is that after you bail, you need representation, and they treat you like the scab you will have become.

They aren’t threats and union members all over the country are putting unions on notice. Get out of bed with the company/state or we are out. It’s very simple, work for your members more than self interest or we are gone. Not empty threats and very effective, the union needs dues more than ever.

Time for change

When Bug the Thug and other full time “brothers” look down their nose at women and other people that have good reason to be part time and they attack , I have every right to fire back and this started well before I ever came on here. I mean here are fat, uneducated guys that are making close to, or even are making 6 figures as a mailman minus the civil service exam to qualify. Members are making 12+ dollars an hour less than people on their shift after 10+ years of service and we get attacked for being lazy or whatever else. Some drivers understand the part time work and others are seriously out of touch with anything that doesn’t resemble their life situation.

F

Frankie's Friend

They aren’t threats and union members all over the country are putting unions on notice. Get out of bed with the company/state or we are out. It’s very simple, work for your members more than self interest or we are gone. Not empty threats and very effective, the union needs dues more than ever.
Your analysis is correct about when some will get a clue...

when the money dies up.

Let's see how the money river flows: Company/employee/union.

Unfortunately, some local unions have done this to themselves.
Few members that are disgruntled would talk about going RTW even tho they would jump at the chance because their local leadership is typically AWOL and weak in settling grieved violations.

But the issue is real. Trains are coming. Better fix the tracks before it rounds the (possibly last) bend. People are angry.

F

Frankie's Friend

How about we waive the retroactive agreement and we can both do without the money. Let me know.
How about you get a real job so you can come on here and relate to people's issues instead of always stirring up trouble when some member is upset about an issue that irritates you and your agenda?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Your analysis is correct about when some will get a clue...

when the money dies up.

Let's see how the money river flows: Company/employee/union.

Unfortunately, some local unions have done this to themselves.
Few members that are disgruntled would talk about going RTW even tho they would jump at the chance because their local leadership is typically AWOL and weak in settling grieved violations.

But the issue is real. Trains are coming. Better fix the tracks before it rounds the (possibly last) bend. People are angry.
Well said sir. Well said.

F

Frankie's Friend

I hope every local union whose representation consistently sucks faces a new slate in the next election.

Every one.

In some places it's more than Time for Change.

DOK

If there’s no anterior motive behind this thread, I agree that public comments shouldn’t have been shut down on ups rising and FB.

F

Frankie's Friend

If there’s no anterior motive behind this thread, I agree that public comments shouldn’t have been shut down on ups rising and FB.
You know, the ibt is trying to save us from ourselves.
Last cba the company gave them our healthcare money and the ibt leadership gave us 1 more year of progression.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gimme Danger

Nope going to get my leave the union bonus and be smiling. Right to work, see ya!
Being a freeloader isn't the answer. Expecting something better against the Big Brown Bully with a weaker union is like believing in unicorns.
Pay dues, then change your local leadership by members running for local office, by gaining support and votes from members of your local. Then change the IBT leadership by members running for IBT office, by gaining support and votes from members across the International.

The key word in that: "members"

And they have the right to silence us by an unprecedented move to remove all Facebook comments from the people paying their wages.

As a member, you have a right to vote on the tentative agreement. Vote to make your voice heard. Encourage others to vote. Facebook comments don't change anything.

F

Frankie's Friend

Pay dues, then change your local leadership by members running for local office, by gaining support and votes from members of your local. Then change the IBT leadership by members running for IBT office, by gaining support and votes from members across the International.
Apathy is a fatal disease. All it takes is for 1 person to step up and speak out locally.
Other will follow.

Some people are destined to be leaders.

Some just get slid into those spots unchecked and only a few feel they can make their representation change.

You only live once. What legacy are you leaving for the next gen of Teamsters? Cowardice?

This may be one of the pronounced reasons the union is draining not gaining.