Was union dues

browndevil

The benefits they bargained for were one sided and not in my best interest, time to hold the union accountable and put them on notice. Remember us at the table or we might not pay dues. It’s happening all over the country in right to work States, probably should have thought of that before negotiating this contract.
You are still getting raises, seniority recognition, H & W payments, vacations? I have to pay all my taxes, not just the ones I like. I would really hope you would talk to your Local BA or even the Sec Treas of your Local Union to voice your concerns. "Right to work" is only in place to weaken Unions. We are only as strong as our weakest link. We may not agree on everything but we must stand together for the greater good! I ask you to reconsider.

Time for change

You are still getting raises, seniority recognition, H & W payments, vacations? I have to pay all my taxes, not just the ones I like. I would really hope you would talk to your Local BA or even the Sec Treas of your Local Union to voice your concerns. "Right to work" is only in place to weaken Unions. We are only as strong as our weakest link. We may not agree on everything but we must stand together for the greater good! I ask you to reconsider.
Definitely would like to be a part of a strong union and I am actually reconsidering based on my local’s recommendation on this contract. I don’t take the decision lightly.

a911scanner

In response to the last 2 comments...

You really ought to think twice about if it's a great contract when UPS is trying to tell you how great it is and to "Vote Yes"

If the IBT was saying Vote Yes and UPS was grumbling in the corner and pissing and moaning about our new contract, I would certainly consider voting yes.

When the company and the IBT says vote yes, something doesn't smell right. Period.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
money spent on UPS Rising, so they could silence you with your own money?
UPSRising was originally Sean’s idea. Until he was canned and it was used to try and sell us on the greatest bargaining contract ever. Now it’s a propaganda machine. In the advice of our national negotiator of the Teamsers UNION, “Vote for you and friend everyone else”

wide load

How about we waive the retroactive agreement and we can both do without the money. Let me know.
How about you run with your tail between your legs because if you actually had the balls to stand up for this bull:censored2: contract with your real name, you should be voted out. My guess is your playing moderate in real life. Continue enjoying your safe space.

BrownRecycler

UPSRising was originally Sean’s idea. Until he was canned and it was used to try and sell us on the greatest bargaining contract ever. Now it’s a propaganda machine. In the advice of our national negotiator of the Teamsers UNION, “Vote for you and friend everyone else”

Quit horse:censored2:ting.

It is information to keep inform of the contract change. It is only propaganda if you disagree with it. The purpose is to educate yourself, to be inform, and use that information to vote on it. If you keep telling people what to vote without having them read it, they will eventually lose cooperation and sympathize with your cause because of seeding misinformation thus proven that you do not have everyone's best interest.

Anything to do with Sean is beside the point.

Time for change

It is information to keep inform of the contract change. It is only propaganda if you disagree with it. The purpose is to educate yourself, to be inform, and use that information to vote on it. If you keep telling people what to vote without having them read it, they will eventually lose cooperation and sympathize with your cause because of seeding misinformation.

First time I’ve seen a Facebook page of any kind shut down comments. Comments from members paying their salaries to make that page. UPS Rising is absolutely disgraceful.

Bob11B

Definitely would like to be a part of a strong union and I am actually reconsidering based on my local’s recommendation on this contract. I don’t take the decision lightly.
I’m curious, what is it that would make you happy in a contract? I understand you are a part-timer, do you want to go full-time or choose to be part time? Assuming you have another job?

BrownRecycler

First time I’ve seen a Facebook page of any kind shut down comments. Comments from members paying their salaries to make that page. UPS Rising is absolutely disgraceful.

Honestly, after reading the BrownCafe, I have to say it is the best and for the reason that you are doing now. Teamsters don't want people riding everyone and turn the platform into a power struggle. Since moderating is a pain in the butt, the best solution is to turn it off.

Time for change

I’m curious, what is it that would make you happy in a contract? I understand you are a part-timer, do you want to go full-time or choose to be part time? Assuming you have another job?
Would love to be 22.3, even if I could have been a driver it would have been over 10 years in before I would have had a driving job. I do have another job. I believe 22.4 will eliminate any chance of me getting 22.3(not that I’d get one anyway). The 22.4 language is awful and has tons of loopholes the company will exploit. I would like to see a catch up raise for existing part timers of about $1.50, and I would like proper compensation for designating everyone skilled now, otherwise you’ll end up having people that could be paid differently doing the same job and that have the same seniority date. That’s wrong!

BrownRecycler

Would love to be 22.3, even if I could have been a driver it would have been over 10 years in before I would have had a driving job. I do have another job. I believe 22.4 will eliminate any chance of me getting 22.3(not that I’d get one anyway). The 22.4 language is awful and has tons of loopholes the company will exploit. I would like to see a catch up raise for existing part timers of about $1.50, and I would like proper compensation for designating everyone skilled now, otherwise you’ll end up having people that could be paid differently doing the same job and that have the same seniority date. That’s wrong!

There are already a catch up raise.

wide load

It is information to keep inform of the contract change. It is only propaganda if you disagree with it. The purpose is to educate yourself, to be inform, and use that information to vote on it. If you keep telling people what to vote without having them read it, they will eventually lose cooperation and sympathize with your cause because of seeding misinformation thus proven that you do not have everyone's best interest.

Information?
You don’t find odd that our labor union and the company are preaching the same words? Highlighting the same points. And being Sean’s idea isn’t beside the point. The intent of that app was to unite our broken union. Guess what, it’s still broken. Now more than ever. You might love this contract, I don’t. 22.4 is a joke. I can explain why but if you don’t know by now, you might be a lost cause. 9.5 changed nothing. But, every article is debatable. The biggest issue I have is my union and employer have walked arm in arm together to provide me what they both feel I need.

BrownRecycler

Information?
You don’t find odd that our labor union and the company are preaching the same words? Highlighting the same points. And being Sean’s idea isn’t beside the point. The intent of that app was to unite our broken union. Guess what, it’s still broken. Now more than ever. You might love this contract, I don’t. 22.4 is a joke. I can explain why but if you don’t know by now, you might be a lost cause. 9.5 changed nothing. But, every article is debatable. The biggest issue I have is my union and employer have walked arm in arm together to provide me what they both feel I need.

The union isn't broken. The contract was made by and vote by the union which means, if it passed, you would accuse the majority as "broken".

The fact that may have been repeated shows how hard the reading comprehension, heck, I need more time to understand what I am reading.

Sean's idea isn't part of the argument about the contract. The talk about Sean had nothing to do with the contract talks. It is beside the point. Period.

Please explains why 22.4 is a joke? And, no, I don't agree with the, if you aren't with me then you are against me. Don't bother. It is cheap.

Union and employer, arm by arm, although not literal as your opinion but they are written in the contract book.

wide load

The union isn't broken. The contract was made by and vote by the union which means, if it passed, you would accuse the majority as "broken".

The fact that may have been repeated shows how hard the reading comprehension, heck, I need more time to understand what I am reading.

Sean's idea isn't part of the argument about the contract. The talk about Sean had nothing to do with the contract talks. It is beside the point. Period.

Please explains why 22.4 is a joke? And, no, I don't agree with the, if you aren't with me then you are against me. Don't bother. It is cheap.

Union and employer, arm by arm, although not literal as your opinion but they are written in the contract book.
Sorry if I’m suspicious of a browcafe’r with a July 14th 2018 signup date. But I have one single question, what is the top ground rate?

reginald95

What is the top rate for delivering ground in your specific building?

Top rate is at 37 and change. And we already had a two tier driver called temporary cover driver. In my building they are used year round and make 85 percent of a top rate driver's wage and get no 9.5 protection and don't get full-time pension contributions. So please move on from the point that a 22.4 will make less. This new hybrid driver should have been the temporary cover driver to begin with.